AMD 13.8 Beta Driver? NO Thank you!!!

SeagullChips

Ok, I don't know if anyone had this "problem" but, I decided to install the 13.8 Beta Drivers, and I was running them for hours (still using them, but about to revert back to 13.4, Why? Just wait.) then I decided to play a game. so I went to check on GPU-Tweak, as I always do, and it said my CPU clock was... 0000 MHz!!! and the fan % was at 0. So I just Closed to program, and reopened it, when opening it, it set my GPU fans to 100%, I know because I heard them, and the screen went black, and whatever I did, nothing changed, so I had to shut it down with the power button, so I restarted it in safe mode, tried to uninstall GPU-Tweak, but it couldn't for some reason, so I found the folder all the files where in and deleted most of them, so it can't open on startup. Then I uninstalled them after I restarted. And, clearly, all is good.

But what do you think caused this? 

I was pretty worried.

I'm never installing another beta driver, for graphics anyway. 

First PC Build (Current System) | CPU: AMD FX6300 | GPU: ASUS 7850 D CUii | Mobo: ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0 | PSU: XFX PRO 850W | RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | HDD: WD Green | Case: Xigmatek Asgard V1 (soon to be 750D =D)

I crashed twice without playing any games. I uninstalled after the second time

If you do not have dual GPU:s then you do not need this beta driver, but i would suggest you to install older drivers and wait for non beta drivers.

I crashed twice without playing any games. I uninstalled after the second time

Ye, this has put me off, BETAs for a long time.

First PC Build (Current System) | CPU: AMD FX6300 | GPU: ASUS 7850 D CUii | Mobo: ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0 | PSU: XFX PRO 850W | RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | HDD: WD Green | Case: Xigmatek Asgard V1 (soon to be 750D =D)

Yeah don't install beta drivers unless there's something new in them that you want (smoother FPS in a crossfireX setup in this case).

If you do not have dual GPU:s then you do not need this beta driver, but i would suggest you to install older drivers and wait for non beta drivers.

Ye, I know, but I like the latest drivers and stuff, but I never expected that to happen.

Yeah don't install beta drivers unless there's something new in them that you want (smoother FPS in a crossfireX setup in this case).

I guess I've learned my lesson.

I guess I've learned my lesson.

i have downloaded once beta drivers from nvidia, and they were so messed up.

(i wont never download any beta softwares)

Beta is a beta, furthermore when it's a beta for crossfire setups, not single card.

You'd be better off with the 13.4 WHQL for stability until the rest comes out (Although i'm using 13.5 beta 3)

Beta is a beta, furthermore when it's a beta for crossfire setups, not single card.

You'd be better off with the 13.4 WHQL for stability until the rest comes out (Although i'm using 13.5 beta 3)

Ye, well i thought drivers were drivers, even if the only improvement was for crossfire, I don't know why it caused GPU-Tweak to do that? Anyhow I'm downloading 13.4 now, other than that everything is fine with 13.8.....

i have downloaded once beta drivers from nvidia, and they were so messed up.

(i wont never download any beta softwares)

Well, games should be ok, just not important driver like, Graphics... Ugh, stupid me.

Ahhh, i'm kinda new to this. How can I revert back to 13.4?

Ahhh, i'm kinda new to this. How can I revert back to 13.4?

you should be able to perform a driver rollback through Windows. go to Device Manager and, under Display Devices, click on your GPU. click on the "Driver" tab and then click "Roll Back Driver".

i personally haven't tried that feature, however, but it should work.

Desktop: CM Elite 130 - Corsair CX600M PSU - Asus Maximus VI Impact - Intel Core i7-4790K (@4.4GHz) - Corsair H80i - 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 - Asus DirectCUII Radeon R9 290 - 250GB Samsung EVO SSD + 4TB WD Red HDD

Laptop: Asus N56DP-DH11 (AMD A10-4600M - Radeon HD7730M) -------------------------------------------------------- I know, I'm a bit of an AMD fanboy --------------------------------------------------------

"It's not what you drive; it's how you drive it."   ~~Jeremy Clark, TopGear

you should be able to perform a driver rollback through Windows. go to Device Manager and, under Display Devices, click on your GPU. click on the "Driver" tab and then click "Roll Back Driver".

i personally haven't tried that feature, however, but it should work.

Ye, thanks man. It worked, i'm now back to 13.4 but i'm still kinda reluctant to reinstall GPU-Tweak :)

As previously mentioned, Beta is Beta... meaning that until the official Driver is released, it's not necessarily 100% stable. People seem to forget that when they demand cutting-edge, early access to beta products, instability and/or missing features comes hand-in-hand with that.

99% of the time, the Beta drivers work perfectly, but not always.

My suggestion to @SeagullChips is to file a bug report with AMD, and then revert back to 13.4 drivers (Looks like you've already reverted - still file that bug report though!)

If you don't file the bug report, then how will they know there is an issue? Internal bug checking can only account for a very SMALL amount of possible hardware/software configurations. They need you, as the Beta user, to help out with bug reports.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

i have the latest Beta 13.8 running on my x64 Win8 Dual Graphics-enabled laptop. doesn't seem like much has changed, except that in the left-click menu for "Configure Switchable Graphics" i instead get Hydragrid. i may want to perform a rollback myself...

Desktop: CM Elite 130 - Corsair CX600M PSU - Asus Maximus VI Impact - Intel Core i7-4790K (@4.4GHz) - Corsair H80i - 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 - Asus DirectCUII Radeon R9 290 - 250GB Samsung EVO SSD + 4TB WD Red HDD

Laptop: Asus N56DP-DH11 (AMD A10-4600M - Radeon HD7730M) -------------------------------------------------------- I know, I'm a bit of an AMD fanboy --------------------------------------------------------

"It's not what you drive; it's how you drive it."   ~~Jeremy Clark, TopGear