Buying pc parts when the canadian dollar is literally the worst...

Mightyinvader

So I want to build a new pc, I was thinking 2500$ for the pc, keyboard,mouse and 1440p monitor. However with the Canadian dollar being so crap, putting a 980ti in sucker might not be in the budget, hell the 980 is more expensive now then it was on release it would seem, or at least not price drop... So I was wondering what exactly to do? Wait it out till holidays and hope our dollar fixes itself and catch some deals? Or will our dollar be shit for quite some time? It would seem that the difference between 2.5k USD and 2.5k CAD for a computer is night and day. Anyone else hesitant to buy fearing they could have had a much better machine had they waited it out? It's really hard to have the money to build a pc and wait it out when the pc your using is a crappy 2009 prebuilt HP computer with amd interggrated graphics that struggle to run minesweeper

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/

You can always get better if you wait.. If you have the money right now, just buy it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Stop your whining still not as bad as Australia.

Australia's a lot worse...

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Stop your whining still not as bad as Australia.

Mate, try New Zealand atm. A 980ti is > $1200 over here, even if importing from US via amazon.

I just try to remember I'm lucky to be living in one of the most beautiful countries in the world, and that comes at a cost. The same can be said for Aus and Canada.

My sig rig cost me around $4100 CAD (I think.) It would have been like less than 3k USD.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

Please don't make me laugh...

43eb1e737c.png

7f01dcde2c1158b1eed9c527eef64fa8.png

I am not from Indonesia, but I know that everything you have to pay with 1,000's 

US dollar will remain strong or get stronger as the US economy is doing better than most of the world. And the US interest rate hike cycle is about to begin. It's a matter of if CAD will follow the trend.

My sig rig cost me around $4100 CAD (I think.) It would have been like less than 3k USD.

About 6K AUD here....and I've kept adding bits. I think it's a bit under 4k USD If I didn't have to pay various import duties, shipping, and currency conversion. (Motherboard had to come from germany for christs sake)

You could compromise by building a 1080p setup instead. Back to school deals are just around the corner, so you might want to keep that in mind.

Buying and building a PC here in Canada is not as bad as you think when you consider the fact that the minimum wage in the US is lower. It's still not the best with things like higher taxes, exports, etc. But hey, it could be much worse. ^ - ^

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Could have the Australian Dollar I guess?

Mate, try New Zealand atm. A 980ti is > $1200 over here, even if importing from US via amazon.

I just try to remember I'm lucky to be living in one of the most beautiful countries in the world, and that comes at a cost. The same can be said for Aus and Canada.

I know, I love my country and I don't mind the expensive prices (eZ Amazon Global ;-))

Well I won't make another "X place is worst" but is just driving to the US not an option at all? Because that could pay up just for your top parts: monitor GPU and CPU the rest it won't be that bad even with the bad exchange rate you can just get locally

Plus in your case you can make a weekend out of it visiting Seattle.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Well I won't make another "X place is worst" but is just driving to the US not an option at all? Because that could pay up just for your top parts: monitor GPU and CPU the rest it won't be that bad even with the bad exchange rate you can just get locally

Plus in your case you can make a weekend out of it visiting Seattle.

It would still cost the same... Exchange currency will make it the same as if I bought in canada

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/

It would still cost the same... Exchange currency will make it the same as if I bought in canada

Then the parts don't actually have a higher cost in Canada.

• 2 weeks later...

Then the parts don't actually have a higher cost in Canada.

they do cost more Canadian money/ what I'm saying is by converting my CAD to USD won't change how much money the pc will cost. But 700$ USD is 1,25x more than 700$ CAD. So yes they do

buy the parts in the usa

still get a better deal that way

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

It's only going to get worse, I'm hearing around RBC it might be 1.4(currently at 1.31) by January.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit