Awesome new build?

iamyama

dude. if you spend 340 euros on a motherboard you`re going to regret it. right now, i`ve overclocked my cpu (4670k) on a 130 dollar board to 4.6 ghz on the core " 1.30v. just get the z170-a or the z170 pro gaming. they are very similar, but the pro gaming has more usb ports on the back, has supreme fx audio codec, gamefirst networking software, and front base support.

there is no reason to get the deluxe unless you have money to burn and want wifi. wifi sucks.

edit:

don`t get a gigabyte board. they dont allow you to set adaptive voltage for your vring and cache ratio. maybe they changed it for z170 boards, but i doubt it.

This is the type of recommendation I've been waiting for. Thanks. I think I'll settle for Asus Pro Gaming.

This is the type of recommendation I've been waiting for. Thanks. I think I'll settle for Asus Pro Gaming.

also, asus has 5 way optimization for an easy overclock if you'd like to use that. i think you'll be more than satisfied with the asus z170 pro gaming mobo

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z170-PRO-GAMING/

BigDay

Probably cause the pro has better voltage regulation for overclocking, my bet.

My bad, the case is reversed, the delux has better.

Edit: Voltage regulation, worst to best:

Z170-a

Pro Gaming - MSI Krait

Gigabyte Gaming 3/5

MSI Gaming M7

Delux

MSI Titanium

where did you find the info on voltage regulation?

BigDay

i think you should get the build below because:

1. the cpu cooler is sufficient and a little less expensive
  2. the motherboard is more than sufficient for your needs
  3. 2tb sshd
  4. gigabyte g1 gaming card has a higher boost clock out of the box than the evga one
  5. the case is much better than the nzxt one and will allow for 2-3 way sli with those massive 980 ti cards
  6. psu is of high quality
  7. i added a 1000w psu so that you can upgrade to x2 sli in the future with the 980 ti

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  (Purchased For $359.99)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($111.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($169.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($97.95 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Seagate  2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive  ($89.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($683.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Arc XL ATX Full Tower Case  ($120.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($135.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1825.76 or 1677.08 EURO
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-07 08:57 EDT-0400

this is an absolute beast of a computer! you could even get away with a cheaper motherboard if you wanted to

BigDay

i think you should get the build below because:

• the cpu cooler is sufficient and a little less expensive
  • the motherboard is more than sufficient for your needs
  • 2tb sshd
  • gigabyte g1 gaming card has a higher boost clock out of the box than the evga one
  • the case is much better than the nzxt one and will allow for 2-3 way sli with those massive 980 ti cards
  • psu is of high quality
  • i added a 1000w psu so that you can upgrade to x2 sli in the future with the 980 ti
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor (Purchased For $359.99)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($111.99 @ Amazon)

Motherboard: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($169.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($54.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($97.95 @ OutletPC)

Storage: Seagate 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive ($89.88 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card ($683.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Case: Fractal Design Arc XL ATX Full Tower Case ($120.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($135.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Total: $1825.76 or 1677.08 EURO

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-07 08:57 EDT-0400

this is an absolute beast of a computer! you could even get away with a cheaper motherboard if you wanted to

I see. One last thing about the motherboard. The Asus Pro Gaming doesn't have a dedicated water pump header, does that matter? And is the gigabyte gtx 980 ti better in all aspects compared to the super evga card? I'm not planning to upgrade to two cards atm but maybe soon.

I see. One last thing about the motherboard. The Asus Pro Gaming doesn't have a dedicated water pump header, does that matter? And is the gigabyte gtx 980 ti better in all aspects compared to the super evga card? I'm not planning to upgrade to two cards atm but maybe soon.

if you are planning on watercooling, then the water pump header may be useful. i don't think it's worth spending more money on. i haven't really compared both of those cards in depth so i wouldn't know, but the gigabyte card is a great overclocking gpu. it can potentially reach 1500 mhz on the core when overclocked manually and 5000 mhz on the memory clock. read my gpu overclocking guide to really harness its performance

BigDay

if you are planning on watercooling, then the water pump header may be useful. i don't think it's worth spending more money on. i haven't really compared both of those cards in depth so i wouldn't know, but the gigabyte card is a great overclocking gpu. it can potentially reach 1500 mhz on the core when overclocked manually and 5000 mhz on the memory clock. read my gpu overclocking guide to really harness its performance

I don't have too much knowledge about this stuff but I thought since I have a h100i corsair water cooler in my build, the pump header in the mobo would be a great help, right? Or am I confused? Moreover, I guess the EVGA marketing terms in "superclocked" just got my attention. Since I'm not an expert at overclockijg, should I still settle for the gigabyte 980 ti or get the EVGA superclocked?

I don't have too much knowledge about this stuff but I thought since I have a h100i corsair water cooler in my build, the pump header in the mobo would be a great help, right? Or am I confused? Moreover, I guess the EVGA marketing terms in "superclocked" just got my attention. Since I'm not an expert at overclockijg, should I still settle for the gigabyte 980 ti or get the EVGA superclocked?

the h100i is an aio cooler. the pump header on the motherboard is for fully custom liquid cooling, which you do not have. i wouldn't worry about it

the good thing about the gigabyte g1 gaming is that it has a higher boost clock out of the box when compared to the evga one you selected. if you don't feel like overclocking right away, you'll have a nice performance boost by simply enabling the boost clock

you should read my gpu overclocking guide though and overclock your card. it makes a big difference

BigDay