Awesome new build?

iamyama

Hello,

I am ordering the following customized gaming pc in a few days but before I do that, I want to know your thoughts on the build. Please rate the build before I lay 2200 EUR on it. 

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GZqqnQ

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor 
  • CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT 113.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
  • Motherboard: Asus Z170-DELUXE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($304.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
  • Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
  • Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($97.95 @ OutletPC) 
  • Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
  • Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ Video Card  ($679.99 @ Amazon) 
  • Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
  • Power Supply: Corsair CSM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1501.88

10/10 would bang

But actually, its a really nice build. Just get a better PSU pls ;)

Personally would get a Seasonic or EVGA PSU =p

Looks awesome! happy building.

9/10 the power supply sucks

get the evga g2 650 (or a similar one) and your build is perfect

Dont get the Corsair H110i GT, but H110i GTX.

The GTX version is an old revision, with a pump noise issue.

Change the PSU CSM 750W to a corsair RMI 750i

Would get 2 sticks of 8GB ram instead of 2x4 GB, it is totally worth it. 

Hello,

I am ordering the following customized gaming pc in a few days but before I do that, I want to know your thoughts on the build. Please rate the build before I lay 2200 EUR on it. 

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GZqqnQ

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor 
  • CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GT 113.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
  • Motherboard: Asus Z170-DELUXE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($304.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
  • Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
  • Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($97.95 @ OutletPC) 
  • Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
  • Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ Video Card  ($679.99 @ Amazon) 
  • Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
  • Power Supply: Corsair CSM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1501.88

1. cpu is g2g
  2. cooler: get the h110i gtx instead
  3. motherboard is overkill, but if you want wifi, i guess you should buy it...
  4. ram is g2g
  5. ssd: an 850 pro or extreme pro would be faster
  6. 1tb fills up quick. get a 2tb sshd
  7. gpu is g2g
  8. case is a piece of junk. get a fractal design arc xl
  9. psu: i would have gotten an evga (gs or g2) or seasonic

BigDay

1. cpu is g2g
  4. ram is g2g
  7. gpu is g2g

case is very good and it has good reviews

850 pro not worth the extra price

1. case is a piece of junk. get a fractal design arc xl

hehe, had that case for 2 months, the thermals was horrible, so it went straight to the scrapyard. The problem is that the fan intakes are not able to get air, and the exhaust is too small. 

The steel used in that case is too flexible and the feets is glued on. 

if there would be something that should really be changed would be the psu. get a better, fully modular one

and that's pretty much it

of course that there will be ppl that will say that the system is rubish or that something is overkill but that's their opinion

even the system as it is, is a very good one that will last you a few years so don't really take into consideration those that wanna change more than one thing to it

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Lol, it's not good for the money. Its junky. The  fan filters is hard to clean! The included fans is okey, but that's all good. The Windows is mediocre as all plexiglass windows, they scratches very easily. 

Dont get the Corsair H110i GT, but H110i GTX.

The GTX version is an old revision, with a pump noise issue.

Change the PSU CSM 750W to a corsair RMI 750i

Would get 2 sticks of 8GB ram instead of 2x4 GB, it is totally worth it. 

Should I get the Corsair RM750i or Seasonic S12G-750 as psu or are they both good? 

if there would be something that should really be changed would be the psu. get a better, fully modular one

and that's pretty much it

of course that there will be ppl that will say that the system is rubish or that something is overkill but that's their opinion

even the system as it is, is a very good one that will last you a few years so don't really take into consideration those that wanna change more than one thing to it

Thank you. Would the RM750i do or the Seasonic S12G-750?

Should I get the Corsair RM750i or Seasonic S12G-750 as psu or are they both good? 

Thank you. Would the RM750i do or the Seasonic S12G-750?

i'd take the RM750i 

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

1. cpu is g2g
  4. ram is g2g
  7. gpu is g2g

What if I would get the ASUS Z170-A, Motherboard instead of the Deluxe? There shouldn't be much difference between the Z170-A and Deluxe right? I wouldn't be compromising too much? The Z170A is 170 Euro's cheaper than the Deluxe.

What do you guys think? 

PS: I'm assuming the only Z170 Asus motherboard that supports 4k@60hz is Deluxe? Or is it possible to get a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter to be able to get 4k @ 60hz on tv/monitor since the motherboards support DisplayPort 1.2 right?

you're wrong about the case

BigDay

What if I would get the ASUS Z170-A, Motherboard instead of the Deluxe? There shouldn't be much difference between the Z170-A and Deluxe right? I wouldn't be compromising too much? The Z170A is 170 Euro's cheaper than the Deluxe.

What do you guys think? 

PS: I'm assuming the only Z170 Asus motherboard that supports 4k@60hz? Or is it possible to get an DP to HDMI adapter to be able to get 4k @ 60hz on tv/monitor?

according to asus, the only mobo that supports hdmi 2.0 is the deluxe. the z170-a looks like a great board, but i would get the z170 pro gaming instead; it's around the same price. only the deluxe has wifi built in

http://www.asus.com/us/site/motherboards/Z170/compare/

BigDay

What do you guys think? 

PS: I'm assuming the only Z170 Asus motherboard that supports 4k@60hz is Deluxe? Or is it possible to get a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter to be able to get 4k @ 60hz on tv/monitor since the motherboards support DisplayPort 1.2 right?

Why do  you care about the motherboard display output? You are getting a deddicated Gpu!

I would get this motherboard, asus has too many issues with their uefi's. Its a bloody mess ;)

MSI Z170 Krait Gaming

Other good alternatives:

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 (bang for the buck)

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 (bang for the buck)

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7

MSI Z170A XPower Gaming Titanium Edition (if you want the best)

MSI Z170A Gaming M7

MSI Z170A Gaming M5

MSI Z170A Gaming M5

ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6

If you need wifi:

The asus you looke at

according to asus, the only mobo that supports hdmi 2.0 is the deluxe. the z170-a looks like a great board, but i would get the z170 pro gaming instead; it's around the same price. only the deluxe has wifi built in

http://www.asus.com/us/site/motherboards/Z170/compare/

Why would you pick the pro gaming over /A board? Just looking for ways to find an alternative motherboard ;)

Why would you pick the pro gaming over /A board? Just looking for ways to find an alternative motherboard ;)

Probably cause the pro has better voltage regulation for overclocking, my bet.

My bad, the case is reversed, the delux has better.

Edit: Voltage regulation, worst to best:

Z170-a

Pro Gaming - MSI Krait

Gigabyte Gaming 3/5

MSI Gaming M7

Delux

MSI Titanium

Why do you care about the motherboard display output? You are getting a deddicated Gpu!

I would get this motherboard, asus has too many issues with their uefi's. Its a bloody mess ;)

MSI Z170 Krait Gaming

Other good alternatives:

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 (bang for the buck)

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 (bang for the buck)

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7

MSI Z170A XPower Gaming Titanium Edition (if you want the best)

MSI Z170A Gaming M7

MSI Z170A Gaming M5

MSI Z170A Gaming M5

ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6

If you need wifi:

The asus you looke at

Too many options to choose from lol, thanks for that. I don't think the wifi is a big deal is it? I mean I have an Asus ac68u router in my room anyway. Is it worth paying extra for the wifi capabilities on a motherboard?

So you're basically saying not to pick an Asus mobo? I was thinking of either getting the Deluxe or the /A or Pro Gaming one, just can't figure out which one :( it's either saving an additional 170 euros on the motherboard by getting the /A or Pro Gaming or just spending 340 euros on the deluxe. What would you guys do?

Too many options to choose from lol, thanks for that. I don't think the wifi is a big deal is it? I mean I have an Asus ac68u router in my room anyway. Is it worth paying extra for the wifi capabilities on a motherboard?

So you're basically saying not to pick an Asus mobo? I was thinking of either getting the Deluxe or the /A or Pro Gaming one, just can't figure out which one :( it's either saving an additional 170 euros on the motherboard by getting the /A or Pro Gaming or just spending 340 euros on the deluxe. What would you guys do?

The hardware is great, but I the UEFI is a bitch on the delux series. Don't know on the gaming series, they have alot of issues with the delux,  z170-a series uefis.

I would remmomend MSI or Gigabyte. I personally prefer MSI

Since this gen uses power regulation on the motherboard for overclokcing, I would atleast get

Gigabyte Gaming 5 or MSI M5. If you don't like the color, the krait isn't that bad eaither and is going to be more than a good enough overclocking board. BTW the silicon in the cpu has the most to say 

Probably cause the pro has better voltage regulation for overclocking, my bet.

My bad, the case is reversed, the delux has better.

Edit: Voltage regulation, worst to best:

Z170-a

Pro Gaming - MSI Krait

Gigabyte Gaming 3/5

MSI Gaming M7

Delux

MSI Titanium

Thanks for the info. Does the voltage regulation make a big difference? I mean, the /A mobo is 170€ cheaper than the Deluxe. Is it worth the price tag in your opinion? Am I not compromising too much by saving 170€ and settling for the /A or Pro Gaming?

Edit: the Msi M7 is at a price of 250€. The M5 at €209. Asus deluxe is €340 and Asus /A and Pro Gaming are at €170 ish

Thanks for the info. Does the voltage regulation make a big difference? I mean, the /A mobo is 170€ cheaper than the Deluxe. Is it worth the price tag in your opinion? Am I not compromising too much by saving 170€ and settling for the /A or Pro Gaming?

Edit: the Msi M7 is at a price of 250€. The M5 at €209. Asus deluxe is €340 and Asus /A and Pro Gaming are at €170 ish

MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 150$

Get that one

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z170akraitgaming

dude. if you spend 340 euros on a motherboard you`re going to regret it. right now, i`ve overclocked my cpu (4670k) on a 130 dollar board to 4.6 ghz on the core " 1.30v. just get the z170-a or the z170 pro gaming. they are very similar, but the pro gaming has more usb ports on the back, has supreme fx audio codec, gamefirst networking software, and front base support.

there is no reason to get the deluxe unless you have money to burn and want wifi. wifi sucks.

edit:

don`t get a gigabyte board. they dont allow you to set adaptive voltage for your vring and cache ratio. maybe they changed it for z170 boards, but i doubt it.

BigDay

dude. if you spend 340 euros on a motherboard you`re going to regret it. right now, i`ve overclocked my cpu (4670k) on a 130 dollar board to 4.6 ghz on the core " 1.30v. just get the z170-a or the z170 pro gaming. they are very similar, but the pro gaming has more usb ports on the back, has supreme fx audio codec, gamefirst networking software, and front base support.

there is no reason to get the deluxe unless you have money to burn and want wifi. wifi sucks.

edit:

don`t get a gigabyte board. they dont allow you to set adaptive voltage for your vring and cache ratio. maybe they changed it for z170 boards, but i doubt it.

This has kinda changed with socket 1151, since the voltage regulation is not on the chip, but boards