Adding a carrying handle? (Need modding advice)

Go to solution Solved by Mnpctech,

Unfortunately all of the cases you suggested have plastic or exterior panels that "pop-off" with push tabs, so not good candidates for adding handles. Based on what you listed, and if you want to add bolt-on handles, I suggest looking at a MATX tower with steel or aluminum exterior top panel.

Here are some suggestions

Fractal Design Core 1300

Silverstone Temjin TJ08B

Cooler Master N200

Corsair 350

and Thank you for the shout out guys!

edit, we just finished making these machined billet pc case handles, http://mnpctech.com/pc-case-lan-party-gaming-carry-top-server-tower-handles/billet-grooved-handles.html

computer_case_lan_handle_billet_mnpctech

cooler_master_n600_mnpctech_pc_handles.j

Hello, and thanks for reading this already!

I'm looking into some good Micro-ATX cases. I prefer Micro-ATX as a motherboard size because it still has 4 RAM slots, 2 PCI-E x16's, but is still portable.

Now, I want to make a Micro-ATX case extra portable.

I'm looking into the AIR 240, Fractal Design Node 804 and the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv. Is there a relative safe way to add a carrying handle too them? And what materials should I use?

Yes, I am insane.

Thanks in advance!

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

I wouldn't risk it. They arent designed to support their weight from the top. If I had to choose one, I'd probably go for the Fractal though.

Well the air 240 could be a bit of a problem with the top panel just being held on byy two screws really but here is a shoutout to @Mnpctech 

Here are some handles!

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

Unfortunately all of the cases you suggested have plastic or exterior panels that "pop-off" with push tabs, so not good candidates for adding handles. Based on what you listed, and if you want to add bolt-on handles, I suggest looking at a MATX tower with steel or aluminum exterior top panel.

Fractal Design Core 1300

Silverstone Temjin TJ08B

Cooler Master N200

Corsair 350

edit, we just finished making these machined billet pc case handles, http://mnpctech.com/pc-case-lan-party-gaming-carry-top-server-tower-handles/billet-grooved-handles.html

computer_case_lan_handle_billet_mnpctech

cooler_master_n600_mnpctech_pc_handles.j

17 years of helping you void your warranty

Fractal Design Core 1300

Silverstone Temjin TJ08B

Cooler Master N200

Corsair 350

Will take a look at them! Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Forget carrying handles, buy a dolly

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list