Someone spying on me?

sissj

I woke up this morning and put my PC on, I then came back upstairs and sat down in my desk chair when I realised my webcam light was on, this only happens when I make video calls, could someone be spying on me?

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

try scanning for viruses, unplug your webcam.

yes very big possibility 

try scanning for viruses, unplug your webcam.

yes very big possibility 

Yup

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

I woke up this morning and put my PC on, I then came back upstairs and sat down in my desk chair when I realised my webcam light was on, this only happens when I make video calls, could someone be spying on me?

If your PC was fully booted and the light was on then yes, yes you are being peeped upon.

yep, burn your house down, just in case.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Yes, but just to make sure, take your pants off and jump up and down. If you see pics of your dick flopping around on the interwebs, you've been spy'd.

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 | CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k OC'd @ 4.5ghz | GPU: MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) | SDD: 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 3 Western Digital 1TB  Hard Drives | PSU:Corsair Professional AX750 ATX12V & EPS12V Power Supply | Case: Corsair Carbide Series 300R Black Mid-Tower

I had a friend with same issue and someone was indeed spying on him.

After several malware scans it was stopped.

Do note that your webcam light can turn on on its own if, for example, Windows downloads a new default driver for it. Or if your Skype auto-updated, and was configuring the webcam. It's not necessarily someone watching you. 

Do note that your webcam light can turn on on its own if, for example, Windows downloads a new default driver for it. Or if your Skype auto-updated, and was configuring the webcam. It's not necessarily someone watching you. 

I had a friend with same issue and someone was indeed spying on him.

After several malware scans it was stopped.

If your PC was fully booted and the light was on then yes, yes you are being peeped upon.

Yep thanks guys, Ill make sure of the green light in the futrure

yes this is so creepy !

yes ;.;

whip out your dinger and see if it turns off.

:D

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Ahahahahah but what if it DOESNT ?

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Ahahahahah but what if it DOESNT ?

"yolo" comes to mind xD

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

If someones watching you, theres a decent percent chance it could be the NSA and in that instance Id advice just grabbing your camera, putting it right in front of the family jewels and giving your webcam the good 'ol MEAT SPIN.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

If someones watching you, theres a decent percent chance it could be the NSA and in that instance Id advice just giving your webcam the good 'ol MEAT SPIN.

OMG xD

write on a Peice of paper the Taken lines of "I dont know who you are, i dont know what you want, but i will find you, and i will report you to the site administrator" and then put your webcam so it can see it ! 

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Do a lot of virus/ marware scans, unplug or better cover up the camera so you can still see if the camera light is turned on.

And if you wanna be safe, re-install your os

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

write on a Peice of paper the Taken lines of "I dont know who you are, i dont know what you want, but i will find you, and i will report you to the site administrator" and then put your webcam so it can see it ! 

Or put on a scream mast and scare the shit outta them 

Or put on a scream mast and scare the shit outta them 

ahah yes and just stare at them

Just get MalwareBytes and do a scan before anything else.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

Moon it

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I work for an antivirus company, and to be honest.  Antiviruses are pretty useless these days unless you want the standard blacklisting of stuff like the metasploit framework which it could be, but its blacklisted on pretty  much every operating system including Windows. 

My advice is to tape over your webcam, put up something like Wireshark and see if there is anything you dont recognize.  But before hand try to start your pc in  safe mode or boot from a linux disk or even just wipe your hard drive and install linux over it.  Install all the patches and stick to the package managers and you'll be fine. 

But the main thing is finding out if the hacker or spy is collecting stream video and sending it to an ip, if so. Find it and try block it on your router and your firewalls, also link it to an application and secure delete it from your hard drive. 

This is actually not uncommon. It could be a RAT, a pedophile or even just some creepy asshole trying to steal a glimpse of your naked.  In which case flip them the bird before taping up your webcam. And cut of the connection and all ports. Lock your router down and although ports such as 80 are always open, whatever this asshole is using might be on a different port like port 1234 or port 1122.  In which case block all ports except for those you trust and need which is mainly just port 80.