Unibody watercooling case | scratch build concept

I am currently working on a case concept that incorporates radiators into a case body, with fins all over the back side panel and base and loads of copper tubing hidden within the case. Also a seperate top compartment noise proofed to house the pump and resivoir. The case could just wave a few pipes sticking out of the body to connect the system loop to. I would go with an industrial clean design of just pure mabey brushed or powder coated aluminium with a glass side panel and copper tubing. The benefits of this case would be large noise reduction from isolating pump noise and it could probably be passively cooled but I would like to incorporate some Noctua redux 12db fans just to give the internals and fins some airflow. The cooling would be badass. The aesthetic of a case with fins all over would be badass ECT... I will work on 3d modelling and rendering my idea over the week to clarify my ideas. Would appreciate any input on this and apologies for any grammatical errors in this post, or lack of clarity, its 3 in the morning and im on my phone. :)

What would be the closest case to what you were thinking of?

Woo!

I am currently working on a case concept that incorporates radiators into a case body, with fins all over the back side panel and base and loads of copper tubing hidden within the case. Also a seperate top compartment noise proofed to house the pump and resivoir. The case could just wave a few pipes sticking out of the body to connect the system loop to. I would go with an industrial clean design of just pure mabey brushed or powder coated aluminium with a glass side panel and copper tubing. The benefits of this case would be large noise reduction from isolating pump noise and it could probably be passively cooled but I would like to incorporate some Noctua redux 12db fans just to give the internals and fins some airflow. The cooling would be badass. The aesthetic of a case with fins all over would be badass ECT... I will work on 3d modelling and rendering my idea over the week to clarify my ideas. Would appreciate any input on this and apologies for any grammatical errors in this post, or lack of clarity, its 3 in the morning and im on my phone. :)

I've seen other put reservoirs and some unique cases even have pre-installed fans and motor assemblies but this is different. 

if you could machine a fin array or install a large passive cooling block to dissipate the heat like alphacool's passive rads into an elegant case design that would be cool.

http://www.alphacool.com/index.php/cat/c67_Passive-Radiatoren.html

Have you considered the results of and recovery from component failure?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

What would be the closest case to what you were thinking of?

I dont think anything really resembles this :D

Have you considered the results of and recovery from component failure?

Yep, that's one of the issues I am designing the case around, also I will need to put anti biological chemicals in the loop because pipes would be hard to clear if there were blockages.

• 3 weeks later...