Found a $100 dollar keyboard at Goodwill

Torey

When going to Goodwill I have one thing in mind, electronics. I finally lucked out today when I found a CM Storm Trigger with red switches. I bought it for $4 dollars, took it home and started cleaning it because...  it needed it. 

Anyways here are the progress pics. (Sorry for the bad quality)

I still prefer my Noppoo Choc Mini, but I love red switches now. Definitely will be buying a mini mechanical with reds soon.

(Link to Pictures)

Oh, I forgot to mention that it works perfectly. The only thing even remotely wrong with it is the A and D keys are worn down. I guess the person was just too lazy to clean it.

Well you know they were a cat person :D

If you take a blowdryer and a butter knife to that sticker it will come off without leaving any residues :)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

wow!!!

who in the right mind to throw away a mech keyboard???

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I thought you meant there was a keyboard at Goodwill that costs $100. Nice find dude.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Clean it really well then use it like hell

(Rhyme not intended)

I should start going to these 2nd hand stores and flea markets more often...

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Well you know they were a cat person :D

If you take a blowdryer and a butter knife to that sticker it will come off without leaving any residues :)

I was lucky it actually came off very easily with no residue left.

The times when i found good stuff......

Found that for 7 bucks.

Nice find tho for a Mech KB....

Damn those are some sick scores.

Clean it really well then use it like hell

(Rhyme not intended)

Already did :), there's some progress pictures in the link. I will probably stick to my mini mechanical keyboard, but I will find a use for this one.

I really have to go to my local Goodwill.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Damn those are some sick scores.

Yep, some people are stupid to donate good stuff sometimes or the employees price the product incorrectly....

Never found a KB mech board here before..found a bunch of PC parts(P2/P3,775 Board, GPUs, RAM, ODDs, Fans, bunch of cables).

Why go to best buy to buy a DVI cable when you can go to Goodwill and find one cheap AF.

my friend found a 3rd gen core i5 in a pentium 4 box selling $20

god bless goodwill

Well, now I know where I'll be going this weekend.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Whenever I go to goodwill there's nothing but shit!  Watch, the holy grail will end up at goodwill, and the person becomes an overnight trillionair!!

Nice find man!

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

I've got limited edition wii u sky landers from an Australian equivalent...

Also resold n64 from another one.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

I get so jelly when I see these sorts of deals...

Congrats

Same man.. Like you can't even find stuff like that at value village or the Sally Anne.. (Canada)

Same man.. Like you can't even find stuff like that at value village or the Sally Anne.. (Canada)

The Goodwill's I have been to don't even stock electronics... All they have is old phones and kids toys and stuff.

System: Thinkpad T460

When going to Goodwill I have one thing in mind, electronics. I finally lucked out today when I found a CM Storm Trigger with red switches. I bought it for $4 dollars, took it home and started cleaning it because...  it needed it. 

Anyways here are the progress pics. (Sorry for the bad quality)

I still prefer my Noppoo Choc Mini, but I love red switches now. Definitely will be buying a mini mechanical with reds soon.

(Link to Pictures)

Oh, I forgot to mention that it works perfectly. The only thing even remotely wrong with it is the A and D keys are worn down. I guess the person was just too lazy to clean it.

If you ever buy a lottery ticket let me know so i can get the same numbers. ok?

joke aside, good for you man, and if u needed it, it makes sense that you found it at goodwill :P

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10