Playstation or Xbone?

Aytex

Ps4 remote. You can also use it wirelessly on your pc without the need for additional adapters (last time I checked you still need one for xbone remote)

I prefer the Xbox 360 controller. I've used all controllers from now till the N64 and the 360 controller beats them all IMO.

Just the way it curves and contours perfectly in my hands is perfect.

I'd go for any of the xBox controllers, even if it's just for the official driver support. IIRC, PS4 controllers require some kind of third party software, because it isn't officially supported.
Sure, it may work, but you won't get any support if it doesn't.

I had to choose a while back as well. I ultimately went for the Xbone controller and I couldn't be happier. Haven't had a single issue with games.

Here's the thread I made back then, If you want some extra opinions:
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/398217-need-help-choosing-a-controller/

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

Although I only own a PS4, I'd say the Xbox One controller is just as comfortable as the new Dualshock 4. 

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

xbox 360 is by far the best, the xbones controller is too spaced out. 

I don't have one because i'm not going to pay $400 for something that i'm going to use 3 times a month but Playstation 4 all the way. My PS3 is currently my Media PC across the house (direct gigabit Ethernet line from my computer to it).

CPU: Intel i7-8700k 5GHz @ 1.35v | Cooling: EK Predator 360 | MotherBoard: ASUS z370-E | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3200MHz (4 x 8GB) | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 TI OC

Case: Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra Modded side panel | SSD: Samsung 512gb 960 Pro | HDDS: 3TB Segate 7200rpm / 4TB HGST 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA G3 1000w | Display:ASUS VG248QE 24" / HP 25" 2511x / SAMSUNG 35" TV

Ex HDD: 3TB WD MyBook USB 3.0 | Keyboard: Rosewill MX Blue / Corsair K70 Red | Mouse: Logitech G602 | OS: Windows 10 64-bit Home Premium

It basically boils down to:

If you plan on playing shooters, go with Xbone

If you plan on playing RPGs or platformers, go with PS4