Is this the future now?

matto97

I have been using windows 10 for like 8 hours now and i love it.
Cleaning my room i can scream at Cortana and tell her to play any sorta music i want thats on my comp or what evs.
I was gaming earlier on with a friend on BF4 and we were having a disagreement and since i have my laptop always on next to me i just asked cortana and she told me without me having to even look away from my screen.

Like i know this is early days but in 8 hours i have already noticed how much it has changed how i use my computer.

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

I have been using windows 10 for like 8 hours now and i love it.

Cleaning my room i can scream at Cortana and tell her to play any sorta music i want thats on my comp or what evs.

I was gaming earlier on with a friend on BF4 and we were having a disagreement and since i have my laptop always on next to me i just asked cortana and she told me without me having to even look away from my screen.

Like i know this is early days but in 8 hours i have already noticed how much it has changed how i use my computer.

nice, i cant even get cortana working :( 

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

The future can't and will never be now. 

Also cortana still doesn't work for me. 

To get cortana to work (I live in Australia btw) you have to go in to your settings and make sure everything is set to USA or English(USA) restart then she will work for you.... Basicly Cortana is very racist xD

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

change region to US. worked for me

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

You literally got voice for cortana working? It won't do dittily-squat for me.

I hate how "Hey Xbox" was integrated into the 360 forever ago and never made it into 8.1. :/

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Yeah I love W10 as well, no problems whatsoever, and Cortana works like a charm, I tell her to remind me of stuff like when I'm playing she reminds me when to get the food out of the oven, and when I have to stop playing so that I have time to go to work, so I don't just loose track of time and miss the bus or anything like that!

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

The future can't and will never be now. 

Also cortana still doesn't work for me. 

I was going to post the same thing but if you read the OP it seems what he's asking is more "Is this how we'll be interacting with our computers in the future?" which is a valid question.

On topic: I haven't got W10 yet (Waiting for my wave still! :<) but with my set up I don't think I'd get much use out of it personally as I don't have a Mic connected to my computer. I have a headset with a mic but barely use it since I have speakers. Maybe this will be a reason for people to buy decent desk mics or something so they can use Cortana, it'll be interesting to see if that becomes the norm. 

Ho to enable so Cortana would always listen to you? I have top press mic icon.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

How can you set Cortana to activate by voice only? I have to use a hot-key or click to activate her at the moment.

What JuztBe​ said :D

Done it​, never mind!

CPU: AMD 7800X3D Motherboard: NZXT B650E RAM: 32GB 5600 30-CL Corsair Vengeance DDR5 GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 2070 PSU: Corsair RM850i Monitor: Samsung 27" 4K thing Cooling:Noctua Chromax Black NH-D15: Case: NZXT H510 Black

I was going to post the same thing but if you read the OP it seems what he's asking is more "Is this how we'll be interacting with our computers in the future?" which is a valid question.

On topic: I haven't got W10 yet (Waiting for my wave still! :<) but with my set up I don't think I'd get much use out of it personally as I don't have a Mic connected to my computer. I have a headset with a mic but barely use it since I have speakers. Maybe this will be a reason for people to buy decent desk mics or something so they can use Cortana, it'll be interesting to see if that becomes the norm. 

download windows 10 media creation tool, and do it it works without you needing a wave

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

That is quiet interesting. Would Windows 10 be compatible with a VPN network? I think its a good one than Windows 10. Its time to level up my computer. I hope it will work.

How can you set Cortana to activate by voice only? I have to use a hot-key or click to activate her at the moment.

What JuztBe​ said :D

Done it​, never mind!

Then share it with us. :P

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

I'm really looking forward to Cortana evolving and improving. Having a real-time, interactive voice assistant that you can use at any time would be enormously beneficial for productivity, and even for gaming. Just imagine playing a game on your primary screen and asking Cortana for help, with her either helping you via voice or by throwing up relevant stuff on another monitor.

A lot of possibility here.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Everything's cool; It's the future!

734f639b429fde6230bdadd0cedcba6b.512x287

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

I mostly use the headset but sometimes my mic is muted or im using my desktop speakers so what i did was just dig some old webcam out and made it my default audio device so cortana uses that and in skype ect set my headset as the default deice.... Nothings changed but cortana is always listening :D