Phanteks Enthoo Primo now available (updated)

Emperor_Piehead

Damn, now that sucks.

Really loving the case, but the aesthetics aren't too pleasing, plus I feel that the 900D has a more open feeling to it on the inside and is more mod friendly(from what I've seen).

But at $250 you really can't go wrong....

Well the thing is that it's suppose not be mod friendly because it has most of what modders would include. I personally really like the looks of this case and not the 900d. The open feel that the 900d  does show things that you may not want to see though like the drive cages. They actually only found 2 spots with rivets and that is the bay and the power supply isolater everything else is screws so in that sense it's mod friendly.

I imagine they could. take out 2-3 5.25 bays, take out a 1/3 or more of the 3.5bays, and cut out support for 4x120 rads to something like a 3x120.

It might be harder than you think it'll be. Due to the primo's special design (mobo area), the indentation part will have to stay. And the position of the psu also conpounds this issue. Therefore, the height of the psu and they mobo will cause a ' mid-tower ' version of the primo to be only slightly shorter.

It might be harder than you think it'll be. Due to the primo's special design (mobo area), the indentation part will have to stay. And the position of the psu also conpounds this issue. Therefore, the height of the psu and they mobo will cause a ' mid-tower ' version of the primo to be only slightly shorter.

It probably is. They could also make the power supply flat, but still have it isolated from the front side sort of like the psu cover the haf X has. they can shrink the motherboard area since it fits up to e-atx they could have the max of atx.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Yeah I read it. If they keep getting review samples in this will be a popular case.

If I ever have the money to make a better system anytime soon this diffidently looks like an awesome option, even if it is a bit pricy.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Yeah I read it. If they keep getting review samples in this will be a popular case.

If they keep sending out bloody review samples, have to wait longer for retail stock. :D

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

If they keep sending out bloody review samples, have to wait longer for retail stock. :D

if they keep sending review samples out they can get out all the kinks and problems out in newer revisions.  :D

I just don't understand why so many 5.25", if any at all - they even included their own fan controller solution (which I really like honestly), so you wouldn't even need one for that

and they gave options for internal reservoir mounting, so no real need for 5.25" res

would def buy a mid-tower version (hopefully they don't axe too many features/design) :)

I just don't understand why so many 5.25", if any at all - they even included their own fan controller solution (which I really like honestly), so you wouldn't even need one for that

and they gave options for internal reservoir mounting, so no real need for 5.25" res

would def buy a mid-tower version (hopefully they don't axe too many features/design) :)

I still use a dvd drive and some people may not want a tube res to have more space in the build it self.

I have emailed Phanteks requesting some detailed measurement information - need to verify if a wide res, like my Aqualis 450 at 80mm wide, will fit along with a GTX780 at 266mm. Will update with whatever they respond back with. If not, then this case may not be coming home. Seems weird that they would put all this design thought, but then that res mount by the motherboard seems to handicap the solution somewhat. Make the case an extra 1" longer and voila, all fixed :)

I have emailed Phanteks requesting some detailed measurement information - need to verify if a wide res, like my Aqualis 450 at 80mm wide, will fit along with a GTX780 at 266mm. Will update with whatever they respond back with. If not, then this case may not be coming home. Seems weird that they would put all this design thought, but then that res mount by the motherboard seems to handicap the solution somewhat. Make the case an extra 1" longer and voila, all fixed :)

They were trying to keep it smaller than 900d size, but if the drive cages were more modular I think it would have helped. One of the guys on the monstermawd review was saying that if he had this case he would mod it to put the res in the small window where the phanteks logo is.

Great case.It looks interesting, and you can apparently make a really clean build in it. But that gap between the 5.25'' bays and the lighted strip kinda reminds me of a Level 10 GT for some reason.

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

Great case.It looks interesting, and you can apparently make a really clean build in it. But that gap between the 5.25'' bays and the lighted strip kinda reminds me of a Level 10 GT for some reason.

A bunch of people say that. It isn't as gaudy since the front has a top layer of 1/16 anodized aluminum and it just looks nicer quality then the level 10.

A bunch of people say that. It isn't as gaudy since the front has a top layer of 1/16 anodized aluminum and it just looks nicer quality then the level 10.

Yeah, I know. The level 10 GT has that plastic look to it. It looks cheap.

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

Yeah, I know. The level 10 GT has that plastic look to it. It looks cheap.

Just about all thermaltake cases have that cheap plastic look

They were trying to keep it smaller than 900d size, but if the drive cages were more modular I think it would have helped. One of the guys on the monstermawd review was saying that if he had this case he would mod it to put the res in the small window where the phanteks logo is.

I was also thinking about that - cut that plate just below the screws/5.25 section and pull out the bottom half and mount my res in there. Have some back lighting... But, then I would also need to pull out all the drives bays and I have 3 x 3.5 drives in my build. And puts the other two purpose built mounting locations to no use.

I love the look of the case, I just hate that if I start modding it and it looks like crap, I am out a bunch of money and then might have to pay to get replacement parts back.

Will bear some thought. I hope TTL does a review of this, as he always go indept in the water cooling aspects of this.

Will bear some thought. I hope TTL does a review of this, as he always go indept in the water cooling aspects of this.

If TTL does a review of this and he likes then it will help them immensely. If he got one it might take him sometime since he is at that lan party and backed up on reviews.

Well, won't be getting one. I still have heard nothing back from Phanteks on some detailed dimension questions I had and needed to move on a gpu purchase, which based on everything I have seen, I would need to mod the case to get the card in, all my rads and show off my res. I already have a bunch of work into my Switch 810. If I could get the Primo and work with "as is", that would have been perfect - but not spending $250ish to have to mod a good chunk out of it. My Switch works great as is. Ordered a GTX 780 so going to be redoing the layout and loop in my Switch - fun fun.

Will keep my eye though - hopefully they take to heart what a lot of people have said about that middle res mount just not having quite enough clearance for high end GPU's and maybe length the case a bit in a new revision.

Well, won't be getting one. I still have heard nothing back from Phanteks on some detailed dimension questions I had and needed to move on a gpu purchase, which based on everything I have seen, I would need to mod the case to get the card in, all my rads and show off my res. I already have a bunch of work into my Switch 810. If I could get the Primo and work with "as is", that would have been perfect - but not spending $250ish to have to mod a good chunk out of it. My Switch works great as is. Ordered a GTX 780 so going to be redoing the layout and loop in my Switch - fun fun.

Will keep my eye though - hopefully they take to heart what a lot of people have said about that middle res mount just not having quite enough clearance for high end GPU's and maybe length the case a bit in a new revision.

The gtx titan with the plastic top off(4 screws) the wire cover fits and you can remove it all together. It's a close fit, but fits cards up to 270mm with the top part of the wire cover removed and if you want you could remove it all together(300mm of clearance and all screws). To see some info on it go to 14:00 on the monster mawd review.

• 1 month later...

My Enthoo came in yesterday. Finally! The long wait was worth it. This case is close to perfect.

My Enthoo came in yesterday. Finally! The long wait was worth it. This case is close to perfect.

Great! You should do a build log or review on it.

Looks like a Zalman case and a PS2 had a baby.

Looks like a Zalman case and a PS2 had a baby.

I always think of it like silverstone went and did majority of the aesthetics of the thermaltake level 10.