Phanteks Enthoo Primo now available (updated)

Emperor_Piehead

Phanteks first case to the market and what a good entrance it's looking to be.  :)

Case specifications

Expansion & Drive Bays

• Radiator brackets allow for easy installation (bottom and side).
  • Modular cable cover with pre-drilled holes for mounting reservoirs.
  • Rear reservoir mounting location.
  • Universal pump bracket with vibration dampening function.
    • Dimension: 250 mm x 650 mm x 600 mm (W x H x D)
    • Form Factor: Full tower
    • Material(s): Aluminum faceplates, Steel chassis
    • Motherboard support: ATX, EATX, mATX, SSI EEB
    • Front I/O: 2x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0, Mic, Headphone,
    • LED switch
    • Side window: Yes, split-window design
    • Expansion slots: 8
    • Power supply slots: 2
    • External 5.25": 5
    • Internal 3.5": 6 (2x 3HDD cages)
    • Internal 2.5": 12 (2x 3HDD cages + 2x doublestack SSD brackets*expandable to 3x)

post-5372-0-50580900-1376799053_thumb.jp

MonsterMawd now has a great review of the phanteks enthoo primo now showing off the fine details and it's modding and watercooling capabilities 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIpoC65bpX4

Techpowerup has a review and shows how much space you have with a large air cooler if you don't watercool http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Phanteks/Enthoo_Primo/

anandtech also has a review of the phanteks enthoo primo, but not as detailed. http://www.anandtech.com/show/7212/phanteks-enthoo-primo-case-review

The case is a little smaller than the 900d and comes in at an attractive price point of $250

I personally really love the look of this case, it's like a classy thermaltake level 10 GT. For a first time they seem to have really thought the case out well. What do you think about the case and some of the features it has?

Source- http://www.techpowerup.com/188235/phanteks-enthoo-atx-full-tower-chassis-now-available.html

Now this is a case I want to get my hands on. The water cooling capabilities look amazing - super clean. And, it looks like their pre-drilled res mounts support the AquaComputer res units.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Now this is a case I want to get my hands on. The water cooling capabilities look amazing - super clean. And, it looks like their pre-drilled res mounts support the AquaComputer res units.

I find the 11 fan hub to be a feature these cases should have and the noise dampening pump mount to be a nice touch.

I find the 11 fan hub to be a feature these cases should have and the noise dampening pump mount to be a nice touch.

And not only a fan hub, but a PWN capable fan hub - that's impressive.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

It looks nice. If I didn't already have a 900D, I might have considered this one.

It looks nice. If I didn't already have a 900D, I might have considered this one.

It is a little late to the market the people who this would have attracted have mostly gone for the 900d by now.

It is a little late to the market the people who this would have attracted have mostly gone for the 900d by now.

True. What is also funny is that the 900D was massively delayed. People will still buy this case and make some monster builds though.

I really like the bay cover it looks sleek and clean but it makes the case look a little claustrophobic if you know what I mean 

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

I really like the bay cover it looks sleek and clean but it makes the case look a little claustrophobic if you know what I mean 

I know what you mean, but who wants to look at the hard drive bays?

I know what you mean, same with the PSU area, I kinda like that...

TBH I would prefer a case with no hard drive bay at all or a removable one though. Take a look at the Caselabs Merlin, it looks huge on the inside.

Here are some of the videos from their YouTube site - I would seriously consider dumping my Switch 810 in favor of this...

Preview:

Overview:

Water Cooling:

Functionality:

I would seriously consider dumping my Switch 810 in favor of this...

I don't see why not if you really want to, the price will probably be close to $300 US. I also thought of another way it looks to me; If silverstone made an all aluminum version of the 900d that was aesthetically cleaned up by fractal design.

Well damn, this is a really nice looking case. Now it needs to come in white.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Well it looks like the aluminum is brushed and I've never seen a white brushed aluminum case so sadly it probably won't be in white.

Well it looks like the aluminum is brushed and I've never seen a white brushed aluminum case so sadly it probably won't be in white.

Yes - this is definitely not a "white" case option. The black and brushed aluminum will definitely look good, esp if you do something really sharp with the interior...

Well boo. lol.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

• 2 weeks later...

For Phanteks first case I say they really came out with a bang. It's a very elegant design in many ways and "In your face" in other parts too, and for the price ($250 US) This has a lot of value for the custom loops guys. I can't wait to see the kinds of systems people are going to put in this case.

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

I'd like to see a mid tower soon

I imagine they could. take out 2-3 5.25 bays, take out a 1/3 or more of the 3.5bays, and cut out support for 4x120 rads to something like a 3x120.

I don't have time currently to watch all 48 minutes of that review, but are you able to remove the optical drive bays at all?

I like to have 2-3 optical bays, but 5 is way to much for my liking.

I don't have time currently to watch all 48 minutes of that review, but are you able to remove the optical drive bays at all?

I like to have 2-3 optical bays, but 5 is way to much for my liking.

Not easily you can remove the side of the bays facing the window, but the bottom tray is riveted in and screwed in.

edit- If you go to 29:30 is when they talk about the drive bays.

Not easily you can remove the side of the bays facing the window, but the bottom tray is riveted in and screwed in.

Damn, now that sucks.

Really loving the case, but the aesthetics aren't too pleasing, plus I feel that the 900D has a more open feeling to it on the inside and is more mod friendly(from what I've seen).

But at $250 you really can't go wrong....