Download Window 10 ISO and do fresh install instead of "free" upgrade path.

Arct1c0n
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

WARNINGS

• If you use this tool to force a Windows 10 install. You are asking for trouble. Microsoft is blocking systems that aren't Windows 10 ready yet, due to driver issues. Your copy that you reserved is there, and probably already downloaded on your system. The "Get Windows 10" app, will tell that that Microsoft is validating your device. Forcing the install (which you can do via a command line, no need of the above tool), will result with a system that works and all, but lots of bugs related to drivers. Sleep issue, Wake-up issues, fast boot not working, graphical glitches, multiple monitor problem, etc. The reason for the hold is that Microsoft is trying to avoid a Vista-effect, where people upgraded their system, but due to the lack of quality and optimized drivers they got poor performance, and experienced lots of bugs and BSODs.

• Use the tool mentioned, without having prior upgrading your system, you will not be able to activate Windows 10. You need to upgrade the system to Windows 10 FIRST.

• If you have Windows 10 Insider Preview, and it is fully updated (See Windows Updates), then you have the same build as the official release already. Build 10240 is the final build of Windows.

This doesnt work. Currently the problem is like this either MS sucks(most likely) and you cant do clean installs with free upgrades or their activation processes and servers suck balls.

I already activated my Win10 after upgrade and went for a clean install iso from that website and it doesnt activate its just blocked.

I dont think that tool works with win7/8 keys and plus its not even askign for one it just does the upgrade.

Anyway theres too much bloatware on win10,if you dont care then go upgrade but i wouldnt, just going to test it for 2-3 days then back to 8.1, it already left me a sour taste and its half broken trying to set it up how i like lel, thankfully with the assist of startisback ++ i might get this thing usable.

people are trying workarounds because stuff is happening and MS isn't giving any details on why

right now MS is prepping for a celebration while W10 is only technically released, in practice ..... you're better off directly buying a W10 licence

they already said it will slowly roll out to the people that signed up throughout the next month, how hard is it to just wait for you pc to update? people are causing the confusion not microsoft. they gave out SUPER simple instructions, sign up and wait.

This doesnt work. Currently the problem is like this either MS sucks(most likely) and you cant do clean installs with free upgrades or their activation processes and servers suck balls.

I already activated my Win10 after upgrade and went for a clean install iso from that website and it doesnt activate its just blocked.

I dont think that tool works with win7/8 keys and plus its not even askign for one it just does the upgrade.

Anyway theres too much bloatware on win10,if you dont care then go upgrade but i wouldnt, just going to test it for 2-3 days then back to 8.1, it already left me a sour taste and its half broken trying to set it up how i like lel, thankfully with the assist of startisback ++ i might get this thing usable.

did you link you win 8/10 upgrade to your microsoft account, now windows license are handled by your account.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

they already said it will slowly roll out to the people that signed up throughout the next month, how hard is it to just wait for you pc to update? people are causing the confusion not microsoft. they gave out SUPER simple instructions, sign up and wait.

the icon in the taskbar vanished and I couldn't find answers on MS' forums, only found a whole lot of other people with same situation.

we're tech people, if something doesn't work, we find ways to make it work

if it fails, continuously, we kill it ... with fire  ^_^

So basically you upgraded win 8.1/7 when logged in with microsoft account and got an activated windows 10.. you downloaded windows 10 ISO tried a clean install, and it is not activated even after loggging in with microasoft account. I was going to do that..It is bad..Did you try windows 10 key extracted from the activated one?

So basically you upgraded win 8.1/7 when logged in with microsoft account and got an activated windows 10.. you downloaded windows 10 ISO tried a clean install, and it is not activated even after loggging in with microasoft account. I was going to do that..It is bad..Did you try windows 10 key extracted from the activated one?

Yes i did try the key but its the same generic key everyone gets for pro for example VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T if u have pro and upgrade you get that.

After clean install same key says its blocked you cant activate.

They did say very clear its going to be possible to do a clean instal after upgrade because they are going to use machine ID to identify upgraded PC's but nope it doesnt work, and as far i read some tenforums and reddit others cant either.

Its either MS lied or their servers/activation process doesnt work, i suggest you upgrade+activate and stay there.

If you want somewhat clean just select dont keep anything when you upgrade.

Also dont do a reset, win10 is full with crapware apps like tons of MB i found, i did a windows reset and i selected to remove everything, after reset all i had is edge no more cortana or any silly apps which is great but now im having some trouble activate, im not getting key blocked but the try again error.

Best way is to just upgrade and stay there, i wont cause i dont like default experience with tons of crap so i broke windows/reset etc i need a clean iso thing, also going to use one of those tools to remove from the iso all the apps and nonesense so i can do a super clean install just like my win8 iso.

I hope they fix it soon, else this is a mess without USb boot install i might aswell just stay on win8, cause i would have to reinstall 8 then upgrade to 10 everytime i want to reinstall because it wont activate and i can tell im going to break 10 many times.

What if i upgrade now to w10 and then i change pc ? What key would i have to use ?

Intel3570k  at  4.5ghz 1.300v  Noctua NH-D14    Gigabyte Gtx 970 G1   AsrockZ77 Extreme 6/TB4     Corsair8Gb vengeance memory    120GB Corsair Force SSD     1TB WD black      NZXT Switch 810

So what about windows insiders. i have the final insiders release 10240 says active no expiration date. Can i re install with iso or will i loose my activation. Right now it doesnt say im.in insider where i update.

Download the tool, select which version of Windows you want. The tool downloads it for you and either downloads in ISO format or straight to a USB (your choice) then upon install you can input your microsoft account as your main user and it'll activate automatically.

You don't need to input any "legit" key anywhere, you can go about installing windows as normal. Its only right at the end when it asks for you to enter a product key - EDIT If you haven't got a Windows Insider Account.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15