Your opinion - Shine 3 vs Ryos Pro

LogicalDrm

So mechanical keyboards. Assembly deals and pretty much lowest prices mechs will be in this country ever.

Ducky Shine 3 TKL or Roccat Ryos Pro TKL

Both are sold at same price point of 100€. Both are using Cherry MX Browns which is the switch I like most. Both are TKL (also what I want). Both have backlight that can be turned completely off.

Other than those I don't know which to pick. I'm Roccat fanboy and like their software. But my current and most likely future use is less gaming oriented so I don't need macros and configurability that much. I'm also bit hesitant to pick Ducky because I'd have to get wrist rest separetly. But then again, I would really like separed wrist rest and compact design.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Well I can only comment on a Ducky since I have one and I would go for it again if I had to get a new keyboard. Built like a brick, simple and good looking. I have MX Browns too btw.

Ducky for fantastic build quality and general awesomeness ;)

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Ducky for white LEDs :) I hope I can test both before buying. And if happens that I don't like my purchase, 14 days free return policy sure makes it worth while. Plus I can sell it and break even because of sale pricing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Ducky for white LEDs :) I hope I can test both before buying. And if happens that I don't like my purchase, 14 days free return policy sure makes it worth while. Plus I can sell it and break even because of sale pricing.

Pretty much (although I doubt you would need the return policy)!

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Pretty much (although I doubt you would need the return policy)!

Hope so. Need to get that wrist rest asap though. Do you have Duckies own wrist rest and if so, is it good?

E: The last part to everyone.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Hope so. Need to get that wrist rest asap though. Do you have Duckies own wrist rest and if so, is it good?

Nope, but it looks pretty good to me!

Formerly TheFlurryGames

Just go with what you think looks good. Ducky does have a very good reputation, but they're both Cherry MX keyboards, so they should be solid.

I voted for the Ducky, because I have one myself, and it's my type of look. I'm not into the 'gamer' look for my keyboards, but that's just me.

Also, if you end up with the Ducky, white backlighting is the way to go imo :)

I personally don't like wrist rests so I can't help you :/ Let me know how you like the Ducky when you get it, I doubt you'll regret the purchase :) The only con I have with it is that there are no rubber pads on the stand up feet so the keyboard might slide around depending on your desk surface and if you use the stand up feet. I personally find that when you push the front of the keyboard down the front rubber pads will stick a bit better and the keyboard shouldn't move.

So little update to this. I did get the Ducky with MX Browns. And have to say two things after 3 days of usage. MX Browns are lot louder than they seem when you test at convention/fair environment. Or in store. I might need to get some dampening cloth under keyboard. And man do I love how light and easy typing is with this. Bonus: I need to keep LEDs on at home too because the prints are translucent....

E: Oh and about that wrist rest. I'm looking which would be cheaper, getting one from MaxKeyboards for $15+shipping or from Ducky's from local shop for €35.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv