The Fear of Not Being

Jack.EXE

My best friend is losing sleep. She is kept up at night, worrying about the concept of death, that it means that it's her end. That it means that she cant remember those that remember her.

She's scared of not being.

Can you guys offer any wisdom? I hate seeing her like this, I want to help.

I would recommend a therapist or talk to a parent.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Born just to die that's the human curse.

System: Thinkpad T460

Tell her to stop worrying about it because could spend that time living.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Yeah get her to talk to a therapist about it.

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

Is she a hypochondriac? Therapy would be wise.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

how old is she? id say therapy and or councieling.

askdjfasdf

My best friend is losing sleep. She is kept up at night, worrying about the concept of death, that it means that it's her end. That it means that she cant remember those that remember her.

I got therapy when I was younger. She should do the same. I never got help from any of the medications if that matters to you at all. Talking to people about things not related to depression helps out a lot :)

Best of luck to you and her.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

is she afraid of 1708 or 2208 because shes not there then and they were fine and will be im sure in 2208. Death happens to us all nothing to fear by the time you are 80ish you seen a lot of your friends go and some point its time to follow them.

"Death is nothing to us, since when we exist, death does not exist, and when there is death, we no longer exist"                                                                                                                                                                                       - Epicurus

In other words worrying about things that you can't change is pointless, especially when it comes to what happens after death which no one will consciously experience.

In all reality she is probably better off talking to someone like a therapist if it's that serious.

how old is she? id say therapy and or councieling.

The thing is, she came to me with this, I dont want to let her down

I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.

- Mark Twain

The nature of life, is that it's finite. Both in the past and in the future. 

Tell your friend, that worrying about not wxisting in the future makes about as much sense as worrying about not existing in the past. 

You could also tell her, that if she keeps worrying like she do, then she will miss out on life. 

The people around will not know the difference between her existing and her not existing. 

However, I would recommend, you to recommend her, to go see a therapist. They know much better what to say.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

th ebest thing you as her friend can do is be there for her and try and get her into a councieler so she can work out her fears it honestly sounds like a type of anxiety issue maybe have her cut down on caffeine i dont really recomend throwing pills at anxiety issues for the reasoning that a lot of anti anxities have addictive qualities (this is coming from my oldest brother who is finishing med school for his doctorate) councieling would be the best option for her.

askdjfasdf

Update: She says I really helped her.

Tonight, I didnt have to coax her to sleep!

Progress!

Oh my , I have never seen this before ... Corrupted by the fear and questioning Death ... That's really interesting ... 

You should seek a therapist , in the mean time , I'll tag @

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Console her in the fact that no matter her thought, she's going to die anyways and should just ignore the end result, but rather focus on the journey there.

Tell her for the preparation of life after death. it looks bit religious but this is the only solution.

If you wait all your life to fear death, you never live.   Everything is about the journey and the experience to the end, and the impact you make on the world around you.  If there is no god, then you won't remember or feel a thing.  It's a bittersweet end, but it'll be as if you never lived in the first place.  Not a white empty space of silence, or a black space of no noise.  Just nothing.  No pain, no doubt, no beginning or end.  Except for the age old particles, and energy that made up your form and is now likely attaching to other living things.  The point of our human condition is to own up to our fears, and our limitations and crush them beneath us as best we can to achieve in ourselves our true state of life.  

There's no point in fearing what you cannot feel.  Only in fearing that you've done no good for those around you before you go.

I have a problem were I worry about the fact that after we die it just keeps going it never ends its the whole eternity part that gets me but I hardly thing about it and when I do I try my best to thing of other things