What Graphics cards are out there that are less then 4ins in height?

Go to solution Solved by 79 Potatoes,

i want to use it to play games in 1080p smoothly.

one more question, I have a PSU that goes up to 220. Right now it is on 150, will this GPU work properly with the PSU I have now and if not what upgrade can I get that will fit my case?

It's enough. CPUs with HD 4600 iirc are top end i3 (like 4370), i5s and i7s, so you're atm taking 80 W max at full load, this GPU should draw something around 50 W or less at full load.

It's enough. CPUs with HD 4600 iirc are top end i3 (like 4370), i5s and i7s, so you're atm taking 80 W max at full load, this GPU should draw something around 50 W or less at full load.

I have a i5-4460s 2.90GHz

You don't need a psu for a 750 ti and his current psu can handle the adapter. It is also useful for laptops which surprise many of us have

Ehh... the eGPU device needs a PSU to power itself and the GPU, if you attempt to plug it just in the mPCIe with nothing else you'll burn the slot with risk of killing the MB, CPU and PSU

This is a signature.

You don't need a psu for a 750 ti and his current psu can handle the adapter. It is also useful for laptops which surprise many of us have

How would I even go about installing it on a desktop? All I saw where parts for laptops and laptop installation

I have a i5-4460s 2.90GHz

Then it takes a bit lower power than a normal i5, say around 60-70 W max full load with one HDD, then sum 50 W for a GT 740, so it'd be about 110-120 W total

How would I even go about installing it on a desktop? All I saw where parts for laptops and laptop installation

Via mPCIe slot, though as mentioned before: you're limited to PCIe x1, you'll need to keep the case opened and if you've a wireless card plugged in there, you'll have to remove it, not to mention that with the cost of it you can upgrade your PC to fit a full sized PSU...

This is a signature.

Then it takes a bit lower power than a normal i5, say around 60-70 W max full load with one HDD, then sum 50 W for a GT 740, so it'd be about 110-120 W total

I have a  1TB HDD that came with the PC, and getting the GPU that you found makes more sense to get money wise then the other option, I was just curious of how it would work on a desktop

I have a  1TB HDD that came with the PC, and getting the GPU that you found makes more sense to get money wise then the other option, I was just curious of how it would work on a desktop

Np, and if you can save more, you can get a mATX case and PSU to put a even better GPU.

You know, you've a good CPU, it'd not bottleneck higher end GPUs.

This is a signature.

Np, and if you can save more, you can get a mATX case and PSU to put a even better GPU.

You know, you've a good CPU, it'd not bottleneck higher end GPUs.

I like the case I have now, I will do that in the future when I really need to upgrade. For now I should be good for a couple more years. Thank you for all your help

What do you mean bottleneck higher end GPUs? I think I'm lost in translation.  

I like the case I have now, I will do that in the future when I really need to upgrade. For now I should be good for a couple more years. Thank you for all your help

What do you mean bottleneck higher end GPUs? I think I'm lost in translation.  

I said that it will not bottleneck high end PSUs

A bottleneck is a slowdown in data transfer due to a insufficient bus or other factors causing lower speeds, framerate, etc..., as it was dropping water through a bottle neck :P

This is a signature.

I said that it will not bottleneck high end PSUs

A bottleneck is a slowdown in data transfer due to a insufficient bus or other factors causing lower speeds, framerate, etc..., as it was dropping water through a bottle neck :P

Ooooh now I get it, :3

Does newegg.com ship to Mexico? Or will I have to get it through amazon or another website?

Ooooh now I get it, :3

Does newegg.com ship to Mexico? Or will I have to get it through amazon or another website?

IDK, I'm from Spain  :wacko:

This is a signature.