New pc not posting or displaying anything

I just built a pc and on first boot it is not displaying anything. I have made sure everything is connected and have visited several forums and had had no luck in solving the problem. 

My motherboard is an MSI Z97 Gaming 5

I just built a pc and on first boot it is not displaying anything. I have made sure everything is connected and have visited several forums and had had no luck in solving the problem. 

Any error codes on the motherboard?

Any error codes on the motherboard?

No it just shows the number 40 and sometimes goes to 39. I can't find that code in the manual

Check your CPU pin is in above the CPU and it's plugged in. I amde this mistake at one point. Then if that's in, check every other cable. If it still doesnt then remove all RAM and check that you have it correctly inserted in the correct slots. Refer to your motherboard hand guide as each board is different and tells you to install it in different way. Quad channel is usually 1, 3, 5, 7 (I think)

Professional Graphics Designer | Case: NZXT Phantom Orange and Black | Motherboard: MSI SLI PLUS X99S

CPU: Intel i7 5820K | Graphics Card: Zotac nVidia 1080 AMP!

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Western Digital Black 3TB & Western Digital Red 3TB | 

Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HU 27", Acer Predator XB270HAbprz 27" and BenQ GL240 24" | PSU: Corsair AX860i |

Check your CPU pin is in above the CPU and it's plugged in. I amde this mistake at one point. Then if that's in, check every other cable. If it still doesnt then remove all RAM and check that you have it correctly inserted in the correct slots. Refer to your motherboard hand guide as each board is different and tells you to install it in different way. Quad channel is usually 1, 3, 5, 7 (I think)

There is no quad channel in a z97 board.

All pins are in and I've tried moving the ram cards around. Right now they're in DIMM 2 and 4 like the manual says

I've also tried removing one of the ram cards

Remove all ram and see if something else happens.

Tried that. Gave an E0 code and restarted after a few seconds

try to post with one ram module at a time there might be a faulty module 

I will try that again...

No luck. first a D7 code. Then plugged in a keyboard, No code. No display