weight loss/loose skin

chimmychunger

ok so i just turned 17 and decided it was time to get in shape.

i am 5'11 108KG or 240 pounds

i was wondering if i loose the weight will i have loose skin, coz i dont know about you guys but id rather not have excess skin.

thanks for any help guys, oh and any tips for losing weight would be much appreciated :D

If you loose it gradually (especially considering you're young) the most you'll have to worry about is stretch marks.

The key is DO NOT make this HUGE change all at once.  Make gradual changes.  Start by setting out a monthly goal and just focus on that single goal.  For example, this month just say you're going to substitute each soda you drink with a glass of water.  Then next month you can do something like "I'm going to have a banana each day for lunch instead of a Little Debbie cake."

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

You might have stretch marks, like me. But honestly you'll be fine, just start with diet and exercise, big tip: cut out any/all sugar in your diet (i.e. soda pop, candy, processed sugar, (crap)).

If you loose it gradually (especially considering you're young) the most you'll have to worry about is stretch marks.

You might have stretch marks, like me. But honestly you'll be fine, just start with diet and exercise, big tip: cut out any/all sugar in your diet (i.e. soda pop, candy, processed sugar, (crap)).

i can deal with stretch marks :D

If you lose weight very fast yes. Same if you have fresh stretch marks.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Go down slowly, no need to rush.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

i was wondering if i loose the weight will i have loose skin, coz i dont know about you guys but id rather not have excess skin.

thanks for any help guys, oh and any tips for losing weight would be much appreciated :D

I lost 75 pounds with no loose skin, when I was 18( I even kept it off, I am 21 now). When your young if you work it out, your skin will tighten back up. Stretch marks may happen, but for me not to bad. 

I've got stretch marks but that's mainly from growing taller too fast. Things you need to consider:

-Cut out all proccessed foods- AIO meals xD sugards from snack bars, chips and sugary drinks. If you really want a drink like Coke, then Zero or Diet helps.

-Excersice at least 2 times a week for 30 minutes a day- it is not much.

-Try walking or cycling to places instead of taking the bus.

-Don't starve yourself, your body will stop losing fat if it sees a terrible calorie intake. I'd say 2000 calories a day for you to lose weight.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Another quick point, it takes about 2 weeks for your body to adapt to a change and notice its value.  So switching from Soda to water you're going to notice a loss of energy in those first few days.  But after about 2-3 weeks you're going to feel much better than you have before.

I use the soda example because it is my biggest enemy.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

It really depends, I too lost about 25kg in about 3 months and have stretch marks all over my body, but so far I haven't experienced loose skin. 

It's important that you slowly loose the weight, possibly even starting light weight lifting, so you're basically "replace" your fat with muscle, which should help with it. 

Also, make sure to moisturise your skin as often as possible!

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Stupid question - how can you gain stretch marks, when loosing weight? I thought they appear when gaining weight too fast

I used to be almost 400 lbs and the one thing I can tell you is this, focus on losing fat not weight. People often get the two confused. People try all sorts of terrible diets to push themselves to see the scale drop as fast as possible. I lost and am still losing my fat by working out. Given my size I lose a lot of weight altogether but I have never focused on weight loss as a result of what I do. I acknowledge and accept that my biking and weight lifting are going to make me gain weight via muscles and I never starve that growth because eventually the muscles just start burning through fat faster and faster.

In short diet and exercise to lose fat not weight. Dont starve the growth process of your muscles because they will ultimately burn your fat away. 

Thats just my experience anyway. 

P.S. If you find that what you do puts a lot of stress on your body try swimming or cycling as these have a much lower impact on joints and stuff while still being a great cardio workout.

Stupid question - how can you gain stretch marks, when loosing weight? I thought they appear when gaining weight too fast

They are far more noticeable when you lose weight. Its not so much that you get them its that you see them.

for loose skin I don't believe you will have any factoring in your weight and height but you will have stretch marks I wear mine with pride they are a badge of honor of how far I've gone.

X2TkoNj.jpg

as for strategies. cut out all sugars. and switch to tea/coffee for drinks and avoid drinking your calories 100% eat your calories don't drink them.

I'm a fan of intermittent fasting and the starch solution method but you choose your own path.

this podcast is a great one he brings in a lot of different guests with differing philosophies on weight loss-exercise but sadly its very paleo diet centric

people like to demonize fasting but it really isn't something to be afraid of its now over a year since my rapid loss and still no signs of the Yo-Yo'ing like Oprah Winfrey or Kristie Allie. I've dropped from size 36 moving onto 38 jeans to a steady size 29-30 jean.

edit: forgot to link the podcast  http://fatburningman.com/tag/podcast/

It's not the same for everyone, but it's better a bit of loose skin that all the problem that overweight/obesity may (and will) cause.

I lost a lot of weight (relatively fast) my skin is not as stretched as it should be but it's not really noticeable and that's probably more related to the stretchmarks than the fast weight loss itself.

So in the end we can't say anything for certain.

The thing that you have got to remember is that life is far too short to be worrying about such things as stretch marks and loose skin. Just wait until you have kids... Get healthy and happy with yourself, that's what is important.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.