nVidia plz!

LieutenantLime

For those of you who think this is about GPUs, eager to correct me on where to create this thread: welcome!

This is about the nVidia Shield tablet, and my insatiable desire for a 2nd gen device. I'm noticing that the current tablet is going out of stock in many places, and it is coming up to the 1st anniversary of the tablet's release. This could mean...

1) The tablet lineup from nVidia is dying

2) nVidia is preparing for a refresh

I desperately hope that it is the latter. The current device is capable still, but admittedly seems to have had some software issues from time to time. (I won't get into it in the OP, just Google it.) I am starting school and competetive marching band (I know, I know), thus, I am looking for a good media consumption and productivity tool for school and competition trips.

Basically, the hope is that nVidia delivers on my want for a more modern iteration on an amazing device concept. I also have an nVidia GPU. (Upgrading to a 970 eventually too!) This means I could take advantage of the entire suite of GameStream tools and stuff.

By all means, discuss! I hope my thread was sufficiently intelligent to garner amazing debate. Does the nVidia Shield tablet 2 have a place in the market?

TL;DR: I want Shield tablet 2, plz

Same i was impressed with the 1st but i want one with more power.

All I want is another shield portable device, I would buy one in a heartbeat. I need a new GPU first tho, I need to get my "priorities" in check... 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I mean, idk much about it being a mobile processor, per se, but nVidia released the X1 found in the Shield console, if that's kinda what you're asking.

Edit: I would be cool with any new portable Shield device too. I just have the most need for the tablet.

I mean, idk much about it being a mobile processor, per se, but nVidia released the X1 found in the Shield console, if that's kinda what you're asking.

Edit: I would be cool with any new portable Shield device too. I just have the most need for the tablet.

the x1 processor wont work because it consumes too much power

the x1 processor wont work because it consumes too much power

Could they probably release a downclocked version of the X1 (X0.5 anyone?)