120hz 39"in 4k TV for 650 Dollars @ Tiger Direct!

AraSarkisyan

Apparently the last Seiki TV wasn't that great so I wouldn't get my hopes up over this. But hopefully this will make other people like Asus lower their prices.

There is already a topic about this,

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/29406-seiki-announces-39-4k-tv-for-700/

but it only does 120hz at 1080p, so its kind of pointless. Also the colors and contrast on those Seiki televisions are horrible. 

Really no point in looking 4k until we have Display Port / HDMI 2.0 on the device. 

The Seiki TV's are pretty terrible

Seiki TVs are god awful, but they certainly help push the market prices down, so kudos to them.

TAKE MY MONEY

You mean waste my money? You will get 30 Hz @ 4K with crap colors and even worse contrast ratio, no thanks.

Seiki TVs are god awful, but they certainly help push the market prices down, so kudos to them.

Hopefully this is true, it doesn't seem to be working out too well for the 1440p monitor market ATM, look how long Catleaps have been around and all they have been doing is going up in price. :'( 

considering 1440p/1600p monitors are this price I hope it helps lower prices :/

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

It's only got hdmi inputs. I wasn't aware that hdmi was capable of 4k resolutions. Don't you have to have a displayport input to get 4k quality?

“Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.”    -Henry Ford

Please do BOINC. no matter how small a contribution it can make a difference. 

It's only got hdmi inputs. I wasn't aware that hdmi was capable of 4k resolutions. Don't you have to have a displayport input to get 4k quality?

Hdmi can go to 4k the issue is not the resolution but the refresh rate, only gets up to 30hz which is like 30 frames; fine for movies and shows but terribad for gaming.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

I used to really want a Seiki monitor/tv, but then the reviews started pouring in. Now, the only thing I really like about them is that they offer pricing competition to other companies.

Hdmi can go to 4k the issue is not the resolution but the refresh rate, only gets up to 30hz which is like 30 frames; fine for movies and shows but terribad for gaming.

oic. 30 hertz, that would a deal breaker for me. id much rather have a 1440p with 60hertz at least. Not that i could afford this anyway. :P

“Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.”    -Henry Ford

Please do BOINC. no matter how small a contribution it can make a difference. 

HDMI is what's holding display tech back. Display port is much better but the only problem is that it's not used on tv's. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Probably going to wait for a cheap 4k tv that can produce at least 60hz before buying.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I'm just waiting for a 27" 4K TV that I can overclock. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I'm just waiting for a 27" 4K TV that I can overclock. 

Waiting on the cheap korean ones on eBay!

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Yea pretty much however I don't know when those Korean vendors will actually have 4K displays for mega cheap.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard