Windows 10 Hype!

Bangflop

Is anyone out there going to upgrade to the full version of windows 10 in three days when it releases for the insider's and people who reserved?

CPU: i7-8700K I CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: ROG Strix 1080 Ti MoBo: ROG Strix Z370-E RAM:  G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)   PSU: CORSAIR HXi Series HX1000i Case: Corsair Air 540 Display: 24" 1920X1080p 144Hz ASUS - 27" 2560X1440p 144Hz Dell OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Is anyone out there going to upgrade to the full version of windows 10 in three days when it releases for the insider's and people who reserved?

No, I'm going to downgrade to Windows 95, cause it has a higher number.

No shit this is a tech forum

That doesn't mean everyone has the same point of view and is going to get it as soon as possible. :P

CPU: i7-8700K I CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: ROG Strix 1080 Ti MoBo: ROG Strix Z370-E RAM:  G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)   PSU: CORSAIR HXi Series HX1000i Case: Corsair Air 540 Display: 24" 1920X1080p 144Hz ASUS - 27" 2560X1440p 144Hz Dell OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Not until they fix mandatory driver updates. I heard there are issues with multi-monitor systems, systems that run GeForce experience and SLI systems, all three of which are applicable to my system.

I mean, auto updates are fine, but if your stupid update system tries to install 2 drivers because you run an SLI setup...

IF they do fix that, I'll install the update, but if they don't, I'd still like to use my system if they don't mind.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

I got the technical preview on my laptop, and from what I can see there isn't anything radical that makes me want to upgrade, but does seem a lot more polished and less bipolar (random parts of windows 8 being metro)

not a fan of the auto updates though... probably won make a difference because I have not had issues with windows updates yet, but Just like having the control. maybe have it default to automatically update, but give the option to select what to update...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

I plan to upgrade on the 29th on my personal laptop as its fine if its a bit unstable and stuff breaks, I have a work laptop for any serious business. I wont upgrade my Desktop till I know its fine and stable.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Nope. You can have fun with all the bugs and I'll upgrade 6 months from now when they're all fixed.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

I WANT TO FORMAT.. BUT ... THE THING IS, FUNNY TOO READ PLZ:

I got a Windows 8 disc yeah? now I format. attempt to look for updates, after 30 minutes Windows Update comes up with 113 updates available. I attempt to download the Win8.1 update, wait 3 hours for it to tell me it failed to install, and attempt again. get the update, restart my PC. Go to the store, update to Windows 8.1, fail 10 times, succeed the 11th time. Install the update till 80 percent. Stops at 80 percent and never moves again ... "FAILED" Message afterwards. after that get the Windows 8.1 .. wait for it to load up after 2 hours.

Yeah? the fun doesn't stop there. if I do this when WIndows 10 comes out.. it'll TAKE ME 21 HOURS TO GET WINDOWS 10 WORKING............

So... in conclusion? HELL YEAH IM HYPED.. BUT MAN.. LOOOOL

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

I'm upgrading on my Tablet, I tried the technical preview on it and it was worlds better than Windows 8.1 for touchscreen uses. (especially for the virtual keyboard, ugh, hated having to press the keyboard button every time I wanted to type something, not to mention that it would more often than not, cover the area where I wanted to write..)

On my desktop, I will also be upgrading, see how well I like it with a mouse and keyboard and possibly stick with it, otherwise I can always revert back to windows 7 easily.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Yeah, I'm trying to get every computer in the house to Windows 10 (idk why) but on my parents' computer the reserve icon doesn't show :(

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Yeah, I'm trying to get every computer in the house to Windows 10 (idk why) but on my parents' computer the reserve icon doesn't show :(

Go into control panel and install all of the updates, then it will show up

Go into control panel and install all of the updates, then it will show up

The computer is up to date.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Not until they fix mandatory driver updates. I heard there are issues with multi-monitor systems, systems that run GeForce experience and SLI systems, all three of which are applicable to my system.

I mean, auto updates are fine, but if your stupid update system tries to install 2 drivers because you run an SLI setup...

IF they do fix that, I'll install the update, but if they don't, I'd still like to use my system if they don't mind.

I'm not sure if there are any SLI issues but I'm running the latest insider preview with multi-monitors (3 connected to my GTX 760) and with GeForce Experience installed and it works perfect for me (Better than Windows 8/8.1 ever did).

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

I will, but on a separate drive. I will not upgrade my Win7 Pro until I am absolutely sure I like Win10 and that it works. I just reinstalled the Preview build and upgraded, and so far I like it but I haven't really done much with it so I can't make a decision yet. haha

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I'm not sure if there are any SLI issues but I'm running the latest insider preview with multi-monitors (3 connected to my GTX 760) and with GeForce Experience installed and it works perfect for me (Better than Windows 8/8.1 ever did).

Well, that's good to know. It's mainly the SLI issue I'm worried about though, as that can result in it trying to install drivers on top of each other.

I guess I'll just hold off a couple of days and keep an eye on the forum.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

The computer is up to date.

It isn't, there is an optional update that includes the 'get windows 10' app. I had exactly the same problem as you and thought it was up to date because I have auto-updates on.

No, sticking with the insider ring for a while, until i am satisfied all my daily programs and games work flawlessly, then i will upgrade my 8.1 key, going to keep my windows 7 ultimate key for though.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

It isn't, there is an optional update that includes the 'get windows 10' app. I had exactly the same problem as you and thought it was up to date because I have auto-updates on.

Nope, installed all optional updates. Still doesn't appear.

Blue Jay

Other Stuff

GitHub

I won't be getting it on day 1 because I don't currently have my own PC. I sold my desktop last month and my work laptop has been doubling as my personal laptop since then. I'm going to be buying a Dell XPS 13 2015 edition on August 1st or around there, so I should have a computer running Windows 10 first week of August. I'm waiting to buy the laptop because I want it to come with Windows 10 pre-installed.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Heck yeah I'm hyped, I tried out their latest build via VM I'm impressed with the OS. I'm doing it for mostly for DX12. I like the new start menu I was able to find out how to get the other folders to show up. Pretty much set it up the way I would like it. I also like that the OS can change the colors of the UI by picking it from the wallpaper. The one thing that i'm right now confused is that in their app stores there's mobile games i'm not too sure about it. I tried sonic dash via vm ran great with minimal gfx issues. I did better on they keyboard than the actual phone so. I don't know about that yet. Some of the apps are still under windows 8/8.1 format hopefully they'll update to 10s which is way better.