Is a nvidia gtx 980 ti classified better than a Titan X?

So i am stuck do i get a nvidia gtx 980 ti classified or a Titan X Super clocked?

Money is not a problem. Also the 980 ti classified comes with a higher out of the box overclock, So will i get better fps in games at 1080p Why the 980 ti classified??

I will not be overclocking these cards by the way. They will be left at sock overclock. 

unless you are running at an absurd resolution the 980ti is a better buy.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

stock clocks? Titan X.

classified cards have more power phases, so you can overclock higher.

if you're going for 1080p only get a 980. titan x and 980Ti are for 4k content.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

stock clocks? Titan X.

classified cards have more power phases, so you can overclock higher.

if you're going for 1080p only get a 980. titan x and 980Ti are for 4k content.

Dude no way xD Why does everything think this crap. No card has yet mastered 1080p. As a 980 can only run Gta on high settings to stay above 60fps at 1080p. If you want to run that game every option Ultra, AA all the way up. Advanced options on you would need two titan x's and that is for 1080p. I have a 970 and i have to turn down the grass, Particles, Reflections,AA and have all of the advanced options off to stay above 60fps the whole time. Same with new games coming out to run them at max everthing you need more than a 980 so no graphics card yet has concurred 1080p. You need two 980ti,s or TItan X'es To Be able to play every game maxed out 60fps+ Also i like to play my game a 144fps so there is now way a 980 would do shit xD  

Dude no way xD Why does everything think this crap. No card has yet mastered 1080p. As a 980 can only run Gta on high settings to stay above 60fps at 1080p. If you want to run that game every option Ultra, AA all the way up. Advanced options on you would need two titan x's and that is for 1080p. I have a 970 and i have to turn down the grass, Particles, Reflections,AA and have all of the advanced options off to stay above 60fps the whole time. Same with new games coming out to run them at max everthing you need more than a 980 so no graphics card yet has concurred 1080p. You need two 980ti,s or TItan X'es To Be able to play every game maxed out 60fps+ Also i like to play my game a 144fps so there is now way a 980 would do shit xD  

i have two 980s. I can crank EVERYTHING up. it runs fine. at 60fps with minor overclocks. (15%)

i don't have a 144Hz monitor so i don't care.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

-snip-

No card is enough as it is for Full Hd no matter what people say. Unless they develop a gpu with 7000 maxwell cuda cores and highly efficient memory and core clocks there is no "+60fps" at mininum in every single software in the whole planet.

Groomlake Authority

Never mess with advanced settings, they offer so little and take a load of performance. 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

i have two 980s. I can crank EVERYTHING up. it runs fine. at 60fps with minor overclocks. (15%)

That's poor optimization.  Rockstar fucked up on the optimization badly for GTA V.  It has nothing to do with card performance.

Well that is great man. But no game is every well optimized, Witcher 3? Any ubiosoft game what do you recommend i do only play well optimized games? xD Sorry i sound like an ass hole though it is true. Also Gta 5 is very well optimized it is just one of the most demanding games right now

No card is enough as it is for Full Hd no matter what people say. Unless they develop a gpu with 7000 maxwell cuda cores and highly efficient memory and core clocks there is no "+60fps" at mininum in every single software in the whole planet.

your mileage may vary. okay?

Yeah i guess. Though i am used to 144+ so i would rather play games at that. Also games like witcher and others you do need more than a single card these days even for 1080p And people think we are ready for 4k yeah right.

your mileage may vary. okay?

Yeah i guess :) But for what i want to do. I need two 980 ti,s I think

Yeah i guess. Though i am used to 144+ so i would rather play games at that. Also games like witcher and others you do need more than a single card these days even for 1080p And people think we are ready for 4k yeah right.

if money isnt an problem just go get 4x titan Xs then. that seems like the only thing that will please you.

The witcher 3 runs on ultra at 1080p with an r9 390/gtx 970 with over 50 fps....

I would say it depends on optimization more or less.

Um, no Rockstar came out and said they fucked up everyone has had some issue with the game.  

I never did and i played it the second it came out xD It ran amazing on my 970 FTW But the more Advanced features are crazy to run. Gta 5 is one of the best well optimized Console games to come to the pc, I can honestly say that.

The witcher 3 runs on ultra at 1080p with an r9 390/gtx 970 with over 50 fps....

I would say it depends on optimization more or less.

Not Really more like 30-40fps Which i unplayable for myself. Also that is with hair works turned off.

The PC port like the PC version of Arkham Knight was highly fucked up with optimization, bugs, and so on.  GTA V just wasn't as bad.  Maybe you weren't paying attention, but it did happen.  Rockstar even said so.

Maybe but why should i care if it did not happen to me xD God i sound like an ass hole right now xD But yeah you are right they should have fixed the problems that other people were having. 

Not Really more like 30-40fps Which i unplayable for myself. Also that is with hair works turned off.

Video was released at may 18th just as the game released :P This is more recent and as you can see it runs it at over 60 fps.

I don't know what the fuck you are doing with your Cards but my 280x runs gta at highest settings (-AA etc turned down) at 50+fps. A 980ti or something along those lines shouldn't have ANY problem running 1080p.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Video was released at may 18th just as the game released :P This is more recent and as you can see it runs it at over 60 fps.

It still was 50fps while he was in combat and in grassy areas when he went to the city, Sure it went to 60fps+. If i played a game and every time i battled someone it went down to 50fps Also his GPU is overclocked not stock. Unless it can keep a +60fps all the time with some frame drops here and there, It has not conquered 1080p But yeah it is good :) 

I don't know what the fuck you are doing with your Cards but my 280x runs gta at highest settings (-AA etc turned down) at 50+fps. A 980ti or something along those lines shouldn't have ANY problem running 1080p.

I hope so. I will get two to future proof it though, And to make sure :) What can i say i love me some high settings xD And a +60fps frame rate 80+ Would be better 

Moved to Graphics Cards. Please post in the proper sub-forum next time.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Everything on very high and advanced graphics maxed out besides high resolution shadows and I get 70-100fps..