Critical exploits plague IE11 but MS is too busy with W10 to patch them

Bloodyvalley

That's very true. They are of course very different, and one could argue that Linux does have the better implementation. But I was only comparing them in a general sense.

And yes, I agree, the fanboys on either side probably don't know the difference.

What kinds of things is Windows bothering you with every time you boot? Do you mean every time you start your PC, you're getting UAC prompts as auto-starting programs load?

Things like software fan control. I've had it for printing documents before. There's a bunch of hardware interface stuff that Windows has never really been properly able to use without full admin privilege that it really shouldn't need.

It would actually be more secure not to need UAC for things like this because not every trivial task should want root access.

Things like software fan control. I've had it for printing documents before. There's a bunch of hardware interface stuff that Windows has never really been properly able to use without full admin privilege that it really shouldn't need.

It would actually be more secure not to need UAC for things like this because not every trivial task should want root access.

I feel exactly the same way about mobile apps that insist on enabling access to completely irreverent information like GPS location, calendar contents etc. They don't need to know where I am or what I am doing tomorrow in order to show me whats on in the cinemas or who won the footy. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I feel exactly the same way about mobile apps that insist on enabling access to completely irreverent information like GPS location, calendar contents etc. They don't need to know where I am or what I am doing tomorrow in order to show me whats on in the cinemas or who won the footy.

I have the same concern too with my only android device I own, a tablet. That's why i have very little apps installed besides typical big apps like YT,twitch,instagram,FB etc.. I actually have more faith with mobile apps for WP than Android tbh.