What are your career goals?

Akolyte

The stress must be insane though. However I'm comparing it to my current job where I feel the environment prevents me from being confident in my work.

I don't have a lot of comebacks... I just got a bad one this week that I did a rear main seal in and it blew out again. Thats probably the worst comeback in over a year of working in the trade. Half the time its crap parts because everything is made and re-manufactured in china...

Yea I know that feeling, I quit my apprenticeship due to a fuckwit boss.. I come to work to learn not to be sworn at all day every day.. This is the reason I quit..

B0ss: grab me a knife I gotta cut this rope

Me: sure *runs and grabs a box cutter cause its the only thing in the shop that will cut rope*

B0ss: that's not a knife where's your knife your fucking useless.

Me: if that makes me useless then what are you for not having a knife? Fuck you I quit enjoy the extra work load you fucking psycho *I was his only employee besides his son*

This is a guy who drove a Ferrari TR on gravle roads doing burnout s and shit.. Mustangs, corvettes, a 56 balair*, also pulled a gun on his ex wife, got in a shoot out with the cops in the states.. Lol guy was fucked. Went to Africa for a month to go hunting.. Asked him how it was when he got back.. His reply "it sucked".. What a spoiled little bitch of a cranky old prick..

Edit forgot to mention that my grandpa's boss and my boss were friends.. My boss went to the hangar the day before he left for Africa, got shit faced and hopped in the TR to drive home, ended up crashing it before he even left that hangars parking lot, so my grandpa's boss drove him home in the top of 3rd gear on snow.. My boss sitting in the passenger seat telling Justin to go faster.. ITS THE TOP OF 3RD IN A FERRARI FFS! Not like that's slow.. And on icy roads..

Oh those. When we say Ghetto's we generally mean a crummy area where poor people live, don't take care of their houses or yards, and somehow drive expensive cars and wear expensive shoes. (well some of them do). And generally not the kind of area to visit at night. (or during the day for that matter)

Yea Hastings St (Vancouver) and the reservations.. Lol general places to avoid..

Yea Hastings St (Vancouver) and the reservations.. Lol general places to avoid..

Why though? Just because they are shitty and or you might get beaten up?

In the US, some cities have streets where you can get beaten with a crow-bar or shot, just for being white (or looking at someone in a way they perceive to be wrong, or just for breathing for that matter). Where I used to deliver pizza, the cops would follow me at night if they saw me turn down certain roads. They once came in late and I asked why, they said "because you're insane going to that neighborhood without a gun".

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Either Engineering or JTF-02

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Why though? Just because they are shitty and or you might get beaten up?

In the US, some cities have streets where you can get beaten with a crow-bar or shot, just for being white (or looking at someone in a way they perceive to be wrong, or just for breathing for that matter). Where I used to deliver pizza, the cops would follow me at night if they saw me turn down certain roads. They once came in late and I asked why, they said "because you're insane going to that neighborhood without a gun".

No Hastings is like that.. Look at someone wrong.. You get stabbed or even worse yet.. Stabbed with a syringe.. And yea on the reservations you get stomped for skin color.. I have a native friend who got his ass whopped every fucking day for having lighter skin than the rest of the reservation, they even lit his head on fire.. No hair left after at all.. Feel bad for him cause he was born on the reservation with 2 native parents.. So it was all about the color of his skin.. Fucking stupid..

These are the places where people will rape there family members (not saying all natives are bad BY ANY MEANS.. But this shit has happened in the towns I lived in).. Just last year 2 brothers and mom were all drinking.. Older brother stabs younger bro in the neck killing him.. Mom didn't do shit.. Just last week a girl was stabbed in the heart and died over a fucking hoodie..

Yea I know that feeling, I quit my apprenticeship due to a fuckwit boss.. I come to work to learn not to be sworn at all day every day.. This is the reason I quit..

B0ss: grab me a knife I gotta cut this rope

Me: sure *runs and grabs a box cutter cause its the only thing in the shop that will cut rope*

B0ss: that's not a knife where's your knife your fucking useless.

Me: if that makes me useless then what are you for not having a knife? Fuck you I quit enjoy the extra work load you fucking psycho *I was his only employee besides his son*

This is a guy who drove a Ferrari TR on gravle roads doing burnout s and shit.. Mustangs, corvettes, a 56 balair*, also pulled a gun on his ex wife, got in a shoot out with the cops in the states.. Lol guy was fucked. Went to Africa for a month to go hunting.. Asked him how it was when he got back.. His reply "it sucked".. What a spoiled little bitch of a cranky old prick..

Edit forgot to mention that my grandpa's boss and my boss were friends.. My boss went to the hangar the day before he left for Africa, got shit faced and hopped in the TR to drive home, ended up crashing it before he even left that hangars parking lot, so my grandpa's boss drove him home in the top of 3rd gear on snow.. My boss sitting in the passenger seat telling Justin to go faster.. ITS THE TOP OF 3RD IN A FERRARI FFS! Not like that's slow.. And on icy roads..

My boss isn't exactly an angry person. Hes very passive aggressive. He will hound me over stuff I'm doing. Like one time I had to do a radiator on a toyota sienna on the ground. He was super pissed about me taking off the bumper even though the service manual said you have to, which I wasn't allowed to look at during the time... Kept saying shit like "I really don't understand why you have to take off the bumper" Then I show him how far its tucked under the clip and the radiator has almost no room to come up. Even after hes still griping, saying "Alright but I still don't understand, it shouldn't be this hard, it only calls for xx hours".  

Meanwhile if my co-worker was doing the same thing, he wouldn't give him shit. Plus he actually lets him on the computer to look up information. Its just a caustic environment where I'm not getting anymore experience. With no metaphorical ladder to climb, I have no desire to work there anymore. As soon as I get a new job I'm outta there. No two weeks or anything. Especially since he canceled my dads appointment to have work done on his truck who had an appointment 2 weeks ahead for somebody else that he penciled in the day before. Granted my co-worker called in sick, but he still hasn't offered to reschedule and now my dad has to take more time off work and have the job done elsewhere for more money. 

/rant I guess.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

No Hastings is like that.. Look at someone wrong.. You get stabbed or even worse yet.. Stabbed with a syringe.. And yea on the reservations you get stomped for skin color.. I have a native friend who got his ass whopped every fucking day for having lighter skin than the rest of the reservation, they even lit his head on fire.. No hair left after at all.. Feel bad for him cause he was born on the reservation with 2 native parents.. So it was all about the color of his skin.. Fucking stupid..

These are the places where people will rape there family members (not saying all natives are bad BY ANY MEANS.. But this shit has happened in the towns I lived in).. Just last year 2 brothers and mom were all drinking.. Older brother stabs younger bro in the neck killing him.. Mom didn't do shit.. Just last week a girl was stabbed in the heart and died over a fucking hoodie..

And this is why people need to be able to carry a gun. To defend themselves from other people that exist as a result of laws that violate the nature of darwinism. (seatbelt laws, etc.)

My boss isn't exactly an angry person. Hes very passive aggressive. He will hound me over stuff I'm doing. Like one time I had to do a radiator on a toyota sienna on the ground. He was super pissed about me taking off the bumper even though the service manual said you have to, which I wasn't allowed to look at during the time... Kept saying shit like "I really don't understand why you have to take off the bumper" Then I show him how far its tucked under the clip and the radiator has almost no room to come up. Even after hes still griping, saying "Alright but I still don't understand, it shouldn't be this hard, it only calls for xx hours".

Meanwhile if my co-worker was doing the same thing, he wouldn't give him shit. Plus he actually lets him on the computer to look up information. Its just a caustic environment where I'm not getting anymore experience. With no metaphorical ladder to climb, I have no desire to work there anymore. As soon as I get a new job I'm outta there. No two weeks or anything. Especially since he canceled my dads appointment to have work done on his truck who had an appointment 2 weeks ahead for somebody else that he penciled in the day before. Granted my co-worker called in sick, but he still hasn't offered to reschedule and now my dad has to take more time off work and have the job done elsewhere for more money.

/rant I guess.

Ask him this "what exactly is your fucking issue with me?" Just fucking call him on it, show him you arent gonna just sit there and take it, explain to him how you see it through your eyes..

Hell just get a gopro.. Film him interacting with you compared to the other guy and call him out on it.. Ive done this with my mom who sits on her ass and delegates while stepdad and I do everything around the house.. She does exactly what your boss does only to her husband.. Guy has the patients of a saint haha.. But I'll pm ya after this TOTALLY dragging this off topic...

Career. Counselor... I seem to like trying to help.. But I have enough of my own probs to deal with.. :( I REALLY DONT want to go back to school for a trade.. Trades are only good if you have experience.. I have applied at so many electrical outfitters, shops, apprenticeships.. And been turned down all due to lack of experience even though I have worked on and built 120KW generators, quiet packs, even made custom skids for ski hills..

And this is why people need to be able to carry a gun. To defend themselves from other people that exist as a result of laws that violate the nature of darwinism. (seatbelt laws, etc.)

Yea but what happens when those psychos who your trying to defend your self from have guns as well.. It's who's faster at that point.. The ONLY thing that america should have is some sort of sanity check when buying firearms..

And don't kid your self.. We have the internet now.. Darwinisim is in its prime.. People will do some dumb ass shit for views/likes man..

Yea but what happens when those psychos who your trying to defend your self from have guns as well.. It's who's faster at that point.. The ONLY thing that america should have is some sort of sanity check when buying firearms..

Sanity is a relevant and momentary term. And most gun crimes aren't committed with legally purchased firearms. Yes you can outlaw person-to-person transactions, but good luck enforcing that. In a country like the US, you will have about as much success as outlawing piracy lol

The only solution to the majority of gun crime, is arming the citizens and training them to defend themselves. No one is going to rob a gas station if they think every single person in the store, including the employees, are packing. If they do, then they deserve their darwin award.

Granted, you will still have crimes of passion and accidents, but laws can't prevent those at all so......pointless laws are pointless.

Sanity is a relevant and momentary term. And most gun crimes aren't committed with legally purchased firearms. Yes you can outlaw person-to-person transactions, but good luck enforcing that. In a country like the US, you will have about as much success as outlawing piracy lol

The only solution to the majority of gun crime, is arming the citizens and training them to defend themselves. No one is going to rob a gas station if they think every single person in the store, including the employees, are packing. If they do, then they deserve their darwin award.

Granted, you will still have crimes of passion and accidents, but laws can't prevent those at all so......pointless laws are pointless.

True enough, I edited that tho :)

Love this thread.. Lol only posted here and the car thread hahaha. Good topics bros.. Sorry OP for the takeover [emoji14]

True enough, I edited that tho :)

Very true. Sadly, stupidity is popular. If only we could convince people not to breed with stupid people (like the Kardashians)

Ask him this "what exactly is your fucking issue with me?" Just fucking call him on it, show him you arent gonna just sit there and take it, explain to him how you see it through your eyes..

Hell just get a gopro.. Film him interacting with you compared to the other guy and call him out on it.. Ive done this with my mom who sits on her ass and delegates while stepdad and I do everything around the house.. She does exactly what your boss does only to her husband.. Guy has the patients of a saint haha.. But I'll pm ya after this TOTALLY dragging this off topic...

Career. Counselor... I seem to like trying to help.. But I have enough of my own probs to deal with.. :( I REALLY DONT want to go back to school for a trade.. Trades are only good if you have experience.. I have applied at so many electrical outfitters, shops, apprenticeships.. And been turned down all due to lack of experience even though I have worked on and built 120KW generators, quiet packs, even made custom skids for ski hills..

Nah, thats not how I like to do things. If I confront him, I lose my hold on myself and go into an incoherent shouting match which has no effect in the long term. I prefer to just leave with little words. Leaves a bigger psychological mark.

Do you have a community college near you? Cheap education and it can get your foot in the door. I thought the same, but I got hired at this job before I even finished school. Now I have some experience + school, so finding a job should be really easy now.  

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

On I can't say I have NOT done some stupid shit in my life.. The only thing is.. I learned from it..

Nah, thats not how I like to do things. If I confront him, I lose my hold on myself and go into an incoherent shouting match which has no effect in the long term. I prefer to just leave with little words. Leaves a bigger psychological mark.

Do you have a community college near you? Cheap education and it can get your foot in the door. I thought the same, but I got hired at this job before I even finished school. Now I have some experience + school, so finding a job should be really easy now.

We don't have community colleges in Canada that I'm aware of.. We have colleges and universities.. Lol colleges teach the trades and other stuff, university for degrees and stuff

We don't have community colleges in Canada that I'm aware of.. We have colleges and universities.. Lol colleges teach the trades and other stuff, university for degrees and stuff

Do you have anything like financial aid like we have in America? If you can get it for free, no reason not to do it. 

Do you have anything like financial aid like we have in America? If you can get it for free, no reason not to do it.

Ye I was on social assistance for a while well I was waiting (over 2 years) for a disability claim, I've got a blown back, leg, shoulder and neck from fights, biking, car accidents, lifting my 300lb racing quad (rear end for a tire swap and back went POP then I hit the ground..)

I want to be a Linguist, preferably one that goes on to work with the FBI and to also become a cognitive scientist, like Chomsky or Steven Pinker. And as long as I make enough money to live comfortably, I will be fine, because being poor all your life will make you fine with comfortable.

I also have a huge ambition to become an Archeologist. I want to do much, and I don't think it is right to restrict myself from doing what I want. So I'm aiming for it all, baby!  B) 

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I have a few currently, after my 4 year enlistment in special operations I may try to go tier 1 (RRC, SF, or Delta Force/ C.A.G) or CIA field operative or I may just go back home and use my MGIB to get a degree in computer science and become a software developer or game programmer.

I was going to do something tech related until I found out how good I am at accounting. My economics teacher said I am the best he had ever seen. 

So I guess I am doing accounting

I was going to do something tech related until I found out how good I am at accounting. My economics teacher said I am the best he had ever seen.

So I guess I am doing accounting

I want to be a botanist.. I guess that kind of ties back to my first post in this thread..

i am 19 years old now and i am going to go to university in the fall this year. my first interests in computer stuff developed when i was 8 years old and used to watch my father building pcs in his spare time. some day i took a few parts and built a running system in the box the mainboard came in.

this was the day when i built my first system. nothing special, but i am proud of it.

since then i am sometimes more, sometimes less interested in computer tec.

i graduated from IT school(something like IT highschool/college) where i learned most of electronic related stuff.

my balls to the wall dream would be to work for intel or nvidia as a chipdesigner or pcb designer.

unfortunately i am not a nativ english speaker at all and i am austrian :/

but you never know what life could throw at you ;)

hope you liked my story.

greets