Official Osu! Thread

NeatSquidYT

I haven't enjoyed a rhythm game this much since Guitar Hero, even though I'm extremely bad and I can't get past 2 star maps. ;D

dw, as long as you're having fun, don't care about being bad :D I'm awful and I dedicate ALL my free time into osu!, but have a blast with it.

using Cutting Edge Build, if you're a supporter, you can have a custom background.

You don't need cutting edge to change the osu! background. I'm on stable and I have one. It's been on stable builds for 2-3 years iirc.

9RmgMvO.png

Slowly getting better.  :lol:

Do you suggest spamming one map until I get kinda good at it? 

Also, Is there a way to stop people from spectating me? "Show spectators" option only hides them. :/

I spammed Rubik's Cube 3x3x3 and I personally feel that it improved my accuracy, although at your stage, it's just having fun. If you wanna improve your score, go for it!

I don't think there's a way to stop spectators, sorry.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/653201&m=0

This one for example - on "Gaia's Normal". I fail where it overlaps. I find streams impossible for now on higher difficulty maps. :D

Are you single tapping everything? If so, you can't single tap streams.

I spammed Rubik's Cube 3x3x3 and I personally feel that it improved my accuracy, although at your stage, it's just having fun. If you wanna improve your score, go for it!

I don't think there's a way to stop spectators, sorry.

I'll try that. Too bad that I can't disable spectators though - I just don't want people to see how bad I am.  :lol:

Are you single tapping everything? If so, you can't single tap streams.

I was single tapping everything until now. I'd slowly start unhandycapping (new word?) myself.  :lol:

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

I'll try that. Too bad that I can't disable spectators though - I just don't want people to see how bad I am.  :lol:

I was single tapping everything until now. I'd slowly start unhandycapping (new word?) myself.  :lol:

I'd recommend practicing alting triples and streams, it's essential.

I'd recommend practicing alting triples and streams, it's essential.

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/43701

Is this any good?

Damn those streams make me regret buying a keyboard with linear switches. :D

Is this any good?

I usually hammer on the switches so hard that I can't even feel the tactile bump on my browns.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Is this any good?

Nearly every pro uses linear switches

Yeah, that looks good, although you don't need that high BPM streaming capabilities just yet. Just follow the rhythm of the music for now.

Hmm, can you suggest something else? I find this really irritating and impossible. :D

Hmm, can you suggest something else? I find this really irritating and impossible. :D

just keep playing maps that have them in anyway. At your stage you DO NOT NEED to know how to stream 210BPM, you just need to follow the rhythm.

What I suggest is that you download the 2 latest beatmap packs (or find songs that you like) and just play them on a difficulty you find comfy with.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Is multiplayer worth getting into or should I stick to singleplayer?

Is multiplayer worth getting into or should I stick to singleplayer?

I sometimes play multi with @Wind but I don`t like playing with total strangers.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

I sometimes play multi with @Wind but I don`t like playing with total strangers.

Exactly, I hate playing with total strangers too in all mp games, because most of the time they turn out to be total asses. Some guy even spectated me and told me that I suck today. 

Not to mention in CS GO, where everyone is like "Haha, Russian, go die." (even though I'm not Russian).

Exactly, I hate playing with total strangers too in all mp games, because most of the time they turn out to be total asses. Some guy even spectated me and told me that I suck today.

Not to mention in CS GO, where everyone is like "Haha, Russian, go die." (even though I'm not Russian).

CSGO is luv CSGO is life, even it have toxic community, i have friend to play with me.

I don't play multi only cause no one likes when I choose maps that they can't play through :|

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Did my first stream heavy pass with MX Blues last night :D

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

need them Clicky sound, are MX Blues viable for gaming? wanna pick up a mechanical, but still deciding on what switches.

They require so real fast hands for osu for maps like I just did. Browns are the next best for the tactile feel

|King Of The Lost|

They require so real fast hands for osu for maps like I just did. Browns are the next best for the tactile feel

they say you need a strong finger to use MX Blue, is that true for you?

they say you need a strong finger to use MX Blue, is that true for you?

Nope, MX Blues are 45G which is the same as MX reds and MX browns.

|King Of The Lost|

When I tried different switches, blues felt pretty light to me, but I used to hammer a lot my previous membrane keyboard. :D

I currently use a keyboard with linear Kailh switches, which are close to MX Black and I find them easy to type on.