Official Osu! Thread

NeatSquidYT

The 480S is like a few centimeters smaller than the 580

It`s 152 × 95 mm vs 203 x 127 mm active area. It`s a pretty big difference IMO. The area is about 78% larger.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

what the hell is pp?

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

what the hell is pp?

Performance points. It's how players are ranked. Each play gives a certain amount of pp that depends on how well you played and how difficult the map is.

Here's a more in-depth article on how it works: http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Performance_Points

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

So I tried using mouse today and I got pretty decent with it again. The only real problem I had was that I had a huge amount of mouse drift, especially when spinning or doing lots of jumps.

I play on phone and am steadily getting better, but I was wondering since a large majority seems to play there how does PC work? I mean, mouse just doesn't seem like it could be accurately moved quickly enough for some insane tracks. In a video linked on page one it looked like the guy had a drawing tablet & stylus with two keyboard buttons for tap and hold. Can 

someone explain to me how this works?

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

I play on phone and am steadily getting better, but I was wondering since a large majority seems to play there how does PC work? I mean, mouse just doesn't seem like it could be accurately moved quickly enough for some insane tracks. In a video linked on page one it looked like the guy had a drawing tablet & stylus with two keyboard buttons for tap and hold. Can 

someone explain to me how this works?

Regarding youre comment about it being impossible to move the mouse fast enough:

There are a lot of mouse players, but most high ranked players use drawing tablets. Not sure what is there to explain about how it works, you move the pen on the drawing tablet to hit the circles and use the keyboard to click on them.

Regarding youre comment about it being impossible to move the mouse fast enough:

There are a lot of mouse players, but most high ranked players use drawing tablets. Not sure what is there to explain about how it works, you move the pen on the drawing tablet to hit the circles and use the keyboard to click on them.

Doomsday a.k.a. Mouse and KB god

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Doomsday a.k.a. Mouse and KB god

AmaiHachimitsu? Angelsim? they are better than Doomsday.

AmaiHachimitsu? Angelsim? they are better than Doomsday.

Meh, I've only seen doomsday play and he is always constant

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

a3d724d943.jpg

a3d7a2faa2.jpg
Accuracy is bad but I don't care I have finally passed this song its all streams and stacked streams its soo hard for me to do.

|King Of The Lost|

Thanks for the explanation, I was thinking of some beatmaps with further spacing which seemed a bit hard to do precisely with a mouse, but then I also failed to account for the freaking awesomeness of people. Like, you know those people are awesome montages on youtube that get 10 million views? This is like that. But not jumping off cliffs. I mean, I can barely manage to get a c on hard as a general rule of thumb on many songs. Geez. So much respect for pros.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

Meh, I've only seen doomsday play and he is always constant

In terms of ranking, Doomsday is 3rd in mouse rankings. He's more well known for being able to do crazy streams and DTing maps that haven't been DTd than having an amazing, fast aim (not saying he has a bad aim though)

In terms of ranking, Doomsday is 3rd in mouse rankings. He's more well known for being able to do crazy streams and DTing maps that haven't been DTd than having an amazing, fast aim (not saying he has a bad aim though)

Amai is 1st, and Angelsim is 2nd IMO. Angelsim is known with HDHR IIRC, been watching amai in OWC 2014, and he did better than Fartownik.

Anyone know a good map to practice streams? Should be 3-4 stars. I`m currently extremly inconsistent with streams, sometimes I get them perfectly and sometimes I miss almost the entire stream.

Anyone know a good map to practice streams? Should be 3-4 stars. I`m currently extremly inconsistent with streams, sometimes I get them perfectly and sometimes I miss almost the entire stream.

I can only do as much as google tells me so... https://osu.ppy.sh/b/207567&m=0

At least it's something

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

i got a problem, now my hand really tend to shake. it makes me always overshoot the position. any tips to get rid of this problem?

i got a problem, now my hand really tend to shake. it makes me always overshoot the position. any tips to get rid of this problem?

try resting your hand on something

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Idk. I had the same problem until about a month ago, but now I pretty much never shake. No idea why.

I can only do as much as google tells me so... https://osu.ppy.sh/b/207567&m=0

At least it's something

Will try it, thanks.

Idk. I had the same problem until about a month ago, but now I pretty much never shake. No idea why.

maybe because of work, i can't concentrate on any game, at all. no matter how hard i try, it still presist.

Streams: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtMS8U9u-0dKdHBoTEdJc28yWkEzV3NxczlYRjlKWmc&usp=sharing#gid=0

Jumps: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zhICw3sDaXFy8nOw8z1BrHia1eHnJ82PB3MhgzxmrSk/edit#gid=0

|King Of The Lost|

Just went through half of the long stream map (120bpm)... rip my fingers :P

osu! profile

Amai is 1st, and Angelsim is 2nd IMO. Angelsim is known with HDHR IIRC, been watching amai in OWC 2014, and he did better than Fartownik.

I meant objectively, not subjectively. I personally like Doomsday the best out of all mouse players.

Just went through half of the long stream map (120bpm)... rip my fingers :P

120bpm is nothing :P

I meant objectively, not subjectively. I personally like Doomsday the best out of all mouse players.

120bpm is nothing :P

It isn't really objective either, because more pp doesn't mean more skill.

I always thought of Doomsday as the best mouse player because I didn't even know any other top 500 mouse players except for him and loliforz.

ah, okay then.

btw, anyone watches Rafis play? man he is awesome on his recent play. HDDTHR Best FriendS is one of them.