Laptop for school/light gaming under $1,500CAD?

Nitrodragon

I'm going to be purchasing a laptop for collage work and probably some light gaming. The budget for it will be $1,500CAD and since I have never really gone into the laptop spectrum of pc hardware I don't really have an inclination to what would be the best choice for this price.

I would get an X series Asus, the models start with "F55" or "X55"

But it is really specs and the price of the models is what to go for.

So if a HP is cheaper and same or better specs, I would get it.

Get something that has an 

i7 (preferably a Quadcore) or an A10 or even an FX APU

Get 8GB of Ram.

and dedicated graphics.

The storage will probably be a 1TB hdd or a 256GB ssd for that price.

I'm going to be purchasing a laptop for collage work and probably some light gaming. The budget for it will be $1,500CAD and since I have never really gone into the laptop spectrum of pc hardware I don't really have an inclination to what would be the best choice for this price.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152711&cm_re=msi_ge62_apache-_-34-152-711-_-Product

Always remember to follow your own topics.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

You should consider getting an older ~2013 model laptop with a GTX 700 or 800 series gpu. They will be significantly cheaper and will play most games at 1080p no problem.

I don't what "light gaming" classifies, but the Lenovo T450s is great if you customize the specs.

I don't what "light gaming" classifies, but the Lenovo T450s is great if you customize the specs.

light gaming is basically i wont be playing AAA games at Ultra graphics or anything like that. More of the occasionally single player game when im away from my desktop.

light gaming is basically i wont be playing AAA games at Ultra graphics or anything like that. More of the occasionally single player game when im away from my desktop.

My T430 runs TF2, LoL, and many other games that are more about the gameplay than the graphics VERY well.

Still doesn't mean shit. What kind of singleplayer game? Mount and Blade? That will run on mostly anything. The Witcher 3? Well, even on Low settings you'll find it hard to run.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor