[Build Ready] Need feedback! Intel Core i7-4790K, EVGA GeForce GTX 970, NZXT Phantom 410 (White)

I have a 10 year old Pentium D with a stock cooler in a system that gets pushed to 100% CPU usage regularly and has a thermal output of 130 watts, it's still going just the way it did 10 years ago.

It's impossible to get a 4790K with stock voltages and clockspeed to go anywhere near TJ max.

think it might be time to retire that build.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

High static pressure fans are not necessary for case intake. Even if they have to push air through a drive tower.

The Nzxt compatibility checker indicates that the H100i GTX is compatible with the Phantom 410. The H100i GTX is 1mm longer, 5mm wider, and 3mm thicker than the H100i. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XA0x-ien6g shows an H100i in a 410. Since the two radiators have the same mounting points, it appears that the GTX should fit.

The Z87-Pro has USB BIOS Flashback. The BIOS on this motherboard can be updated with NO cpu and NO memory installed. All one needs is a USB stick with the BIOS image.

Wouldn't the Static Pressure fans help though? Having just the exhausts as the back and the side mounted fans, having a little more flow of air provided by the Static Pressure fans should help more should it not?

Thanks for checking if the GTX fits. I did actually use the Comparability checker, and I also called their support, but they support person said that it wouldn't. Its only a small amount larger than the H100i so I was confused why it Wouldn't fit. Hopefully it does, so I don't have to go through all that returning crap...

The MoBo still has to plugged in with an 8pin and 24pin cable, obviously, right?

Wouldn't the Static Pressure fans help though? Having just the exhausts as the back and the side mounted fans, having a little more flow of air provided by the Static Pressure fans should help more should it not?

Thanks for checking if the GTX fits. I did actually use the Comparability checker, and I also called their support, but they support person said that it wouldn't. Its only a small amount larger than the H100i so I was confused why it Wouldn't fit. Hopefully it does, so I don't have to go through all that returning crap...

The MoBo still has to plugged in with an 8pin and 24pin cable, obviously, right?

When it comes to static pressure fans, typically they should be used with a radiator, or if there's a pretty thick filter in their way.

Some times they use a 4 pin, but that one most likely uses an 8pin.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

Using high static pressure fans for case intake is fine. It just is not worth the cost IMO. With some drive tower designs, high static pressure fans can help a bit when the tower is fully populated.

If the support person said the H100i GTX would not fit in the Phantom 410, then I would presume that it is unlikely to fit for some not readily apparent reason. If you have already ordered it, cross your fingers. Let us know how it works out.

Yes on providing the mobo with power. See http://www.asus.com/microsite/2014/MB/New_4th_gen_Intel_processor_compatibility/.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.