Windows 10

donboki

Guys I just got my new computer and haven't set anything up spent about £1200 on it! And I really don't have anymore money, and I need windows I really want to crack it because it will save me so much money, if I crack windows 8.1 can I get windows 10 upgrades and how much memory will I need on a usb for windows? Thanks guys

6. Piracy, Copyright Material, Cracks and Product Keys

• "Copyright Material" is any material protected by legally recognized copyright;
  • "Piracy" is the unauthorized copying of software or any material subject to copyright;
  • "Cracks" are programs that disable copy-protection technology;
  • A "Key" is a combination of numbers and/or letters required for software installation.

You may not request, distribute, link to or enable any activities which involve the procurement or distribution of pirated software, product cracks or keys or the supply, exchange or distribution of any copyright material including TV recordings. Doing so may result in the termination of your account without notice. In addition, any of the following violations are grounds for action being taken on your post and/or account:

• Seeking help to create or find cracks.
  • Seeking missing files that are supplied with copyrighted installation CD(s)
  • Admitting to being involved in the distribution of copyrighted software/media, cracks and product keys.
  • Requesting or discussing the trade, sale, exchange or supply of any copyrighted material including (but not limited) to TV recordings, DVDs, movies, music, software etc.
  • Identifying torrents sources or websites where copyright material may be obtained.
  • Provide or request login details for restricted websites.

Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of our management.

Guys I just got my new computer and haven't set anything up spent about £1200 on it! And I really don't have anymore money, and I need windows I really want to crack it because it will save me so much money, if I crack windows 8.1 can I get windows 10 upgrades and how much memory will I need on a usb for windows? Thanks guys

yep against COC

6. Piracy, Copyright Material, Cracks and Product Keys

• "Copyright Material" is any material protected by legally recognized copyright;
  • "Piracy" is the unauthorized copying of software or any material subject to copyright;
  • "Cracks" are programs that disable copy-protection technology;
  • A "Key" is a combination of numbers and/or letters required for software installation.
You may not request, distribute, link to or enable any activities which involve the procurement or distribution of pirated software, product cracks or keys or the supply, exchange or distribution of any copyright material including TV recordings. Doing so may result in the termination of your account without notice. In addition, any of the following violations are grounds for action being taken on your post and/or account:
  • Seeking help to create or find cracks.
  • Seeking missing files that are supplied with copyrighted installation CD(s)
  • Admitting to being involved in the distribution of copyrighted software/media, cracks and product keys.
  • Requesting or discussing the trade, sale, exchange or supply of any copyrighted material including (but not limited) to TV recordings, DVDs, movies, music, software etc.
  • Identifying torrents sources or websites where copyright material may be obtained.
  • Provide or request login details for restricted websites.
Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of our management.
oh sorry

Win 8 takes up 3.35gb. not sure for win 8.1.

Shouldn't say much more though cos I may get into trouble with a mod....

windows needs around 4gb of space on a stick.

and I think you can upgrade to windows 10. but it will remain unliscenced

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

yep against COC

no not at all

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

use linux till you have the cash for windows. piracy isn't just against the law, its against the COC of the forum.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

LOL all of the COC warnings then users coming in and helping.

Join the Windows Insider Program, (Think it may be too late now though) They did promise users a free copy of the final version of the OS on the terms that those users cannot deactivate updates and that they will receive early updates, albeit detrimental to their system or not.

If not then download a Windows 8.1 Iso and enjoy the piracy alerts after 6 months time ^_^

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

You can join the Windows Insider program and get a beta, buggy windows for Beta testers for free, but, you'll have to provide feedback every now and then. 

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

no not at all

"Admitting to being involved in the distribution of copyrighted software/media, cracks and product keys."

Let's just say that there are websites, searching is all that you need to do. 

cracking is against COC

talking about it is not

use linux till you have the cash for windows. piracy isn't just against the law, its against the COC of the forum.

it is illegal in the USA

why not just use linux or something?

askdjfasdf

talking about it is not

Talking about piracy in a general sense is not against the CoC - but asking for sources, asking how to crack Windows, or asking for technical advice on how to do it, is all against the CoC. Same with encouraging piracy.

It's also wrong. The OP spend $1200 freaking GBP on their PC, and they couldn't buy Windows? Should've cut the budget by $100 Pounds to pay for Windows.

@donboki Install Ubuntu as your OS until you can save up and afford to pay for Windows - or if you can even still join, join the Windows Insider Program to get beta testing access (Though I believe it's been suspended for the moment while Windows 10 approaches release).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Talking about piracy in a general sense is not against the CoC - but asking for sources, asking how to crack Windows, or asking for technical advice on how to do it, is all against the CoC. Same with encouraging piracy.

It's also wrong. The OP spend $1200 freaking GBP on their PC, and they couldn't buy Windows? Should've cut the budget by $100 Pounds to pay for Windows.

@donboki Install Ubuntu as your OS until you can save up and afford to pay for Windows - or if you can even still join, join the Windows Insider Program to get beta testing access (Though I believe it's been suspended for the moment while Windows 10 approaches release).

he asked about if he'd get win 10 not how to get it.

he asked about if he'd get win 10 not how to get it.

If his PC have Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 then he should receive the little Windows icon notification at the bottom right hand. 

3 options : Linux , Ubuntu or SteamOS ... I prefer Ubuntu cause I've used it before , it's very pretty and clean and I agree with @dalekphalm , you should have account for Windows ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Hi.

I have Windows 8.1 and I want to upgrade to Windows 10. However, I'm thinking about doing a clean install. Will I be able to download from Microsoft an ISO or this free upgrade is only through an update? It would be really annoying to have to install Windows 8 and then upgrade to Windows 10 everytime I want to wipe my SSD and do a clean install of Windows.

-snip-

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-10-faq

Can I reinstall Windows 10 on my computer after upgrading?

Yes. Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, you will be able to reinstall, including a clean install, on the same device. You won’t need to purchase Windows 10 or go back to your prior version of Windows and upgrade again.

You’ll also be able to create your own installation media like a USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you’ve upgraded.

3 options : Linux , Ubuntu or SteamOS...

SteamOS is Linux. Essentially just Debian with Steam auto-starting in big picture mode.

SteamOS is not designed to do pretty much anything but play games. (IE: console like) Not for general desktop work at all. Just use a Debian based distribution like Ubuntu or Linux mint (there's far too many to list here.. but those are the common ones). Then just install steam on that.

Also SteamOS is still in beta. Not exactly perfect just yet I suppose.

Intel Celeron 2.4Ghz - 16GB DDR4 RAM - 980 ti