Z3 Compact or G Flex 2 for gaming?

asim1999

I will be doing a lot of gaming. Which will offer better gaming performance?

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Probably the Z3 due to the G flex having a 1440p screen. However waiting for new phones like the nexus or oneplus 2 might be good idea. Or get a nvidia shield tablet 

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Probably the Z3 due to the G flex having a 1440p screen. However waiting for new phones like the nexus or oneplus 2 might be good idea. Or get a nvidia shield 

The shield is pretty awesome. I have the tablet.

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

(Our lord and savior: GabeN)

I will be doing a lot of gaming. Which will offer better gaming performance?

lg g flex 2 has a 810 vs compacts 801. so LG g flex 2.

that being said, gaming on android is VERY limited and rough. 

The shield is pretty awesome. I have the tablet.

I went on a school trip to the west coast of America. there was a lot of travelling and about 20 hours of plane flights all together. The shield was a life saver. Also the trip was amazing

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Don't get the flex 2, it overheats and throttles because of the 810. Avoid it.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Probably the Z3 due to the G flex having a 1440p screen. However waiting for new phones like the nexus or oneplus 2 might be good idea. Or get a nvidia shield

Z3 Compact is 720p, G Flex 2 is 1080p

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

lg g flex 2 has a 810 vs compacts 801. so LG g flex 2.

that being said, gaming on android is VERY limited and rough. 

with the shield tablet you have much better options. So not very limited just a little bit limited.

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

Z3 Compact is 720p, G Flex 2 is 1080p

Really, I didn't notice. In that case I say G flex. However i would consider the nvidia shield tablet

with the shield tablet you have much better options. So not very limited just a little bit limited.

.................maybe OP needs a phone? the title is asking between a z3 and a gflex 2. no idea why everyone is suggesting a tablet. 

.................maybe OP needs a phone? the title is asking between a z3 and a gflex 2. no idea why everyone is suggesting a tablet. 

he wasn't specific and we were just giving him some options since he wanted to game. Also we are talking about the original shield not the tablet. It's not really that great for gaming like the handheld.

he wasn't specific and we were just giving him some options since he wanted to game. Also we are talking about the original shield not the tablet. It's not really that great for gaming like the handheld.

Well i do have a 980, but yes, i need a new phone 

Well display wise the Gflex 2 is superior a larger display is always I plus for media consumption and processor wise LG wins too, only thing Sony has going for it IMO is build quality and water resistance

Well display wise the Gflex 2 is superior a larger display is always I plus for media consumption and processor wise LG wins too, only thing Sony has going for it IMO is build quality and water resistance

Well you could also say screen recording but i can download apps to do it as the API is baked into lollipop 

Z3 Compact.

Why? Simple.

The G Flex 2 may have the better specs on paper, but the 810 is riddled with overheating issues and the G Flex 2 has very aggressive throttling that drops its performance to the same level as a Nexus 5 or overclocked Galaxy S4.

The Z3C also has a lower-resolution but still perfectly-fine 720p display, which will help with performance.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1