Do you prefer a local electronics shop or a digital store?

Jerombolo

When you build a PC, where do you buy your stuff from? Sure, in stores you pay up to 50 bucks more for a component but when something is wrong you can talk to someone instead of just having to send it in and wait for a respons of them. And what do you think, how much more should a store be allowed to want more for a component? When I compare prices from my local electronics shop to a online store, you can see up to 50 bucks of difference

Bigger components - eshops

small stuff like cables - local store :)

But a digital store has a greater variety compared to a local electronics store. Newegg for example has everything, including rice cookers.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

i normally like buying parts from my local mom&pop. when i was in highschool they let me pay them little by little and got the parts for me, they helped me plan my first build too. this was before I knew anything about LTT and linus might have still been at NCIX at the time actually.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Well, I like with one of our chain stores (Umart) I can order & pay online and pick it up in store when it's ready. Handy. So both? :P

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Well, yes but a local store, mine specificly, only sells stuff which is good from their sight. That sounds wrong^^ I.E. they only sell GPUs from Asus and Gigabyte

Buying Main Parts: Digital

Buying Peripherals and Monitor: Local

"Buying" Cables: My neighbors 

But a digital store has a greater variety compared to a local electronics store. Newegg for example has everything, including rice cookers.

Dem rice cookers.

I mostly buy my hardware online  from Newegg and Amazon. I occasionally pop into Microcenter though. There is a mom and pop computer store down the street from me, and I went in once but it look really sketchy so I decided to not look around for very long, haha.

Buying Main Parts: Digital

Buying Peripherals and Monitor: Local

"Buying" Cables: My neighbors 

You mean more like borrowing them but never giving them back?^^

Physical stores are good to check out what you're buying, but I will pretty much just buy online. Stuff arrives at my door and many times it's cheaper.

i'm a potato

Both... Local shops (In NZ) tend to charge A LOT more. But they are good to get something quick. I would not buy everything for a PC at a local store.

Digital store because its cheaper and requires less effort.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

You mean more like borrowing them but never giving them back?^^

Yes, indeed I just "borrow" them

Physical stores are good to check out what you're buying, but I will pretty much just buy online. Stuff arrives at my door and many times it's cheaper.

^ this

I had several terrible experiences with delivery I prefer physical stores, though there's only like 2 or 3 with stuck but it's mostly crap on stock and even with a physical store they have fucked up their inventory before.

In the future I'll try Amazon since they're shipping to Mexico now.

-------

Current Rig

-------

For parts, estore. For peripherals, local, so I can try em out before I buy.

- snip-