"Former EA CEO: Chasing console graphics on mobile is a mistake"

TopWargamer

I think that trying to get amazing graphics on mobile is a waste. Look at what the most popular games are. Angry birds,Temple run, Candy crush saga. Not many people care about amazing graphics on mobile, they want something fun that is also very rewarding and doesnt make you feel like you have to sit and play it for a long period of time.

That, and on a mobile, I would want more battery life instead of great graphics

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

That, and on a mobile, I would want more battery life instead of great graphics

Exactly, People need to work on that before they start with the graphics. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

People, read the article. He isn't saying that we don't need more power like some of you are saying.

More performance = always better. Saying that we don't need more performance is one of the most ignorant things you can do. "640k ought to be enough for everyone" comes to my mind.

We might not need it right now, but the more powerful devices we get, the more things we can do with them later. Gaming isn't the only thing that benefits from more powerful GPUs and CPUs, and more powerful devices does not necessarily mean more heat and shorter battery life.

What he is saying is that developers shouldn't just make better graphics and think that will sell the game. Instead they should use the increased performance to make new kinds of games.

People, read the article. He isn't saying that we don't need more power like some of you are saying.

More performance = always better. Saying that we don't need more performance is one of the most ignorant things you can do. "640k ought to be enough for everyone" comes to my mind.

We might not need it right now, but the more powerful devices we get, the more things we can do with them later. Gaming isn't the only thing that benefits from more powerful GPUs and CPUs, and more powerful devices does not necessarily mean more heat and shorter battery life.

What he is saying is that developers shouldn't just make better graphics and think that will sell the game. Instead they should use the increased performance to make new kinds of games.

Indeed. 

That was what I was trying to get at in my argument last page. Too many mobile games are focused entirely on one thing, resulting in crappy games. :(

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff