GT-AP 30 Followup - How to hook it up to the Mobo

Mr.Dingle

Oi LTT , me again with dem Typhoons . 

Mine arrived , and with my hearing still intact i decided to search around for ways to efficiently control the fan , and by pure accident , i discovered that a 4th pin can be soldered onto the fan , DIY style ...

So i searched around for that , and found this : http://www.overclockers.com/high-speed-gentle-typhoon-pwm-mod/ 

I have all the equipment ( soldering iron , paste , wires , heatshrink tubing and sleeve tubes )

I do have the general idea of how it should be done , but i ran into a roadblock :

post-96961-0-57553300-1437397974_thumb.j

Going by logic , the CHA FAN PWR (should) be the PWM output line , and the CHA FAN IN should be the RPM signal input to the motherboard . 

I am not sure of this , and the last thing i want is to send 12V thru the mobo , in the wrong place ...

This is how it should go : 

FAN :  RED Wire ( 12V Input ) >>>>> via 4 pin molex >>>>> PSU

BLACK Wire ( GND ) >>>>>>> via 4 pin molex >>>>> PSU    These two wires are the power delivery , bypassing the motherboard and going straight to the PSU . 

YELLOW Wire ( RPM Output ) >>>>>> 4 pin connector >>>>>> Motherboard 

WHITE Wire ( Addon wire , PWM input ) >>>>>> 4 pin connector >>>>> Motherboard 

What exact pins do the RPM and PWM outputs / inputs correspond to on the 4 pin fan connector ??

P.S , il be taking photos during the conversion , maybe if good enough , and if it works , put it in the guides thingy .. at least , till i can hear properly.

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

According to that pic from mobo manual, only CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT have true PWM. The pins always go same way, you just can't add PWM wire to be connected to power output. Chassis fan headers read +5V (whatever that means) which isn't same as PWM (compare to CPU_FAN).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

So PWM is only for the 2 CPU fans ? ( CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT ) 

Well that sucks .... even tho in the ASUS Suite thingy ( and BIOS ) you can switch between PWM / DC on ALL headers ... not just the 2 CPU ones 

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

NdQ1IjH.jpg

Welp , it works , after some experimenting . chassis fan#2 si the Gentle Typhoon , and even at that speed the only thing giving it away is the hum of air passing thru the vents . 

Im so impressed i ordered 2 more , so the 3 front fans will all be GTs ...  :lol:

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W