Best option for internet for an OTR truck driver.

BobbyG2

Hey there, I was researching options on options for internet for a pc in my truck, and was hoping you guys could help me out.

The two best I could find are from wifi hotspots from T-Mobile and Verizon. T-Mobile offers an 11gb 4glte plan for $70/month and no overage charges (I'll get throttled to 2g after that) Verizon offers higher data plans than that but they're really expensive. Their $70/month plan is 12gb and the overage rate is $15/gb.

I'm unfortunately not allowed to modify the truck, so satellite internet isn't allowed UNLESS it will work through the DirecTV dish that we're getting this week (I thought DirecTV had satellite internet but a quick look through their website looks like they partner with local internet companies for their internet bundles)

Does anyone know of any other good options for mobile internet for a truck? It will mostly just be used for online gaming, like WoW. I'll save the YouTube videos for my phone where I get unlimited data, and my downloading things (like game patches) for when I'm at truck stops. (even though their internet is usually slow lol)

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

where I get unlimited data

Why not just use this then instead of getting a hotspot? Also, who do you have unlimited data through?

COMIC SANS