You´r so lucky america

Filip1727

English is my second language, and yet I'm explaining it to someone who probably speaks it natively. Are there any other doubts on whether or not we should invest in our public education system?

:blink:

@naca1227

I don't know about Minnesota but here in Texas dem fighting words.  

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

He done there tried to steal my cattle.  :P

English rhetoric, gotta love it.

I never said that, now did I? I dislike the sport, and since it is widespread where I live, it is thus "painful."

English is my second language, and yet I'm explaining it to someone who probably speaks it natively. Are there any other doubts on whether or not we should invest in our public education system?

I don't personally think everyone in Texas is fat but that's what they're known for. Understand? 

Good lord, chill. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

:blink:

@naca1227

bCwpuYB.jpg 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

bCwpuYB.jpg

Looks like that owls been to Texas too too too many times.

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

Looks like that owls been to Texas too too too many times.

So many Chinese takeout restaurants. How can he resist? 

Fried rat is his favorite 

Come here to Minneapolis and enjoy below 30 with me. You'll love it! 

I have been to Rochester for 4 surgeries and got off the plane in February wearing shorts and tshirt and almost died..No thank you.. :)

So many Chinese takeout restaurants. How can he resist? 

Fried rat is his favorite 

How dare you sir don't insult the Texas Chinese Food 

Enguard!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahh yes America, where every middle class bloke who works at best buy can afford to have a awesome gaming rig. Even older workstations and gaming pc's seem to be almost given away where I live on the local craigslist

Now if you will excuse me I have check under my air mattress where I sleep on the floor of the attic next to my awesome gaming pc cause I sold my bed to buy an external ac unit to keep the pc cool for some change to buy 99 cent double cheeseburgers and all you can drink sugar-water that flows from a magic fountain.

Peasants...

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I have been to Rochester for 4 surgeries and got off the plane in February wearing shorts and tshirt and almost died..No thank you.. :)

Mayo clinic, best clinic 

How dare you sir don't insult the Texas Chinese Food 

Enguard!!!!!!!!!!!

kREccQY.jpg

It´s the same thing here in sweden :( I know how that feels bor :(

Bute we have free healt care!!!

You americans maybe dont know this. But When danich people talk it is like when swedish people talk except it sounds like the daish talks with porridge in their mouths.

And  it sounds like you're getting stabbed with a knife in the ass when you speak :)

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Hello guys im from sweden and i have noticed that everything is so cheap in the US. So please help me compare some Pc parts

Kr=Swedish crown.

1$=6,8 Kr

So you take the dollar and multyply it with 6,8 and you will get the swedish costs :)

All prices are the cheapest in the whole sweden (no sales)

i5 3570k: 1745kr 256$ 

Sapphire 7970 3015kr 443$ This: http://www.pixmania.se/se/se/12701061/art/sapphire-technology/radeon-hd-7970-vapor-x-gh.html?merch=1#srcid=910&key=Ez18dzYab2dRXyZVdU92InlIMwktN1RiGRNjR3dGaEcKAzAGHRBcUSFUcEsEWX9PRHQpLQ==&CodePromo=oui

Somone who want to compare anything more?

Everything is so cheap in the us like titan is a 1000$ card over there. Here in sweden it costst about 1323 $ And that is amongst the cheapest ones. 

So you have cheap stuff. 

Compare cost of living. A GTX 780 in AUS s 750, which is about 850 USD.  But their min wage is 18/hour above 21 USD where ours is 7.25. AUS is lucky, because they pay FAR less than US does for stuff.

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

Hello guys im from sweden and i have noticed that everything is so cheap in the US. So please help me compare some Pc parts

Kr=Swedish crown.

1$=6,8 Kr

So you take the dollar and multyply it with 6,8 and you will get the swedish costs :)

All prices are the cheapest in the whole sweden (no sales)

i5 3570k: 1745kr 256$ 

Sapphire 7970 3015kr 443$ This: http://www.pixmania.se/se/se/12701061/art/sapphire-technology/radeon-hd-7970-vapor-x-gh.html?merch=1#srcid=910&key=Ez18dzYab2dRXyZVdU92InlIMwktN1RiGRNjR3dGaEcKAzAGHRBcUSFUcEsEWX9PRHQpLQ==&CodePromo=oui

Somone who want to compare anything more?

Everything is so cheap in the us like titan is a 1000$ card over there. Here in sweden it costst about 1323 $ And that is amongst the cheapest ones. 

So you have cheap stuff. 

WOW Your minimum wage is equal to 19/hr where ours is 7.25/hour.  Why can't our stuff be this cheap???

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

I cant get over how cheap fuel is in the US, its about £0.61/litre over there, whereas here in the uk its £1.38/l here. And its much more expensive some other places in Europe too. Hoping to move across the pond after Uni.

http://www.bloomberg.com/visual-data/gas-prices/20132:United%20Kingdom:GBP:l

Careful though, the typical US petroleum you buy for those prices is rubbish, some as low as 83 RON :o

I cant get over how cheap fuel is in the US, its about £0.61/litre over there, whereas here in the uk its £1.38/l here. And its much more expensive some other places in Europe too. Hoping to move across the pond after Uni.

http://www.bloomberg.com/visual-data/gas-prices/20132:United%20Kingdom:GBP:l

Doesn't your fuel costs include the cost of road tax as well? Ireland is hovering around €1.60/litre (about the same price) but the cost of road tax is horrible.

€385 per year - 1.4L 

€710 per year - 2.0L

€906 per year - 2.1L

€1800 per year - >3.0L

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Cost of living aside, average wages in other countries are generally higher, but after the conversions things are far cheaper in many scenarios.

EX: GTX 780

USD: 650

AUS: 750 (673 USD)

23 bucks more.  My buddy at McDonalds makes 7.25/hr=1,160/month before healthcare taxes etc 

Friend works at McDonalds in AUS makes 16.23/hr(14.79 USD)=2366(USD) before taxes

For all intents and purposes, lets assume healthcare and taxes are 50% of wages.

2366/2=1183

1160/2=580

This is all converted to USD

1183-673=510

580-650= (-70)

Case and point, cost of living maybe higher, but electronics are still cheaper in average wages earned vs cost. AUS makes 2-2.2 times more than USD, but pays 5% more for electronics.  If cost of living scaled equally to be 2-2.2 times more than america, then a GTX 780 shuld cost 1300-1400 USD over in AUS, but it costs 673 USD in AUS.

not gonna read every single comment on this one :p

i'm from belgium, and belgium store prices, specially on high end stuff is just to stupid...
i can order from holland(the netherlands)online;  wich is actually just 20 min drive for me... a lot cheaper

but when you get high end parts you want some store service with it, so you kinda stuck with the prices from your "local" store, (i mean "local" because some people would go driver for a few hours to save some freakin" money :p)

this is really weird for me (because belgium is part of europe & uses the €) you think same coin, same money as other country with same coin and all.
drives me mad, but i get over it, but whenever i need a new part, i just freak out again :p

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

You have to remember that

1) America is quite poor (the average citizen that is) so that drives prices down.

2) We have value added tax (VAT for short, or "moms" if you're Swedish). That money is used to for example upgrade our infrastructure, free health care and so on. Things the US are pretty crap at.

It's the same if you look in other European countries as well.

World trade is a complex thing and there are so many variables I could not even begin to explain fully…

But I will give you an example:

A product manufactured in China is sold in UK retails for £19.99, the same product in the US retails $19.99

“Wow you’re so lucky America”

Facts:

The product in the example is sold at the same $ price FOB* to the UK & US retailers

The American retailers are making 30% more net profit than the UK retailers…

The main reasons:

One of the biggest price defences are caused by companies using agents or distributors that at their % to the price…

If I use an agent to sell into a retailer in a country I don’t deal with directly I can’t reduce the FOB price, but they have to put a cut on top before it even hits a retailer making it 5-25% more expensive from the get go…

Conclusion:

Manufactures do not go out of their way to make sure that people pay more in any county it’s just sometimes the way it works out with all the variables…

I know of many examples of US manufactures selling into the UK for price significantly lower than they offer their home market in an effort to reduce the extra costs but the UK retailer price even then can seem unfair…  

*FOB / “Free on Board" means that the seller fulfils his obligation to deliver when the goods have passed over the ship's rail at the named port of shipment. This means that the buyer has to bear all costs and risks of loss of or damage to the goods from that point.

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590