Open headphones under $150

AmbellinaThePrise

Hi! I'm looking at buying my first pair of good headphones to upgrade from the gaming headsets and cheap earbuds that i'm used to. I'm looking for something that works superbly for tracking heavy guitar(using a digital preamp into a focusrite scarlett 2i4)  has a fairly even balance leaning bright, With fairly tight bass,  strong mids, and very present high end that isn't too harsh. But is also great for competitive first person gaming.  I've mostly narrowed it down between the Sennheiser HD558's or the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700x's, but i'm not sure which to go for. the Sennheisers are about $30 cheaper, but the ad700x's are said to have a larger sound stage.  Nothing is set in stone as of yet, so feel free to suggest your personal favorites for me to check out.

I would prefer them to be easy to drive so I don't have to worry about an amp and/or DAC just yet, planning to be running off of my onboard audio for quite a while.

Thank you in advance!

CPU: i7 7700k @ 4.9GHz Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 RAM: 16 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 Case:Phanteks Evolv TG

AD700X sounds about right for your desired sound siggy.

ad700x

Thank you guys!

CPU: i7 7700k @ 4.9GHz Cooling: NZXT Kraken X62 RAM: 16 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 Case:Phanteks Evolv TG