Amazon Fake Discounts

Amazon is creating misleading sale prices. They are not decreasing the price of the product. What they do is display a higher "Previous" price and present the difference to the actual price as a discount.

One of many examples http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KPRWB9G?keywords=i5%204690k&qid=1437059238&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

That product has never even been that expensive http://pricespy.co.uk/product.php?pu=2677308

"You Save: £134.20 (44%)" No! You save nothing.

Amazon is not the only store that does this.

In my opinion this is just scam. Trying to fool people who didn't take the time to check what the product is actually worth.

I attached images in case the sale is over when you read this.

post-228183-0-99194800-1437060289_thumb.

post-228183-0-13303500-1437060293_thumb.

Amazon is creating misleading sale prices. They are not decreasing the price of the product. What they do is display a higher "Previous" price and present the difference to the actual price as a discount.

One of many examples http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KPRWB9G?keywords=i5%204690k&qid=1437059238&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

That product has never even been that expensive http://pricespy.co.uk/product.php?pu=2677308

"You Save: £134.20 (44%)" No! You save nothing.

Amazon is not the only store that does this.

In my opinion this is just scam. Trying to fool people who didn't take the time to check what the product is actually worth.

I attached images in case the sale is over when you read this.

You do realise that everyone knows about this right?

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

The oldest trick in the book, possibly older than the "1.99" thing

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

This is normal, I don't see why you are pointing it out. Many companies have been doing this for a long time. It is called marketing and making the customer feel better about spending their money since it was 'on sale'.

You didn't know? O.o

amnerd  B) Linux enthusiast. 

• CPU: Intel i5 4690k @3.5ghz  Motherboard: MSI U3 Plus Z97 GPU: Radeon R9 270x 2gb OC HDD: WD Green 3tb SDDs: Samsung 120gb, Kingston V300 120gb Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair V650 Fans: Corsair AF14 x4 CPU cooler: Hyper 212 EVO (Upgrading soon)     

I'm talking about this since Linus recommended buying from amazon in his video

"The Amazon Prime Day sale is tomorrow - Support us while you shop!" 

Is LMG okay with this petty marketing trick?

this si the RRP price. not the wprth of the item as we speak today

Glad you didn't post this in the News thread. It's all marketing, "Oh flooring is up to 70% off!"

Well no, they marked up the prices previous to the sale to make you think it's an amazing deal, when it's not. And it's not really a bad thing that they do this, as it's a smart tactic to get people to buy things, and if you're dumb enough to fall for it, than they're glad you did so.

Wanted Build: i5 4690K, Z97-A, Vengeance 16GB, Samsung 256GB SSD, 980TI, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX

Keyboard: Blackwidow Chroma Mouse: G502 Headset: Skullcandy PLYR 2 Phone: Samsung S6 Edge Tablet: iPad 2

Investing in becoming a Logitech fanboi?

There's rules and regulations on this, but depending on how they do it, it's perfectly legal. 

this si the RRP price. not the wprth of the item as we speak today

£300 is the RRP for a i5-4690K?

Literally everyone knows this is a thing and I don't see a riot happening.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

LTT is glad that people will use their affiliate code, as it brings money in their pockets to keep fueling out content. Why should they be mad at something when they are aware that exists? They continue to do this business with Amazon, as it helps both companies. Not only Amazon does this you know.

Wanted Build: i5 4690K, Z97-A, Vengeance 16GB, Samsung 256GB SSD, 980TI, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX

Keyboard: Blackwidow Chroma Mouse: G502 Headset: Skullcandy PLYR 2 Phone: Samsung S6 Edge Tablet: iPad 2

Investing in becoming a Logitech fanboi?

You didn't know? O.o

I did find out about this relatively recently TBH and finding more and more of these craptastic sales makes me hate capitalism :D

i just went to a local store, where every box is labeled with an orange (discount) price label. all year, every year.

i know they do this, and i stopped even thinking about it.

Okay.. I just wish that we wouldn't have to frigin research everything to find out the actual truth.

This is so old I remember when eBay used to be the best website to get stuff

Then Amazon happened

Kohls does this all the time. I remember going in there are one time and I don't remember seeing one thing that wasn't on sale. EVERYTHING was in sale. No it wasn't black Friday. Just a regualr day. They said that it was a winter sale or something like that. Then I go in a week ago and again, the same shit was on sale but now for the summer sale.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

Amazon is available in lots of countries and ships basically everywhere in the world, and it's like the most used store globally, so yeah they are ok with that like everyone.

That price it's probably set by a bot that looks for the highest price it can find in stores of your country, everyone knows about this, but their prices are good anyway so who cares.

Valve did it on GTA5 during the summer sale.

It was Rockstar Games itself that did that, but at least they included a DLC