(us) microcenter intel cpu's instore only

ColorfulShardMC

http://www.microcenter.com/category/4294966995,4294964566/Intel-Processors

i7-5820k are only 299.99!

pentium-k's are 49.99

(sorry if repost first time doing this posting a deal)

My Computer (Yet to be named)

Processor: Intel i7 5930k @ 4.4 Cooler: Corsair H100i Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-SLI RAM: 16GB EVGA 2666Mhz 4x4 Graphics Card: PNY Geforce GTX 980 ti  Storage: 1x Intel 730 240GB / 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB PSU: Corsair RM650 Case: NZXT S340 Monitor: Asus VG248QE Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013

Microcenter has great deals, but keep in mind tax. For Minnesota a 4690k is $200, but with tax its almost $240 which is roughly the same price as other places

Microcenter has great deals, but keep in mind tax. For Minnesota a 4690k is $200, but with tax its almost $240 which is roughly the same price as other places

seriously?
Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I'm seeing 4790k at $299.99 and the 5820K at $319.99.  However, I must say that i bought the G3258 for $49.99 three months ago from Microcenter, and the in store price has been the same ever since then.  The 4790K was 279.99 and the 5820K was 299.99 until a week ago when the raised the price $20. I'm expecting them to go down again soon. 

Minnesota has a 20% sales tax?  I'd expect the final total to be around $218-220.

I'm seeing 4790k at $299.99 and the 5820K at $319.99.  However, I must say that i bought the G3258 for $49.99 three months ago from Microcenter, and the in store price has been the same ever since then.  The 4790K was 279.99 and the 5820K was 299.99 until a week ago when the raised the price $20. I'm expecting them to go down again soon. 

Minnesota has a 20% sales tax?  I'd expect the final total to be around $218-220.

^ thats MB. its around $216. I bought the processor along with a bunch of other stuff so had to do some quick math lol. 

Why are there no microcenters in Arizona.....  :unsure:

Life's greatest gift is being remembered, or prehaps, the greatest curse for some. Only you can decide this outcome and never let anyone tell you otherwise.

This is true, but nothing new. I bought my 5820k at Microcenter for that price a half year ago.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

Nonsense.

Your tax rate in St. Louis Park, MN, where the Microcenter is located, is 7.25%   Source: http://www.sale-tax.com/SaintLouisParkMN

That means with tax that chip would cost you $214.50

5820K has always been at $300 as far as I can remember. I bought one myself for that much but without tax, that was a week after new years.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Pricing at microcenter has been like this for the better part of a decade

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I tried to get Tiger Direct to price match the i5-4690k but they said the price is below actual costs. The lowest they could do was $330. Are the margins that small on CPUs?

I tried to get Tiger Direct to price match the i5-4690k but they said the price is below actual costs. The lowest they could do was $330. Are the margins that small on CPUs?

NO!  All sellers use that line, and they lie when they use it.  Countless times it is used, despite evidence to the contrary.

For example, Microcenter has periodic sales on the better chip, the 4790K, which I bought twice, 6 months apart from each other, last year, once for $279.99 and the second time, this past January, for $249.99.

And that was back when the MSRP price was even higher.

All salesmen and people who sell stuff, lie all the time and say their cost is xyz, higher than it really is.  Which, by the way, is why salesmen as a class, have the bad reputation they earned, even though they are an absolutely necessary part of making the economic machine spin.

Car sales is even worse.

Just a quick update, Best Buy will honor these discounts as well. I picked up the i5 4690k for $199 and the salesman didn't even need manager approval.

holy crap 20% sales tax.

Also your math is off. 20% of $200 is $40.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

holy crap 20% sales tax.

Also your math is off. 20% of $200 is $40.

If you read the quote, you'll see that Bazerka said the total was around $240 with tax.  Also, note the question mark on the 20% tax thing. On a $199.99, i point out that $240 would have been 20% tax.  Obviously, that is way too high, so I was assuming 9-10%. Which would bring the total to $218-220.  My math was on point. ;)

NO!  All sellers use that line, and they lie when they use it.  Countless times it is used, despite evidence to the contrary.

For example, Microcenter has periodic sales on the better chip, the 4790K, which I bought twice, 6 months apart from each other, last year, once for $279.99 and the second time, this past January, for $249.99.

And that was back when the MSRP price was even higher.

All salesmen and people who sell stuff, lie all the time and say their cost is xyz, higher than it really is.  Which, by the way, is why salesmen as a class, have the bad reputation they earned, even though they are an absolutely necessary part of making the economic machine spin.

Car sales is even worse.

Well actually microcenter does sell CPUs at a loss some of the time. Their strategy is that when somebody comes in and buys a CPU, they will probably also buy some other parts, which microcenter does make money on.

It's pretty sweet living 20 minutes from a MicroCenter. B)

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

:/ advertizing really...

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

It's pretty sweet living 20 minutes from a MicroCenter. B)

Just a wee bit jelly of you :P

^ thats MB. its around $216. I bought the processor along with a bunch of other stuff so had to do some quick math lol. 

I was gonna say, "I complain about 9-10% sales tax, I feel bad for you! :P"

psh 7.5%-8%... you're lucky! 

Paterson MicroCenter has 3.5% sales tax.  It's wonderful.

Paterson MicroCenter has 3.5% sales tax.  It's wonderful.

yea 6% here in GA. im not complaining. half an hour and boom im in a somewhat tech-heaven

MOBO: GIGABYTE Z170 G1 GamingCPU: i7 6700k-GPU:ZOTAC 1070 AMP! EDITION-PSU: EVGA G2 SUPERNOVA 750 80G RAM: 16GB G. SKILLS RIPJAWS Z 2100STORAGE: 500gb SAMSUNG EVO SSD; WD BLACK 1TB- CPU COOLER: BE QUIET DARK ROCK  PRO 3 190W TDP.

I don't get how this is a hot deal.. I got a i7-4790k for $249.99 at Microcenter last December and I wouldn't be surprised if they've been selling CPUs at that sort of price for a much longer time.