Do I have to pay for Elementary OS?

Go to solution Solved by Snickerzz,

Nope, it won't show any download button, only a gray screen.

disable adblock.

direct DL link https://nyc3.dl.elementary.io/download/MTQzNjkzNzM3Ng==/elementaryos-freya-amd64.20150411.iso

It's Linux isn't it? Why do I only have the option to give $5, $10, $25, or a custom amount to download? Is this OS a paid version of Linux?

It's Linux isn't it? Why do I only have the option to give $5, $10, $25, or a custom amount to download? Is this OS a paid version of Linux?

by the looks its a paid version of Linux, I believe they can charge if they created something out of Linux

by the looks its a paid version of Linux, I believe they can charge if they created something out of Linux

Really?! The one other Linux distro I like and it costs money. I really want this OS, but I don't even have a PayPal or even a gift card with $1 lying around.

No, just set the custom amount to 0 and you can download it.

It's free. Just put "0" in the custom amount. Not sure if it's supposed to be free but yeah, that works lol

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Really?! The one other Linux distro I like and it costs money. I really want this OS, but I don't even have a PayPal or even a gift card with $1 lying around.

further inspection6ef763089165dab03fb74938c4a6fe5c.png

It's free. Just put "0" in the custom amount. Not sure if it's supposed to be free but yeah, that works lol

No, just set the custom amount to 0 and you can download it.

disable adblock.

direct DL link https://nyc3.dl.elementary.io/download/MTQzNjkzNzM3Ng==/elementaryos-freya-amd64.20150411.iso

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I didn't have AdBlock in the first place, but thank you, thank you, thank you! Now I can run it instead of Ubuntu.

It is ubuntu

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

People should not expect to get Linux for free imo, if you really enjoy a distribution I feel like users can afford to donate a few bucks. The Elementary team got allot of backlash from this and they lost allot of user activity because of it. At the same time they have also gotten more donations and they have a Patreon.

Lord of Helium.

It is ubuntu

I know I just got it because it's prettier.

People should not expect to get Linux for free imo, if you really enjoy a distribution I feel like users can afford to donate a few bucks. The Elementary team got allot of backlash from this and they lost allot of user activity because of it. At the same time they have also gotten more donations and they have a Patreon.

I was going to donate, but as I said I don't have a PayPal orgift card with a few bucks on it lying aorund.

I was going to donate, but as I said I don't have a PayPal orgift card with a few bucks on it lying aorund.

Oh yeah definitely, I would love to donate also but college expenses are rough enough without donating my food money. They understand that and that's why they still offer it for free.

Lord of Helium.