[US-Microcenter] EVGA 970 for $143.35 (In-Store Only)

The Pizza Thief

Yeah, that's the bad part about it D:

I'll try staples and office depot. I had no idea they sell GPUs, but will report back

I'm not sure if they do but when frys had the H100i for $50 I read some people got it price matched at staples/office depot (can't remember which one) so they have some PC parts atleast.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I don't mind buying it at newegg and then doing the iron egg guarantee thing.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

do u think it will be possible to price match this deal tomorrow?

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

How did you stumble across this deal? I just called my local Microcenter and they said the SKU/UPC for your ad is nowhere to be found on their database, and they've been receiving calls all day about it. If you search for the card on the website, the deal doesn't show: only cards that are $350+ are provided...

I don't mind buying it at newegg and then doing the iron egg guarantee thing.

I'm fairly certain the offer can't have been up at the time of purchase to get the iron egg guarantee.

"Competitor's Price must be advertised after you bought..."

Awesome! Now I just have to run down to the Microcenter that's nearest to me, which is about...

SHIT, IT'S OVER 3000 MILES AWAY! BETTER GET OUT THE OL' JETSKI!

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

So does best buy price match this? They have them in stock at my local store???

Rest in Pepperoni

After just getting rushed for half price 980s? Good luck! Newegg won't match that. Had to be available for immediate shipping and above their inventory costs. Big risk unless buying one anyways

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

How did you stumble across this deal? I just called my local Microcenter and they said the SKU/UPC for your ad is nowhere to be found on their database, and they've been receiving calls all day about it. If you search for the card on the website, the deal doesn't show: only cards that are $350+ are provided...

Really it's the first link on google.

https://www.google.com/search?q=is+microcenter+having+a+sale+on+the+gx+970%3F&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb#channel=sb&q=is+microcenter+having+a+sale+on+the+gtx+970?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Just tried the Best Buy at Grove City in Ohio, was a no-go. Most stores wised up after that 980 debacle. Sure, some stores might still be stupid enough to try it, but most of them are aware. I even asked the guy how many people came in for the 980, and he said quite a few. Luckily for them, that specific 980 was a marketplace item, and they did not sell it at that location in store.

If you are doing this to get a 970 for yourself, by all means, get the best deal you can. However, if you are buying several 970's for the sake of reselling them, that is a pretty uncool thing to do.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Just tried the Best Buy at Grove City in Ohio, was a no-go. Most stores wised up after that 980 debacle. Sure, some stores might still be stupid enough to try it, but most of them are aware. I even asked the guy how many people came in for the 980, and he said quite a few. Luckily for them, that specific 980 was a marketplace item, and they did not sell it at that location in store.

If you are doing this to get a 970 for yourself, by all means, get the best deal you can. However, if you are buying several 970's for the sake of reselling them, that is a pretty uncool thing to do.

What about if your buying a 970  to give to the winner of the giveaway you created on this forum? Is that ok? Also you live really close to me lol.

What about if your buying a 970  to give to the winner of the giveaway you created on this forum? Is that ok? Also you live really close to me lol.

Yeah, buying for someone else is an entirely different scenario. Costing a company money, just to profit off of a mistake they made is pretty terrible. If you are buying it to use it, you are only hurting their profit margin from it. If you are buying it to sell, you are not only hurting their profit margin off that item, you are also potentially costing them another customer in the process. While both scenario's is probably frowned upon, one is the lesser of two evils. Seeing as you will be doing so for a charitable reason, karma should even out pretty nicely for you.

And yeah, we are pretty close. I noticed that the last time you mentioned OSU. 

Yeah, buying for someone else is an entirely different scenario. Costing a company money, just to profit off of a mistake they made is pretty terrible. If you are buying it to use it, you are only hurting their profit margin from it. If you are buying it to sell, you are not only hurting their profit margin off that item, you are also potentially costing them another customer in the process. While both scenario's is probably frowned upon, one is the lesser of two evils. Seeing as you will be doing so for a charitable reason, karma should even out pretty nicely for you.

And yeah, we are pretty close. I noticed that the last time you mentioned OSU. 

Nice.

O-H-I-O-WHITE1.gif

Clearing stock for 1080/1070?

Choo Choo, make way for the hype train

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Clearing stock for 1080/1070?

Choo Choo, make way for the hype train

More like, Microcenter is just clearing EVGA only items from their store. I spoke with a lady the other day about the 980, and she said "we no longer carry that brand". I thought at first, they no longer carried reference designs, but after seeing yet another EVGA item make the same pricing mistake, i assume they meant EVGA as a whole.

Nice.

O-H-I-O-WHITE1.gif

Didn't know there's a bunch of techies from OH on this community lol.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

brb

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

More like, Microcenter is just clearing EVGA only items from their store. I spoke with a lady the other day about the 980, and she said "we no longer carry that brand". I thought at first, they no longer carried reference designs, but after seeing yet another EVGA item make the same pricing mistake, i assume they meant EVGA as a whole.

Microcenter just make an exclusive deal with EVGA, i doubt relations would go south that fast

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Micro Center at Tustin Can said it's a glitch in the network and site. They don't sell for that cheap

Noooooooooooooo!

This can't be happening. Damn it all...! Why couldn't a Microcenter be near me? Why? :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

This is some kind of mistake.

The info shows on microcenter site is for 970 original ACX (1.0 ?)

SKU 450064

Mfr Part# 04G-P4-0974-KR

UPC 843368032227

as of for now, no retailer is carrrying it.

Just came back from Frys and BestBuy, they won't pricematch with ACX 2.0 for any version since they're different models.

Go home boys, false alert.

they will at the 3  near me heading to one as soon as im done posting this over the phone gave them the sku and they said they have it for the 143 price so time to do tri sli =)  for anyone who can beat me to it the queens store has 5 atm 1 is open box

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

they will at the 3  near me heading to one as soon as im done posting this over the phone gave them the sku and they said they have it for the 143 price so time to do tri sli =)  for anyone who can beat me to it the queens store has 5 atm 1 is open box

You called best buy, directed them to an out of stock webpage (Their price match guarantee does not cover out of stock items) and they said they would price match it? I find that pretty hard to believe. However, if they did, you got lucky. Clearly that employee does not care about their job if they follow through on that.

I don't have any Microcenters by me but went to my Best Buy and I found a cool dude who really wanted me to get the deal/a nice manager. They couldn't price match because it says it's out of stock at every store. The manager said she "didn't want me to leave disappointed" and offered to take $100 off the price. So I walked out with a 970 for $250. Not as good as that deal but still way better than I would have found anywhere else. Glad I found this thread!