[US-Microcenter] EVGA 970 for $143.35 (In-Store Only)

The Pizza Thief

Btw this is definitely an error in some way. I called Microcenter and the SKU is for a discontinued item.

they will at the 3  near me heading to one as soon as im done posting this over the phone gave them the sku and they said they have it for the 143 price so time to do tri sli =)  for anyone who can beat me to it the queens store has 5 atm 1 is open box

Lucky you!!

You called best buy, directed them to an out of stock webpage (Their price match guarantee does not cover out of stock items) and they said they would price match it? I find that pretty hard to believe. However, if they did, you got lucky. Clearly that employee does not care about their job if they follow through on that.

Really? I just googled it again, not using the link I provided in the OP and still, It is NOT out of stock.

I don't have any Microcenters by me but went to my Best Buy and I found a cool dude who really wanted me to get the deal/a nice manager. They couldn't price match because it says it's out of stock at every store. The manager said she "didn't want me to leave disappointed" and offered to take $100 off the price. So I walked out with a 970 for $250. Not as good as that deal but still way better than I would have found anywhere else. Glad I found this thread!

Glad I could help, yes I can only imagine that, but still... they haven't updated their website.

Lucky you!!

Really? I just googled it again, not using the link I provided in the OP and still, It is NOT out of stock.

You have to select a local store. Every store that i select has it listed as out of stock. I tried every store on the list (even stores not in my state).

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Dammit really want to get this but live all the way down here in NZ :/ 

Best Buy denied me because they didn't have the exact number (like BS, they're all practically the same anyways), and Staples won't either.

I know right, we should just look up the number from their store and tell them that is the number...

hahahahah Home Depot :D

But no :( the staples I called had no GPUs in stock. The other Staples' were closed

Just realized what I said haha, I've been doing some upgrades to my home lately with home depot stuff I think that's why I messed it up. Sorry to hear that, maybe tomorrow they'll update the webpage. Either way, PRIME DAY starts at midnight so I'm hoping to see some heavy discounts.

You have to select a local store. Every store that i select has it listed as out of stock. I tried every store on the list (even stores not in my state).

I got ya, that's a shame. I can only hope for prime day to be a success.

For all you people who are sad you're missing out... Trust me, you're not. You have to be pretty lucky and/or deal with an incompetent employee to actually get it to work. From what I've seen first hand and from others, they only price match if it's the same model and/or if it's in stock at Microcenter.    

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

That's what I'm hoping for. I'm praying the 290 will be under $200 brand new. If so, that would be a dream come true

I'm hoping to see a 980ti come down in price, if there is a good deal in a x99 motherboard and the 5820K I will be buying them to start a x99 build and with good luck sell my current build. https://pcpartpicker.com/b/BjBPxr

LOL AND IM GOING TO MICROCENTER TOMORROW ANYWAY LETS GO BOIS IMA TRY AND GET ONE

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Good luck!

I know exactly what I can do as well, when I built my PC originally, I purchased a majority of the parts from them, and when they sold me my 770, they offered a plan for an extra couple of bucks that says "when youre ready to come back and get a newer generation card, we'll give you the worth of your current card towards a new one."

Basically I can probably go in their tomorrow and walk out with a "free" 970 if I bring them my 770.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Didn't know there's a bunch of techies from OH on this community lol.

I'm included in that list :P

OT - I doubt Best Buy is going to fall for this again. And if they do, you must be really lucky.

I don't understand what Microcenter's doing that they keep pulling these prices out of their ass.

I know exactly what I can do as well, when I built my PC originally, I purchased a majority of the parts from them, and when they sold me my 770, they offered a plan for an extra couple of bucks that says "when youre ready to come back and get a newer generation card, we'll give you the worth of your current card towards a new one."

Basically I can probably go in their tomorrow and walk out with a "free" 970 if I bring them my 770.

That is one sweet deal, I wish I lived near a center, the nearest one is south of LA and I'm south of San Diego u,u

I don't understand what Microcenter's doing that they keep pulling these prices out of their ass.

Marketing strategy? They make everybody talk about them and check their prices, they control the stock they have so they don't really sell a lot of the product advertised at a super low price.

got one of them =) but it was fucking doa dam fans dont spin at all card hit 100c. dam thing probly needs a bios/some update dont feel like screwing with it atm its late .some one else there was looking for a gpu had no clue what he was looking at let him  get the 2 others they had  . so i pray they let me exchange  it tomorrow  btw got it at microcenter .

You called best buy, directed them to an out of stock webpage (Their price match guarantee does not cover out of stock items) and they said they would price match it? I find that pretty hard to believe. However, if they did, you got lucky. Clearly that employee does not care about their job if they follow through on that.

bestbuy doesnt even carry it near me  went to the best brick and mortar store micro center . the bestbuy near me got screwed big time with the 980 fuck up 15 cards in 1 hour after people found out . they wouldnt even say how many they got screwed on .

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

Marketing strategy? They make everybody talk about them and check their prices, they control the stock they have so they don't really sell a lot of the product advertised at a super low price.

from what the manager at the store said its either  someone at corporate screws up . or the computer system thinks its something else and marks it down if it doesn't sell in blank time  it was listed from there end as a thermal paste the gtx 970 card which is really stupid

edit for some reason i cant edit my post above this one the quote and my stuff after it just wont save changes

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

from what the manager at the store said its either  someone at corporate screws up . or the computer system thinks its something else and marks it down if it doesn't sell in blank time  it was listed from there end as a thermal paste the gtx 970 card which is really stupid

edit for some reason i cant edit my post above this one the quote and my stuff after it just wont save changes

That makes a little more sense, but still, how come they don't update the site?

Best Buy doesn't have an exact match. Was so excited though. :<

Anybody find a place that will price match this?