I need a: "how to change firefox startup page toturial", please.

I am not looking for the option to change my HOME PAGE, the one you get directed to after clicking the "house"-like button.

Instead my Firefox opens:

I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIVENESS FOR WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU OR YOUR PC AFTER YOU CLICKED THIS LINK AND I DO NOT ASK YOU TO DO SO!!!

http://www.mystartsearch.com/?type=sc&ts=1436548066&z=2a0da789662cd4f78bd0108g7zecaqaw6zfb8e6w9q&from=wpc&uid=SamsungXSSDX840XSeries_S14GNEBCB37838N

I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIVENESS FOR WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU OR YOUR PC AFTER YOU CLICKED THIS LINK AND I DO NOT ASK YOU TO DO SO!!!

This page which is clearly scam and or cause by adware is the only tab opened if I start firefox. Before things happened I had it set to "google.com".

I scanned my PC and removed all adware before but this seems to be waht is left over.

please help.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Hold shift when opening Firefox.

Just change the startup page back to google. You probably downloaded adware, it changed the startup page and then you removed the adware, but that didn't reset that startup page. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I also like using about:newtab if you want a list of most visited sites when you launch it

Get chrome

Never ;-p

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804

Download Malware bytes to remove all that shit off your pc

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Get chrome

and now an helfpul answer, please...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

Just change the startup page back to google. You probably downloaded adware, it changed the startup page and then you removed the adware, but that didn't reset that startup page. 

Just do this and that...

OK.

Where do I do that?

I have already searched the options and I am obviously to dumb to find it. Why is nobody getting the meaning of toturial <--- step by step in lames terms, please.

3.Use

thanks for reading all the

shit

I wrote, you ... You are not going to make me swear right here, good sir.

3.Use

thanks for reading all the

I wrote, you ... You are not going to make me swear right here, good sir.

the COC says i'm pretty sure that you can swear but not in large amounts.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

the COC says i'm pretty sure that you can swear but not in large amounts.

The CoC is not my problem here. I just do not want to get down on your level because I feal as if this is really inapropriate right here.

3.Use

As long as you are using it not to directly insult someone im pretty sure it's fine.

it was not direct so im pretty sure im ok

Join da discord 

Spoiler

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Just do this and that...

OK.

Where do I do that?

I have already searched the options and I am obviously to dumb to find it. Why is nobody getting the meaning of toturial <--- step by step in lames terms, please.

Can you do the following please?

Click on "Tools" in the menu bar along the top of the window and then click on "Options" (Firefox may have an orange button in the top left, if this is the case then click on that and then look for "Options" in the list available)

If you're using the most recent version of Firefox then a new tab will open with all of the options contained within it. Look in the General section for the text box with the words "Home Page" next to it. In this box type without quotes "about:home" and the text should change to an italicised font with the words "Mozilla Firefox Start Page"

Now change the drop down list that is next to the words "When Firefox Starts" to the option titled "Show my home page" if it is different and then restart your browser to see if the changes have taken effect.

You're really not having much luck with these forums because of all the stupid that seems to have crawled out of the woodwork lately are you? I'm sorry that so many morons seem to think that "change it to default" is actually helping.

CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz | MB: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz | GPU: XFX DD R9 390 | Case: Fractal Design Define S | Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Click here to help feed our lasses Pokemon

it was not direct so im pretty sure im ok

I am not saying youd did somehting prohibited

BUT

I am saying that your insensitive and impolite and you should seriously reconcider your way of expressing yourself in written form

BECAUSE this:

neither is a competent nor respectful way of communicate, no matter if you are "just" online or in reality spitting these phrases in peoples' faces.

3.Use

If you're using the most recent version of Firefox then a new tab will open with all of the options contained within it. Look in the General section for the text box with the words "Home Page" next to it. In this box type without quotes "about:home" and the text should change to an italicised font with the words "Mozilla Firefox Start Page"

Now change the drop down list that is next to the words "When Firefox Starts" to the option titled "Show my home page" if it is different and then restart your browser to see if the changes have taken effect.

As I type the "e" in "about:home" the whole phrase disappears so I left it set to http://www.google.com

It is already set to "show my home page"

Infact my problem is not the start page. That is as said above google.com but the page shown when I start firefox. It seems to be changable individually in the firefoxes code because thos e two are clearly different.

Instead I might try setting in to "show las session" option (or however called; had to mediate from german ---> english)

3.Use

You're really not having much luck with these forums because of all the stupid that seems to have crawled out of the woodwork lately are you? I'm sorry that so many morons seem to think that "change it to default" is actually helping.

Have you restarting it yet? ... Oh, yes of course you did. And unplugging? (insert mega-atomic-facepalm-of-total-extinction-and-destruction-of-the-whole-universe)

3.Use

I am not looking for the option to change my HOME PAGE, the one you get directed to after clicking the "house"-like button.

Instead my Firefox opens:

[url SNIPPED FOR SECURITY]

This page which is clearly scam and or cause by adware is the only tab opened if I start firefox. Before things happened I had it set to "google.com".

I scanned my PC and removed all adware before but this seems to be waht is left over.

please help.

Hey, so I've got a serious answer for you. Let's begin:

First, I always recommend running MalwareBytes and ADWCleaner when dealing with any malware infection or browser problem.

You can click on the bold names above to be taken to their respective download pages.

If this doesn't work, the steps below may or may not help your situation.

RESET YOUR HOMEPAGE/STARTUP PAGES

The first thing is to change the your homepage to Google or something.

Also make sure that When firefox Starts: Show My Home Page is selected.

Firefox-Options-Window_thumb.png

CHECK FOR ROGUE ADDONS/PLUGINS

Next, I go into Addons and disable or REMOVE any addons I don't need.

Even if you clear your PC of malware using MalwareBytes, often some addons are left behind.

Firefox4AddonsManagerUI.png

INSPECT YOUR ABOUT:CONFIG SETTINGS

My last step before completely gutting the browser and reinstalling it from scratch is to use about:config

Type about:config into Firefox's address bar, ignore the scary warning, and use the search box to search for the following:

url - any entry that has been modified will be BOLD. Right-Click and Reset any suspicious looking URL's.

search - same deal here. Right-Cclick and Reset suspicious looking URL's.

home - same again. you know the drill. technically you can reset everything in BOLD.

Fx14aboutconfig.png

Hopefully this has helped you. If not, give me a shout back and we can work on it some more. Ultimately if you're stuck, and you trust me, I have no problem remoting in to your PC and trying to fix it myself. I fix silly malware problems and user errors for a living at my day job, so there's that.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Hey, so I've got a serious answer for you. Let's begin:

First, I always recommend running MalwareBytes and ADWCleaner when dealing with any malware infection or browser problem.

You can click on the bold names above to be taken to their respective download pages.

If this doesn't work, the steps below may or may not help your situation.

RESET YOUR HOMEPAGE/STARTUP PAGES

The first thing is to change the your homepage to Google or something.

Also make sure that When firefox Starts: Show My Home Page is selected.

-snip-

CHECK FOR ROGUE ADDONS/PLUGINS

Next, I go into Addons and disable or REMOVE any addons I don't need.

Even if you clear your PC of malware using MalwareBytes, often some addons are left behind.

-snip-

INSPECT YOUR ABOUT:CONFIG SETTINGS

My last step before completely gutting the browser and reinstalling it from scratch is to use about:config

Type about:config into Firefox's address bar, ignore the scary warning, and use the search box to search for the following:

url - any entry that has been modified will be BOLD. Right-Click and Reset any suspicious looking URL's.

search - same deal here. Right-Cclick and Reset suspicious looking URL's.

home - same again. you know the drill. technically you can reset everything in BOLD.

-snip-

Hopefully this has helped you. If not, give me a shout back and we can work on it some more. Ultimately if you're stuck, and you trust me, I have no problem remoting in to your PC and trying to fix it myself. I fix silly malware problems and user errors for a living at my day job, so there's that.

Malwarebytes ran through and I consider my PC "clean" now.

Reset your homepage/startup pages.

Done. Did not help.

I had it set to show my homepage which is google.com and it still shows the ads page.

then I set it to "show tabs and wesbites from last session"... It opens the old tabs and adds another tab containing the ads page.

Addons

Everything deleted that I did not have before the adware happened. In case you wonder: Adblock, Avira Safsearch, better battlelog, ghostery and NoScript.

About:config

I already inspected the config file and removed the suspicious URLs (were about 6 that were similar to the page I am always directed to).

checked all keywords you gave me sorted by status and scanned for these URLs but nothing cought my eye.

I hasve had some adware problems before and I know that a reinstallation (of the browser) is not a solution but instead you need some tool/ delete specific things. I'd have no problem with whiping my whole browser so... what about that. As long as I get a clean adware free browser even if it is reset to the most basic "fabrication settings" I would be happy.

Thanks for your detailed, competent and friendly answer. I am hope to see you some more on the forum.

3.Use