144hz monitor - Csgo

kiszek15

Hello everyone, I am currently a gamer that plays csgo and many other fps games. I currently also have a 60hz monitor and the 60hz just doesn't cut it for fps gaming. I am looking to buy a 144hz monitor that works well and that the csgo pros use and or is specialized for fps gaming. Help

Me out and thanks.

Hello everyone, I am currently a gamer that plays csgo and many other fps games. I currently also have a 60hz monitor and the 60hz just doesn't cut it for fps gaming. I am looking to buy a 144hz monitor that works well and that the csgo pros use and or is specialized for fps gaming. Help

Me out and thanks.

if you want you could try free-sync or g-sync to 

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

its nice I like it, good price also

The only thing is that the colors are pretty washed on but if you play with the settings you can fix it easy to your liking.

The only thing is that the colors are pretty washed on but if you play with the settings you can fix it easy to your liking.

Getting an IPS monitor with 144Hz is expensive though.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

do u play on a 128 tick server? if u don't, the effect of having an 144hz monitor is minimal. cause on 64 tick server, 64 is the max frame u can get per second.

I've used a ROG swift abit and I must say its still one of the best 144hz monitors i think

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Me out and thanks.

We could argue as to how exactly 60hz aren't cut out for shooters.

:rolleyes:

Me out and thanks.

1080p or 1440?

I'm going to punch your face- IN THE FACE.

do u play on a 128 tick server? if u don't, the effect of having an 144hz monitor is minimal. cause on 64 tick server, 64 is the max frame u can get per second.

Why is that? It's the server not the monitor. Explain :P

Getting an IPS monitor with 144Hz is expensive though.

Very. I didn't bother with one. With a little customization in the monitors menu I got everything set up quite nice.

Why is that? It's the server not the monitor. Explain :P

It's how many packets of info are sent between you and the server each second.

If let's say you send one packet each frame, and the server runs at 64 ticks, you are fine.

If you are running 144hz, yet the server still only refreshes 64 times, most of the frames you have on your screen won't actually output a command to the server.

144-64=80

Basically ends up you having those extra 80 frames that you can clearly see and distinguish, invalid because the server doesn't care for whatever happens in the period those frames run.

P.S. - Generally this is what is wrong with Battlefield's netcode. The tick rate is 30, meaning that half of the frames for people playing at 60fps are basically smoke and mirrors.

perhaps the BenQ XL2420Z

also note that 144 wont make you better, you can easily be global elite on 60 hz

144 is required for tier 1 level matches, and thats about it

im not saying dont upgrade, but just making sure you dont think refresh rate is holding you back

It's how many packets of info are sent between you and the server each second.

If let's say you send one packet each frame, and the server runs at 64 ticks, you are fine.

If you are running 144hz, yet the server still only refreshes 64 times, most of the frames you have on your screen won't actually output a command to the server.

144-64=80

Basically ends up you having those extra 80 frames that you can clearly see and distinguish, invalid because the server doesn't care for whatever happens in the period those frames run.

P.S. - Generally this is what is wrong with Battlefield's netcode. The tick rate is 30, meaning that half of the frames for people playing at 60fps are basically smoke and mirrors.

How many packets of information between the client and the server send and recieve are different between you and the client. You will still have a full 144Hz refresh rate to the client, what the client transmits to the server is irrelevant. It's a different technology. Exactly, the same reason why 144Hz isn't just for multiplayer games. You are getting your tech confused.

This is how it works. Your refresh rate is the amount of times your monitor can refresh. 60Hz will be able to display only 60 frames per second at the most, any higher and the monitor will not display it so it's just wasted GPU power. If you get a 144Hz monitor you can display the full 144 fps your GPU is capable of. (Most modern GPUs in the case of CS:GO)

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

How many packets of information between the client and the server send and recieve are different between you and the client. You will still have a full 144Hz refresh rate to the client, what the client transmits to the server is irrelevant. It's a different technology. Exactly, the same reason why 144Hz isn't just for multiplayer games. You are getting your tech confused.

But what is the point of you inputting commands to the client at such a rate, when the client cannot communicate with the server at the same or at least similar speed?

But what is the point of you inputting commands to the client at such a rate, when the client cannot communicate with the server at the same or at least similar speed?

Visuals, and reduction of latency between you and the client. It still reduces the latency between you and the client, but not the client and server. They're completely separate. Also, you can tell the difference by a massive amount between 60Hz and 144Hz.

I updated my post btw.

ASUS VG248QE

Stop finding stupid excuses for being bad at a game and go train. A 144hz monitor will make no difference if you can't reach 145 fps consistently with a cap. Tf2 pros many times play on 60hz and if you look at their screens you can't understand what's happening.

Multiplayer gaming is more about prediction and thinking than your MLG point and click adventures.

Visuals, and reduction of latency between you and the client. It still reduces the latency between you and the client, but not the client and server. They're completely separate. Also, you can tell the difference by a massive amount between 60Hz and 144Hz.

I updated my post btw.

True, true - particularly in the case of CS:GO, it would matter because of the high tick rate capabilities of the servers anyway, and the need for precision in that shooter.

As for games such as Battlefield 4 though, you will simply end up with a smoother experience - only on your end.

Trade kills, rounded corner kills, false markers - will still be present, sadly.

Limitations of servers and the Frostbite engine I guess.

True, true - particularly in the case of CS:GO, it would matter because of the high tick rate capabilities of the servers anyway, and the need for precision in that shooter.

As for games such as Battlefield 4 though, you will simply end up with a smoother experience - only on your end.

Trade kills, rounded corner kills, false markers - will still be present, sadly.

Limitations of servers and the Frostbite engine I guess.

It still makes a difference. There is no bottleneck, it's client latency + server latency. So if you eliminate client latency your overall latency is still reduced. You are not limited by the server when it's client sided. On BF4 for example, I notice a huge difference and responsiveness with my current monitor compared to my old one which was not as fast.

It still makes a difference. There is no bottleneck, it's client latency + server latency. So if you eliminate client latency your overall latency is still reduced. You are not limited by the server when it's client sided. On BF4 for example, I notice a huge difference and responsiveness with my current monitor compared to my old one which was not as fast.

My point is that, unless you nearly eliminate the client + user latency, BF4 still behaves really badly due to it's poor client + server latency.

But then again, I haven't had much time to game on a 144hz screen, so it might just be me.

My point is that, unless you nearly eliminate the client + user latency, BF4 still behaves really badly due to it's poor client + server latency.

But then again, I haven't had much time to game on a 144hz screen, so it might just be me.

Obviously server sided issues will still be there but it doesn't mean you can't improve client side. Also, BF4 client is really good now, pretty sure they updated it to 120Hz tic rate now.

Obviously server sided issues will still be there but it doesn't mean you can't improve client side. Also, BF4 client is really good now, pretty sure they updated it to 120Hz tic rate now.

Any source on the 120 tick rate in BF4?

Latest updates brought this cone in front of the player, that increased from 30 to 60 ticks at a certain distance, to improve hit detection.

But I've nowhere read about a 120 tick rate yet implemented.

Any source on the 120 tick rate in BF4?

Latest updates brought this cone in front of the player, that increased from 30 to 60 ticks at a certain distance, to improve hit detection.

But I've nowhere read about a 120 tick rate yet implemented.

http://mp1st.com/2015/05/13/dice-la-introduces-120hz-tickrate-to-battlefield-4-cte-aka-really-good-netcode/

Pretty sure it was released to live already, maybe not though.

Erm, server tick rate and frames are independent from each other lol