Is Windows 8 good now

UNuniQueLY

Ok so I want to give windows 8 a try on my super budget system i'm going to make because I can move it went I build my expensive system. My question is windows 8 good now I know the majority of people hated it went it came out but has it improve or does it look like the os will become good over time or is it doom.

with startisback it is really good.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Windows 8 is better than Windows 7. 

Get it if you don't mind the formatting. Otherwise, stick with 7.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It's actually pretty good, and most of the hate was just bandwagon and from power/professional users losing or having some features changed.

Install StartIsBack and enjoy your Windows 8 experience.

But if you don't mind me asking. If it's a "super budget system" wouldn't the OS be a great place to safe some money? You can get Ubuntu or Mint for free

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

But if you don't mind me asking. If it's a "super budget system" wouldn't the OS be a great place to safe some money? You can get Ubuntu or Mint for free

I'm thinking using Ubuntu too and haven't heard of mint.

You can get windows 8 for small fee of a few mouse clicks, too.

You can get windows 8 for small fee of a few mouse clicks, too.

If you mean free I don't do that.

I'm thinking using Ubuntu too and haven't heard of mint.

Like Ubuntu, Mint is s Linux based system. I prefer Mint over Ubuntu because you can get it with the Cinamon Desktop as default

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

nothing says safe like operating systems from the wonderful people at PirateBay

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Was never a problem with Windows 8 from the get go, people are just anal about not having a start menu, must of which had never even used Windows 8 or if they had they had a very limited time with it.

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Was never a problem with Windows 8 from the get go, people are just anal about not having a start menu, must of which had never even used Windows 8 or if they had they had a very limited time with it.

It doesn't matter for this build but I heard some games are bad on windows 8.

UNuniQueLY, on 29 Jul 2013 - 12:15 AM, said:

It doesn't matter for this build but I heard some games are bad on windows 8.

Well in my experience, everything that runs in Windows 7 runs just as well if not better in Windows 8.

Edited: Btw, I've been using it since launch day...

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

I love Windows 8 Professional. I had literally NO problems running whatever crap or game I had running on Windows 7 on 8. Hell Windows 8 boots faster, runs games smoother, and is overall a good experience. Don't fall into the bandwagon, Windows 8 is a great OS that still has yet to grow

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

People that get worked up about the start menu being gone in windows 8 don't realize how pointless it really was.

Everything you would want it to do you can do much faster with more options in windows 8.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Had windows 8 now for a month, i play all my games fine! 

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

People that get worked up about the start menu being gone in windows 8 don't realize how pointless it really was.

Everything you would want it to do you can do much faster with more options in windows 8.

Exactly, it's actually much easier to do thing than it was before, and you can do so much more.

Had windows 8 now for a month, i play all my games fine! 

I'm able to run games on my craptop that I wasn't able to before, so i'm really happy about that.

Windows 8 has always been good, people just hate change.. The thing about Windows 8 is that, the new start menu is very useless, so just get 8Start and you got an awesome OS.

Exactly, it's actually much easier to do thing than it was before, and you can do so much more.

I'm able to run games on my craptop that I wasn't able to before, so i'm really happy about that.

to run 'better' games its all hardware wise.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

I hope so, 

I just bought 2 licenses for my main PC and main Laptop.

Also bought Startisback so no annoying metro start up for me

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Windows 8 has always been good, people just hate change.. The thing about Windows 8 is that, the new start menu is very useless, so just get 8Start and you got an awesome OS.

I actually like the start screen, I just keep it up on my secondary monitor, which works better on Win 8.1 than it does in 8.0.

to run 'better' games its all hardware wise.

Windows 8 takes up less resources in some areas, so I'm actually able to take advantage of those now available resources..