G402 a good buy with G240?

Rayhaan Jiwani

Hello Forum,

As you guys read in the title, my dad said that I could get a new mouse with the money my relatives have given me. My choice is the Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury with the Logitech G240 Mouse Mat. I also might get headphones but they should cost less than Rs. 1000 and should be available on Amazon.in. I'd also prefer the headphones be wireless.

Thanks! :)

CPU: i5 4690K @ Stock                GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX @ Stock      SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (OS and Drivers)     Headset: Audio-Technica M20X

Case: Corsair Obsidian 250D        RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB LP             HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB                                         Mouse: Logitech m185

OS: Windows 8.1 OEM                 PSU: Corsair RM650                                Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N Mini ITX                         Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K65 RGB

As far as my experience goes, the G402 works great on cloth pads. I use it on the QcK+ from SteelSeries and it's pretty nice.

Also, for Rs. 1000 it doesn't look like you can get great wireless headphones. 

It's best to go with a reputable brand like Sony, Sennheiser, Audio-Technica and Philips, and in this price range wired headphones are the best option.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Id say you really need to get that G240

I remember you from the giveaway of fwdkiller yesterday, saying you used the side panel of your Corsair 250D as a mousepad

Honestly dude its a good buy, if you can just add a bit more you could get the QcK, but since I don't know prices there, thats is your best bet

"Dont take my word for it, wait for the others"

-GabbDogg 2015

SNIP

I really was frustrated that day but guys I'm getting a Corsair Gamaing M65 RGB, Corsair Gaming MM200 Compact Edition Mouse Mat and AudioTechnica M20X Headphones. And I purchased Watchdogs from G2A for $5. Check this out too. I don't know if I'll find the headphones too big. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406249-audiotechnica-options/

CPU: i5 4690K @ Stock                GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX @ Stock      SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (OS and Drivers)     Headset: Audio-Technica M20X

Case: Corsair Obsidian 250D        RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB LP             HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB                                         Mouse: Logitech m185

OS: Windows 8.1 OEM                 PSU: Corsair RM650                                Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N Mini ITX                         Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K65 RGB

I really was frustrated that day but guys I'm getting a Corsair Gamaing M65 RGB, Corsair Gaming MM200 Compact Edition Mouse Mat and AudioTechnica M20X Headphones. And I purchased Watchdogs from G2A for $5. Check this out too. I don't know if I'll find the headphones too big. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406249-audiotechnica-options/

The M20X is a little on the big side, but not really that bulky. Also, instead of the M65, get the Corsair Sabre RGB Optical if you can. It has better tracking and it also has RGB.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

The M20X is a little on the big side, but not really that bulky. Also, instead of the M65, get the Corsair Sabre RGB Optical if you can. It has better tracking and it also has RGB.

The Sabre looks kinda lame though. But is it a good buy? I'll see if it's available here. My mouse mat is being imported from the U.S. I bought it off Amazon.in I also wanted to know if the Razer Deathadder is good? I like soft buttons, I have a Cherry MX Red Keyboard. But it shouldn't be too soft. And does the Deathadder have macros and RGB?

The Sabre looks kinda lame though. But is it a good buy? I'll see if it's available here. My mouse mat is being imported from the U.S. I bought it off Amazon.in I also wanted to know if the Razer Deathadder is good? I like soft buttons, I have a Cherry MX Red Keyboard. But it shouldn't be too soft. And does the Deathadder have macros and RGB?

The deathadder has a Chroma version or more commonly known as RGB, but it also has a non-rgb version

No it doesn't have any macros; it only has side buttons for back and forward 

I don't know what you mean by "soft" though

The deathadder has a Chroma version or more commonly known as RGB, but it also has a non-rgb version

No it doesn't have any macros; it only has side buttons for back and forward 

I don't know what you mean by "soft" though

Raph,

Like the soft buttons, not too hard

I think thats what he means

You could be 50/50 with the Deathadder

I've mostly heard that some mice last 1-3mos while others last a year or longer

The quality is bipolar. 

Get the Corsair, even though it looks lame 

"Dont take my word for it, wait for the others"

-GabbDogg 2015

SNIP

SNIP

SNIP

Are the left and right clicks soft on the Sabre? I might get that.

Are the left and right clicks soft on the Sabre? I might get that.

Yeah, but they still have a tactile feel so it won't feel too cheap when using them

SNIP

Ok then, Sabre it is. So as for the status of the other products, my mouse mat is coming from New York, I bought it off Amazon.in and will be here in a week. And as I said my AudioTechnica headphones are already here. I have't used them yet. Thanks for all your help members! :D

DON'T GET A LASER MOUSE thank me later

Currently roaming the forums in boredom

I like mice and keyboards and the sort

Formerly TheFlurryGames

DON'T GET A LASER MOUSE thank me later

Then what should I get? I'm gonna use it on the MM200.

Then what should I get? I'm gonna use it on the MM200.

The MM200 is good, but the M65 has a laser sensor and built in acceleration, which is a really bad thing.  I recommend that you get the G402 like you said you were going to originally get.

Formerly TheFlurryGames

The MM200 is good, but the M65 has a laser sensor and built in acceleration, which is a really bad thing.  I recommend that you get the G402 like you said you were going to originally get.

Isn't acceleration good?

Isn't acceleration good?

NOOOOO

Formerly TheFlurryGames

~

Isn't acceleration good?

Not at all.

SNIP

Hi @NeatSquidYT, but why is acceleration bad? My cheap Logitech m185 mouse also has acceleration. I mean if I move my hand faster, the cursor also moves faster. I don't know if it'll be more intense on the M65 RGB though.

Hi @NeatSquidYT, but why is acceleration bad? My cheap Logitech m185 mouse also has acceleration. I mean if I move my hand faster, the cursor also moves faster. I don't know if it'll be more intense on the M65 RGB though.

Acceleration decreases your accuracy in games MASSIVELY. Even if you aren't mr FPS pro, or even if you don't play FPSes, acceleration is bad in every game due to its inaccuracy.

Acceleration decreases your accuracy in games MASSIVELY. Even if you aren't mr FPS pro, or even if you don't play FPSes, acceleration is bad in every game due to its inaccuracy.

Ok then, I'll get the Sabre. Q: Do pros like FNATIC, etc use mice with acceleration? Just wanted to know.

Ok then, I'll get the Sabre. Q: Do pros like FNATIC, etc use mice with acceleration? Just wanted to know.

NO, they use mice with the least acceleration possible.