why is the internet speed in the dubai so slow :( having very high pings in gaming

Khamiri

i hope some is from the middle east that can relate with my issuie anyways, i have very high pings in gaming the lowest ping in a server that i can find is 120+ ping which is unplayble when im online cause everyone has the first shot, if i shot first nothing happens but the other guy always kills me even if im covering behind a freaken wall! i dont know what to do 

i just talked to my internt previder Elife and tolled them to come to check it out and when they came they said they configured my router but when i game i still have the problem and they have no idea what to do

they also tolled me i have 8mb of speed which to me feels like a total lie i feel like i have 512k speed, even when im istalling game in steam it installs at less then 1mb?

every server i find is always the same problems but other people that i know say that they game at 60ping no problem, so what the hack is the problem? what can i do to fix this?

is 8mb not enough? do i need a new router? is there a program that i can download that can fix it if so which one?

please please help me i cant play online anymore with these high pings! 

8mb=1MB
get your units straight

and high pings depend on location of servers.

Dubai is pretty far from most game servers I'd imagine so that's why your ping is high.

8Mb = 1MB

my average ping in EU is about 80, so its not that terrible for you , 120 is totally fine

+ the thing the guy above sad, dubai is pretty far from most servers

@Khamiri

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Like said, ping depend more about distance between you and server than your actual connection speed. My friends (I got 100/100 so not really good example) have ping to same and neighbour countries about 10-20. To better cental Europe is 50-60. To France and UK, 70. To southern Europe closer to 80. I have myself played some on New York based servers, ping being 150.

So try to find servers that are geographically close to you. Israeli, Turkey, Egypt, India?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Like said, ping depend more about distance between you and server than your actual connection speed. My friends (I got 100/100 so not really good example) have ping to same and neighbour countries about 10-20. To better cental Europe is 50-60. To France and UK, 70. To southern Europe closer to 80. I have myself played some on New York based servers, ping being 150.

So try to find servers that are geographically close to you. Israeli, Turkey, Egypt, India?

its just as you say, it really depends on geographical location of the server you are playing with. the farther the server from your location, the longer it takes the data to send/receive.

CPU: Intel I7-4790K OC to 4.6Ghz | Cooler: Corsair H100i | Motherboard: Asus Z97 PRO (wifi-ac) | GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Ram: 4 GB Corsair Vengeance x 2 and 4 GB HyperX Savage x 2  |

PSU: EVGA 850w Supernova G2 80PLUS GOLD | Storage: Fuijitsu 250 GB Mechanical Drive | Case: Thermaltake Urban T31

Speed =/= ping, ping relies on the distance from the server.

Move closer to the server, find a closer server to where you are, or get fiber other than that, yep, your ping will be high.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Speed =/= ping, ping relies on the distance from the server.

Move closer to the server, find a closer server to where you are, or get fiber other than that, yep, your ping will be high.

Unless you are streaming, a saturated uplink can cause your ping to skyrocket

they also tolled me i have 8mb of speed which to me feels like a total lie i feel like i have 512k speed, even when im istalling game in steam it installs at less then 1mb?

You're confusing bits and bytes. A byte is eight bits. So when they tell you your download bandwidth is 8 Mb/s, that means you will be downloading at a maximum of 1 MB/s at best (and of course it will often be lower than that). 8 Mb/s down is mediocre, but not terrible.

But download bandwidth doesn't usually affect gaming once you've already got the game installed. Your ping and unreliability are probably related to your distance from the server you're playing on. If you're trying to connect to U.S. servers, your ping will be higher than if you were connecting to European servers. Ideally you want to find servers as close to you as possible.

Try WTFast or something like that, forgot the other program names. Personally liked that one the most, but you will have to pay few $ a month. It does help me when I play FFXIV from Europe on US server that's located in Canada. Helped quite a bit few people I know.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Unless you are streaming, a saturated uplink can cause your ping to skyrocket

Still, copper just can only do so much, you can't expect to have lower pings with copper unless you're pretty much next to the server.

It it was fiber, then that would be a different story.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.