How many GB is win. 10 going to be?

Textosterone

Will a 128 GB ssd be ok for win 10 and some games?

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Its almost identical to Windows 8 in size when installed.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Will a 128 GB ssd be ok for win 10 and some games?

It's a good start and you can always get a HDD afterwards if you need more space.

| CPU: i5-4460 | GPU: GTX 750Ti Twin Frozr | Motherboard: Asus H97M-Plus | Ram: 2x4gb Kinkston ValueRam | CPU Cooler: Rajintek Aidos | PSU: Corsair VS550 | Storage: Kingston SSDNOW V300 120gb & 1TB WD Blue | Case: Sharkoon T28 Red | Case coolers: 3 Cooler Master SickleFlow Red Led | 

| HP ProBook 650 G1 | i5-4200M | Ram: 4gb | 500gb HDD |

Depends how you configure the install. It can be as low as ~7 GB or as high as ~25.

They have features and ways to get it down to about 2 GB but I'm not sure if regular copies can be configured to do that, I think that's specifically for OEM devices like tablets where they do that. (They run the OS compressed and decompress certain aspects on the fly as they are needed, or something along those lines.)

Some things you can do to lower install size: reduce or turn off page file, turn off hibernation, uninstall default apps.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Depends how you configure the install. It can be as low as ~7 GB or as high as ~25.

They have features and ways to get it down to about 2 GB but I'm not sure if regular copies can be configured to do that, I think that's specifically for OEM devices like tablets where they do that. (They run the OS compressed and decompress certain aspects on the fly as they are needed, or something along those lines.)

Some things you can do to lower install size: reduce or turn off page file, turn off hibernation, uninstall default apps.

Woah... How can I get my install down to 7gb?? I have an OEM copy of Windows 8

500GB to be comfortable IMO.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

500GB to be comfortable IMO.

Same here, but if you can't afford it (850 500GB is at an awesome price, though. Like, $160 when I last saw it) at least 250. You'll be able to hold 2 large games on the 128, maybe three.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

win10 preview about 16 GB (32 bit) or 20 GB (64 bit), i think it will be fine

128GB will be fine. I'd imagine it will be around 30-40GB

How in the hell can you imagine Windows 10 to take up 30-40GB?

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

How in the hell can you imagine Windows 10 to take up 30-40GB?

Just based on how much my Windows 7 takes up. 

EDIT: I'm also not talking about how much is actually required. For a clean install, it will be much less, but over time, the Windows folder will grow. 

Since the surface ships with 64GB your fine. If I recall 32 might have been the minimum for win8

Just based on how much my Windows 7 takes up. 

EDIT: I'm also not talking about how much is actually required. For a clean install, it will be much less, but over time, the Windows folder will grow. 

Thats only if you GIVE it that much space to use.  The smaller the drive, the less Windows will use.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Thats only if you GIVE it that much space to use.  The smaller the drive, the less Windows will use.

It's like taxes. :P

It's like taxes. :P

one of the biggest features that will eat up backup suppose is the restore points this is based off of % and not a actual number. So the larger your drive the larger the amount of restore points you'll have. Windows, after drivers are installed and its updated, will use about 8GB of storage space. This is considering you turn restore points off and delete all the update installers.

Spoiler