Forgive me, gamers. For I have sinned...or have I?

ThatFatMan1911

So after pre-ordering quite a few games in 2014 only to be disappointed by them *ahem* AC Unity...I told myself I would never preorder again. Well, today I sinned...or did I? Just Cause 2 was and still is one of my most favorite games of all time. I freaked out when I found that Avalanche Studios had announced the collectors edition for Just Cause 3 and today I preordered it because you know what? There are still gaming companies that I trust. Namely Avalanche Studios for making the Just Cause series, and the upcoming Mad Max game, Bethesda, Rockstar Games, and Nintendo. Everyone else I will never preorder from again. Anyway, this is what comes in the CE. Do you think it was alright for me to preorder? Or do you think I'm destroying the gaming industry? 

91n2FOTVA5L._SL1500_.jpg

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

I loved Just cause 2 

so if they don't fuck up and they make a good game i be happy

but is it worth that extra money for some gimmicks?

naaaw

That Collector's Edition looks really cool.

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

Yup. You fucked up.

What I learned from last year: Never pre order anything

What I learned from this year (Arkham Knight): Trust no one with pre-orders, INCLUDING HIGHLY TRUSTED COMPANIES and to never get hyped from trailers. People always get hyped over nothing because the marketing works but they don't think about it in an actual game and I hate to see people fall time and time again for trailer fever.

Only game I will ever pre order is a main series Pokemon game. And Elder Scrolls if I have a beast PC

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

So after pre-ordering quite a few games in 2014 only to be disappointed by them *ahem* AC Unity...I told myself I would never preorder again. Well, today I sinned...or did I? Just Cause 2 was and still is one of my most favorite games of all time. I freaked out when I found that Avalanche Studios had announced the collectors edition for Just Cause 3 and today I preordered it because you know what? There are still gaming companies that I trust. Namely Avalanche Studios for making the Just Cause series, and the upcoming Mad Max game, Bethesda, Rockstar Games, and Nintendo. Everyone else I will never preorder from again. Anyway, this is what comes in the CE. Do you think it was alright for me to preorder? Or do you think I'm destroying the gaming industry? 

91n2FOTVA5L._SL1500_.jpg

Even if the game is fucked up, it'll get fixed quick, so I don't see the issue.

Only game I will ever pre order is a main series Pokemon game. And Elder Scrolls if I have a beast PC

Cuz Pokémon totally isn't just more of a copy than CoD every game.

From what I have seen, Pokémon fans are milked more than your average farm cow yet everyone gets mad at other devs?

K human race, k

But how will you play it on PC?

If those items were pre-order exclusives, then i would say no. But if it's just a collectors edition that you will have no problem getting hold of after release, then i still don't see a reason to pre-order. 

Even if the game is fucked up, it'll get fixed quick, so I don't see the issue.

*cough* Arkham Knight *cough*

You don't seem to understand how the gaming world works.

Bad PR can really hit hard in a companies future sales.

Well I'm legit the biggest CoD Fag on the forums. I'm preordering Black Ops 3. 

I've learned my lesson though. Only preorder Treyarch's games. Because they actually care about the PC Community.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

*cough* Arkham Knight *cough*

You don't seem to understand how the gaming world works.

Bad PR can really hit hard in a companies future sales.

How long has Arkham Knight been out? Give it another month or so and it'll be fine. Not everything can be fixed in 10 minutes like you're wanting.

Cuz Pokémon totally isn't just more of a copy than CoD every game.

From what I have seen, Pokémon fans are milked more than your average farm cow yet everyone gets mad at other devs?

K human race, k

Unnecessary comment is unnecessary.

I play all Pokemon games a whole lot, always 250+ hours and often 350+ hours.

I think that makes it worth my money.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I've learned my lesson though. Only preorder Treyarch's games. Because they actually care about the PC Community.

^True

pre ordered Ghosts and AW and was quite disappointed.. Not gonna pre order BO3 though, because it will look like shit on PS3 and don't have a good PC. I hope Zombies will be fun :)

Yup. You fucked up.

What I learned from this year (Arkham Knight): Trust no one with pre-orders, INCLUDING HIGHLY TRUSTED COMPANIES

Ok my question to everyone who is saying I made a mistake: have you even played JC2...

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

How long has Arkham Knight been out? Give it another month or so and it'll be fine. Not everything can be fixed in 10 minutes like you're wanting.

It shouldn't be released broken.

How can you be fine with people who dedicate their money to a company before they even release the game getting fucked over?

I bought AW. I think I only enjoy COD for the storylines and with that, Kevin Spacey was a phenomenal addition to the game. 

Ok my question to everyone who is saying I made a mistake: have you even played JC2...

I also played Arkham Asylum and Arkham City which were two of the greatest games I ever played and I play Arkham Knight to have my emotions fucked more than a whore.

You seriously can't predict the future but you can sure as hell pad yourself in case it hits you like a ton of bricks.

Unnecessary comment is unnecessary.

I play all Pokemon games a whole lot, always 250+ hours and often 350+ hours.

I think that makes it worth my money.

Don't get me wrong, I see why someone would adore those games but barely anything new is added each year besides some new pokémon.

It shouldn't be released broken.

How can you be fine with people who dedicate their money to a company before they even release the game getting fucked over?

It shouldn't. If you wanna pre-order it, then just don't play it until it's fixed. That simple. 

I also played Arkham Asylum and Arkham City which were two of the greatest games I ever played and I play Arkham Knight to have my emotions fucked more than a whore.

You seriously can't predict the future but you can sure as hell pad yourself in case it hits you like a ton of bricks.

Well I don't care much for Batman games but whoever made it must not put a lot of love into it for it to be fucked beyond belief day one. I am MORE than confident JC3 will be a success. 

Well I don't care much for Batman games but whoever made it must not put a lot of love into it for it to be fucked beyond belief day one. I am MORE than confident JC3 will be a success. 

So was I in Arkham Knight.

You can't allow yourself to get hyped just mildly hopeful.