The next BIG thing?

X_Rated_Box

What do you guys think will be the next BIG thing in the Computer industry

And i also dont know if this is  off topic but i dont think so :D

(and please no pnis jokes;D)

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

Maybe Quantum computing?

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Holo Lens

Everytime i see a demo I get more convinced it has the potential to change the world.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Right now I don't think Quantum Computing... I think maybe a new material to replace current silicon.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Right now I don't think Quantum Computing... I think maybe a new material to replace silicon.

Which would be silicon (just a different variety) - GLASS (for transmitting light of course)

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Depends what you mean by big. AMD being brought out big or consumer products moving over to graphene from silicon big?

Depends what you mean by big. AMD being brought out big or consumer products moving over to graphene from silicon big?

Depends on your subjectiv view anything that YOU think will be next

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

Which would be silicon (just a different variety) - GLASS (for transmitting light of course)

Fixed...

Transmitting light, like we do with fiber optics is not very practical for computing in most areas but it's about as realistic as current Quantum computing technology coming to mainstream consumers (not very) 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Fixed...

Transmitting light, like we do with fiber optics is not very practical for computing in most areas but it's about as realistic as current Quantum computing technology coming to mainstream consumers (not very) 

And yet scientists are already saying current technology is reaching its limitations and we will have to move to something else shortly, and that something is light.

There is German prototype light based CPU in existence which they claim could break the petabyte barrier when its finalised (and actually working of course).

If I am honest though I'm not 100% sure if the use optics or some other method of transmitting light?

And yet scientists are already saying current technology is reaching its limitations and we will have to move to something else shortly, and that something is light.

There is German prototype light based CPU in existence which they claim could break the petabyte barrier when its finalised (and actually working of course).

If I am honest though I'm not 100% sure if the use optics or some other method of transmitting light?

holy sh!it!!!! BREAK THE PETABYTE BARRIER! dayum that will be one fast mofo! (if they ever get it working)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Put money on us being able to pull that blues clues shit by 2017, jump right into ya screens. Heard it here first.

I liked your post because you have an Awesome display picture :). Just remember 10th of November!

holy sh!it!!!! BREAK THE PETABYTE BARRIER! dayum that will be one fast mofo! (if they ever get it working)

OK, so slight correction. It appears current light based models are based on Graphene, not Glass, and as we all should know, Graphene is Carbon based not Silicon based.

Its all entirely theoretical right now, AFAIK no one has actually got one of these things working yet but the Germans are really pushing ahead (as are other nations too) with this and I honestly believe in our lifetimes we will see the beginning of the Light based electronics era.

Non buggy games.

But that's just a dream

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Holo Lens

Everytime i see a demo I get more convinced it has the potential to change the world.

This ! ! ! 

We were talking about it the other day, imagine a Real world to pokemon, catch em fight em, have them run around your house. 

To me halolens is the future, Skip VR, its all about augmented. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Non buggy games.

But that's just a dream

o12ov.jpg

As a developer myself I understand there are bugs... But the fact that games are sometimes unplayable.. That's just too much. As if they didn't have time to test stuff :(

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Cpus with multiple architectures; i heard that amd had a project where they where planning to make an arm and x86 compatible cpu .

The VISC architecture also seams promising but it isnt going far

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case