Have only a 500W psu can I get a gtx 960 g1 gaming with two 6 pin connectors

I'm going to get a gtx 960 g1 gaming but only have a 500W psu that has one 6 pin and the gtx 960 g1 gaming requires 2. I do have a connector that goes from 2 fan connectors too a 6 pin connector, but is this recommended, or should I upgrade psu first?

What power supply do you have?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Yes, but any good 500w PSU should have 2 PCIE power plugs on it. What brand/model is it? You could if its a good brand/model.

Sure. My 400W EVGA PSU runs an FX 6300 at 4.2GHz and a GTX 760 overclocked like hell. Haven't shut down or anything.

What power supply do you have?

I bought psu with case for only $58usd the psu and case are powercase. Am from New Zealand so I paid about $86NZD 

I bought psu with case for only $50usd the psu and case are powercase 

That might explode. I would upgrade to a 500W 80+ PSU. Like the EVGA 500B

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

That might explode. I would upgrade to a 500W 80+ PSU. Like the EVGA 500B

Not an EVGA 500B. More like a Seasonic S12II 520W.

I bought psu with case for only $58usd the psu and case are powercase. Am from New Zealand so I paid about $86NZD 

What ConnorPiper said. The PSU that came with your case is 99% likely to be super poop, I wouldn't trust it as it could fail at any time. Something like a Corsair CX600 if you're on a budget.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Not an EVGA 500B. More like a Seasonic S12II 520W.

It was $30 a couple days ago. Whatever is cheap and at least has an 80+ rating from a brand that is not like "Super Power Extra Ultra Plus Extreme"

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

It was $30 a couple days ago. Whatever is cheap and at least has an 80+ rating from a brand that is not like "Super Power Extra Ultra Plus Extreme"

"Super Power Extra Ultra Plus Extreme"? Dangit man, thats my most favorite PSU brand ever!!!

2u72jv6.jpg

Love it. 10kW

I would direct you to this for a good laugh: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=204

"Two fans for double the airflow!"

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch